“Where Time Stood Still”
Review of Pine Knot Motel

Pine Knot Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in South Yarmouth
Pine Knot Motel
Ranked #17 of 21 Hotels in South Yarmouth
Reviewed 12 June 2014

A day trip for lunch at Brax Landing in Harwich turned into an unexpected overnight when the weather surprised forecasters and and the afternoon sun made it pleasant to walk Lighthouse Beach in Chatham. Deciding to stay for dinner and a couple of drinks at Baxters in Hyannis, we then looked for an inexpensive place to literally just spend the night. Pine Knot was perfect for what we were looking for, even though it is not the kind of place where we usually stay. From the outside the motel is a very attractive, well-maintained, nicely landscaped series of one level buildings, reminiscent of what one saw along Cape roads years ago. This appearance, along with signage offering rooms at $26 a person, drew us in. The inside is really a fun throwback to another period. What I liked the best were the five windows in the room; two in the front, two looking out the back and another in the bathroom. Painted knotty pine tongue and groove panelling, square foot ceiling tiles, the open clothes rod and shelf, and a subtle mustiness gave the place a nostalgiac aura. I would like to have seen better quality furnishings, though not new furniture or accessories as that would seem anachronistic in a mid- century establishment. But at that cheap price, how can anyone be disappointed. The room was clean, the water pressure and hot water in the shower were better than satisfactory, the bed was surprisingly comfortable. As they say, the place "is what it is.". If you go in expecting it to be what it is not, you will be disappointed. But for us, we had a great time reminiscing in a place that they don't build any more.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Just-keep-living
There are newer reviews for Pine Knot Motel

Reviewed 7 June 2014

My BFF and I took a road trip to the Cape in June 2013, her 1st time on the Cape. Our 1st couple of nights we stayed at the Howard Johnson's just outside Hyannis....what a mistake!! It was expensive, dirty, smelled musty and we had to ask EVERY day for clean towels and toilet paper!!!! When we turned on the a/c the room was invaded by mosquitoes............not a good experience!
Driving to P-town on our 4th day we spotted the Pine Knot, stopped to inquire about rooms and were greeted by one of the nicest innkeepers ever! Deb showed us a couple rooms and we moved in. No they aren't fancy rooms ( you can't beat the price) but they had all the amenities of HJ only cleaner and well stocked with towels and toilet paper,lol.The carpets had just been shampooed and the room smelled great.The grounds are beautiful, full of flowers and well manicured shrubs. The inside reminds me of grandma's cabin in the woods, knotty pine walls and flowered bedspreads.
We had a great stay and will definitely be back, hopefully later this Summer or early Fall.

Love Cape Cod and love Pine Knot!!!!
Kathie & Karen

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank Kathieny3
Reviewed 28 August 2013

Maybe I went in expecting more based on some of these "reviews" that now I question. Yes the landscape is probably the best I have ever seen but you don't sleep on the bushes. The insides really old and not old styled but old and run down. Carpet is run down and there is this slight congested, confined smell in the room. Price was alright but the other reviews, most start with my husband and I, had a great experience that we missed. it was great to be in the refreshing yard sitting there at the tables which is like a meadow but the room itself was not as refreshing. Kind of disappointing. We would not want to stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask to see the room first.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
8  Thank John B
Reviewed 13 August 2013

My wife was so impressed by the look of this Hotel we went online to get more info. To our surprise and delight it looked charming in an old Cape kind of way. You can't book on line but when you call you can hear the sound of true customer in the voice of the owner a second generation owner who makes you feel like she was inviting to her home not her Hotel. The rooms are larger than most Cape Rt. 28 places and are kept spotless clean.If you like to stay on the Cape at a reasonable rate in a charmingly retro family owned clean quiet establishment with lovely grounds then this is the place for you.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank JohnZabjr
Reviewed 13 August 2013

We have visited the cape for many years and didn't realize what a gem the Pine Knot motel is. We recently stayed here and found the rooms comfortable, simple and very clean with a laid back warm feeling that adds to the charm of this motel. The landscape is beautifully maintained and the owner and staff quite friendly. The rates were very reasonable and the location is easy access to many activities. We will stay at the Pine Knot again in the future!

Room Tip: Great Italian restaurant right next door.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 August 2013

My sisters' and I have been going to Pine Knot every summer for many years. We spend at least 3 to 4 times a year at Pine Knot and have never been disappointed. Great location, the rooms are all very clean, comfortable and charming. The grounds are well kept with beautiful landscaping. We especially love the privacy of the pool surrounded by beautiful flowers. Debbie, the owner and her staff could not have been more friendlier and accommodating. That's why we keep going back to Pine Knot year after year because we have never been disappointed. We recommend staying at Pine Knot.

Room Tip: Rooms near the back side of the pool are very quiet and convenient to access the pool under the tabl...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank maureen p
Reviewed 12 August 2013

I travel on business to the cape for art shows on the weekends at the cape. Now that I've found the Pine Knot, I booked my whole summer with Debbie. I've stayed in three different rooms this year and each one is extremely clean, cozy and comfortable. I have one more stay coming in September and I really look forward to staying here. It really reminds me to the closest thing to being at home. It's on a busy road, but the noise doesn't seem to reach the rooms and the clientele have always seemed very responsible and quiet. Debbie is super friendly and shows you to your room every time. I'm really glad I found it as I travel alone and it's just really comfortable. Not to mention that the landscaping and gardens are beautiful and add a really nice touch. Great rates too!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business