Holiday Inn Club Vacations Oak n' Spruce Resort
US$76
The Red Lion Inn(Stockbridge)(Great Value!)
US$202
US$93
AscendHotels
LakeHouse Inn(Lee)(Great Value!)
US$353
Briarcliff Motel(Great Barrington)(Great Value!)
US$156
US$152
Hotels.com
All reviewsmini golfshuffle boardactivity centerpool towelsfull kitchenthird floorindoor poolmovie theatertwo bedroom unitoutlet mallrec centerrecommend this resorttennis courtshot tubnice resortthe norman rockwell museumfree movies
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Well this resort is marketed by a team of con artists.

My girlfriend and I were at Six Flags when they gave a scratch card. It indicated we had won a vacation. We were skeptical but these guys were across Six Flags and assumed they were legitimate.

They claimed we would get a free vacation if we attended a 90 minute tour. They claimed they needed my credit card only if incase i didnt come to the tour. Of course they lied and ended up charging my card $40 regardless of whether I came. I spoke with the resort, they indicated they always charge $40, but supposedly give a gift card. They told me they used an external marketing agency. I called this external marketing agency which made me wait 40min to speak with someone only for them to redirect me back to the resort.

This is illegal to charge me for something I didnt agree to. I will be filing charges with the police.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
13  Thank Jay G
Reviewed 28 May 2014

My husband and I stayed in a 2-bedroom in early May. We had had one grim visit to this resort ( loose toilet, jacuzzi pumping out black gunk, loose dishwasher door, sauna caught fire etc.), but because the area is so beautiful, outlets are nearby, and restaurants abound, we opted to give it one more go. It is unlikely we'll go back.

For families who stay out and about, this resort is probably more appealing. There are good options for family fun: pool, mini golf, large game room. However for adults wanting to just tune out and kick back in a nice, comfortable unit, this isn't the place!

Our bedroom had a comfortable king bed, but the jacuzzi tub was in spitting distance from my pillow and the shower head pointed right at the bed. One mishap with the shower curtain would've created a mess! The tv in the bedroom was small and old; the one in the other bedroom was the same and put so low, you couldn't see it over your feet. Neither had great reception. There was NO wifi unless you were willing to go out in the rain and sit in the main activity building. )This is the only resort we have been to in years where there was no in-room service available.) There is also no DVD player. You have to rent one and movies must be rented as well. The living area was cramped. A large couch with hard cushions, a sleigh coffee table and a large, old, deep TV that needed a wide stand made it close for two people. Had we brought friends, we would have all been uncomfortable. The bedrooms were fine but since college dorm days are well behind us, that wasn't where we wanted to hang out! A flat screen in the living room that would have required a table half the width would have helped.

The kitchen was small, but well equipped. However, there was almost no counter space and storing a week's worth of food was problematic.

The units are housed in apartment-style buildings of three floors. We were on the third. Be advised. Carrying a week's worth of food, luggage, activities etc. up three flights is a haul. Pack light! Also, when you check in, you stand in line and are assigned a unit on arrival. That is unique in our experience too.
On the plus side: the balcony had nice solid furniture; the unit was clean; the rugs and furnishings were unsoiled; the grounds are attractively landscaped and well kept up.

Like everything else, individual vacation needs and expectations determine satisfaction with the overall experience. Ours simply were not met. We expected better.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Alison B
Reviewed 15 May 2014

We enjoyed our week. We ignored all of those 90 minute tours except when the tour guides were unusually pleasant and personable. Bring your hiking shoes because there is a great well marked hike right next door in Black Bear State Forest. Our building seemed to have thin walls but luckily there was no one on either side - we did like having 2 stories. Not sure how it would be with neighbors. The staff were kind and guests pleasant to each other. We found the location convenient for going all over the Berkshires. Odd that they have not installed wifi except in the main building. You can access outside of the back of the building.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Timothy5
Reviewed 23 April 2014

We have stayed at this resort many times and knew there was variability in the accommodations. We called in advance and requested early check-in and an upgrade and were granted both. The 2 bedroom unit in the Presedential building was beautiful and the front desk staff very helpful.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank lloyd b
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Please stay away from these crooks! My wife & I were approached by a gang of very rude sales people while enjoying a Mavericks game. Were we told if we would take a 90 minute tour of their resort we would receive 3 days & 2 nights at the Great Wolf Lodge. We were also told to put down a $20 deposit & would get $40 back on a Visa gift card after tour. We drove 2 hours to the middle of nowhere. The resort was old & ran down & the tour was an hour. The next 4 hours we sat in a room with very aggresive & rude sales people. The more you pay the less you get their vacations make no sense. Why would we pay $15,000 to spend 1 week a year at their resorts? I had enough there was no way we were sitting through anymore presentations just to go to the Great Wolfe Lodge. We declined everything they tried to sale & got a $40 visa gift card we were promised. This gift card has been declined everywhere we've tried using it. This place is a waste of money & time. Please tell everyone you know to stay away from Silver Thief. They are at malls sporting events anywhere they can put a booth. They email & call you to death. Don't signup to win a free vacation or car its all a scam to get your information. Thank me later.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family