“Best dining experience ever.”
Review of Perigee Restaurant - CLOSED

Perigee Restaurant
Price range: US$7 - US$25
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 10 August 2014

My sister and I had our first (of many to come,I hope) experience here on a Saturday night. We were the first patrons in and were seated by the window. The waitress came right over to show us the nights menu. We ordered and were delighted when the waitress brought out a gift from the chef. A Mediterranean quinoa salad with fresh feta cheese. It was amazing. Our appetizers were a ravioli with mascarpone and squash with a tomato vodka sauce. I fell in love with food there. For my entree, my salmon was perfect. Little surprises, delicious food, wonderful wait staff, it all adds up to an excellent dining experience. I will be going back.

1  Thank marbacha4

Reviewed 8 August 2014

What a terrible experience we had last night. We arrived and were seated upstairs. As soon as we sat down, we noticed the air conditioning was turned up high. We asked our waitress if she could turn it down and with a surly attitude said she'd see what could be done.
A few minutes later, she brings us the menu's, and literally drops them in front of us.
Not two minutes later, and I mean two minutes later, she returns and asks if we are ready to order. We said no, but put in our drink order.
I drink Tanqueray Gin and tonic regularly, and I happen to have good palate. What they served me WAS NOT Tanqueray. I did not feel like making a scene, so I drank what was served.
No sooner had our waitress brought our drinks than she asked us again if we knew what we wanted to order. I told her we would let her know when we were ready.
Again we complained about the air conditioning, and she said nothing could be done to lower it.
We ordered our meal, and they brought us a decent risotto for an amuse-bouche. Then they brought us our appetizers. We noticed the tables around us had received bread, so we asked if we could have some. Again with the attitude, our server brought it to us saying she forgot.
Final "straw that broke the camels back". At 9:34, we were finishing coffee and dessert, and all of a sudden. the main lights are turned off where we were sitting. Admittedly, no one else was upstairs, and as we walked down the stairs, we saw no one else was in the restaurant.
Is that any way of treating customers? For a Thursday night in August, Not many people were there. I guess that says it all.

1  Thank David M
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Just east of Stockbridge and easy to miss, Perigee is an excellent blend of good food, nice service and a comfortable ambiance.

The restaurant is on two levels with an intimate bar at the entrance level. There is a nice cozy feel to the place and we were warmly welcomed.

The menu is eclectic with something that satisfied our party of 8 who were easily seated in a corner upstairs. The food was quite good and service was attentive.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

A dead fly on my table, undercooked fish and an argumentative waitress all contributed to a very bad experience. Sending my food back to the kitchen to be cooked resulted in a very tiny piece of fish on my plate when it was returned to me. The experience was so disappointing on my last evening of vacation that I could not eat my dinner with any pleasure. I had my uneaten dinner wrapped to go, skipped ordering any dessert at all, and paid $41 for a Caesar salad and water. I had an absolutely lovely dinner at another restaurant in the area (see my other reviews).

Reviewed 5 July 2014

Food is phenomenal in this funky, eclectic restaurant. Make reservations and go soon. Its is near the theater so its a perfect place to dine before catching the show. There were 6 in our party and we had the halibut special, the mushroom risotto, the steak frites, the crab cake, the salmon and the pork dish. The servings are generous and the food delicious. Service was spot on. Truly a great experience.