“Dissappointing”
Review of Pine Knot Motel

Pine Knot Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in South Yarmouth
Pine Knot Motel
Ranked #17 of 21 Hotels in South Yarmouth
Reviewed 28 August 2013

Maybe I went in expecting more based on some of these "reviews" that now I question. Yes the landscape is probably the best I have ever seen but you don't sleep on the bushes. The insides really old and not old styled but old and run down. Carpet is run down and there is this slight congested, confined smell in the room. Price was alright but the other reviews, most start with my husband and I, had a great experience that we missed. it was great to be in the refreshing yard sitting there at the tables which is like a meadow but the room itself was not as refreshing. Kind of disappointing. We would not want to stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask to see the room first.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
8  Thank John B

Reviewed 13 August 2013

My wife was so impressed by the look of this Hotel we went online to get more info. To our surprise and delight it looked charming in an old Cape kind of way. You can't book on line but when you call you can hear the sound of true customer in the voice of the owner a second generation owner who makes you feel like she was inviting to her home not her Hotel. The rooms are larger than most Cape Rt. 28 places and are kept spotless clean.If you like to stay on the Cape at a reasonable rate in a charmingly retro family owned clean quiet establishment with lovely grounds then this is the place for you.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank JohnZabjr
Reviewed 13 August 2013

We have visited the cape for many years and didn't realize what a gem the Pine Knot motel is. We recently stayed here and found the rooms comfortable, simple and very clean with a laid back warm feeling that adds to the charm of this motel. The landscape is beautifully maintained and the owner and staff quite friendly. The rates were very reasonable and the location is easy access to many activities. We will stay at the Pine Knot again in the future!

Room Tip: Great Italian restaurant right next door.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 August 2013

My sisters' and I have been going to Pine Knot every summer for many years. We spend at least 3 to 4 times a year at Pine Knot and have never been disappointed. Great location, the rooms are all very clean, comfortable and charming. The grounds are well kept with beautiful landscaping. We especially love the privacy of the pool surrounded by beautiful flowers. Debbie, the owner and her staff could not have been more friendlier and accommodating. That's why we keep going back to Pine Knot year after year because we have never been disappointed. We recommend staying at Pine Knot.

Room Tip: Rooms near the back side of the pool are very quiet and convenient to access the pool under the tabl...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank maureen p
Reviewed 12 August 2013

I travel on business to the cape for art shows on the weekends at the cape. Now that I've found the Pine Knot, I booked my whole summer with Debbie. I've stayed in three different rooms this year and each one is extremely clean, cozy and comfortable. I have one more stay coming in September and I really look forward to staying here. It really reminds me to the closest thing to being at home. It's on a busy road, but the noise doesn't seem to reach the rooms and the clientele have always seemed very responsible and quiet. Debbie is super friendly and shows you to your room every time. I'm really glad I found it as I travel alone and it's just really comfortable. Not to mention that the landscaping and gardens are beautiful and add a really nice touch. Great rates too!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 July 2013

My husband and I have been traveling to South Yarmouth for the past 9 years, at times two times a year and each time we stay at the Pine Knot. The rooms are always clean, comfortable and cozy, and quite Debbie, the owner, always greets us with open arms and she keeps the place beautiful! The rooms have knotty pine and are very spacious. You can not beat the pricing of the rooms either, very reasonable and affordable. The Pine Knot is located in the middle of everything, especially close to the beach! If you are looking for a reflection of "Olde Cape Cod" the Pine Knot is your place to stay! We can not wait to get back to the Cape and stay at the Pine Knot!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 July 2013

My husband and I have been traveling to the Cape for years. When we spend time in South Yarmouth (which is usually 2 or 3 times a year), we always stay at Pine Knot. It is "olde" Cape Cod. All the rooms are very clean, comfortable and cozy. The owner, Deborah, keeps the place up beautifully and is always available. If you've never been to the Cape but are expecting to find a Hilton, the Cape is not the place for you. These units are typically Cape Cod style. (I have to admit that some of the reviews are probably written by people who are definitely not familiar with the Cape and expect luxury and lavish surroundings). The property is VERY quiet and being on Rt 28, there's always loads of different restaurants and shops to visit. We love Pine Knot!!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
#20 of 21 in South Yarmouth
Parkers River Resort
Parkers River Resort
#16 of 21 in South Yarmouth

Been to Pine Knot Motel? Share your experiences!