“Fabulous Family Destination”

Ranked #13 of 21 Hotels in South Yarmouth
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Fabulous Family Destination”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

My family had a great time staying at Parker's River Resort. The place is imaculate and the accomodations are wonderful. We started our day with coffee and pastries in the office. We enjoyed large open green space outside the pool. The kids were able to swim while the parents barbecued in a park like setting. The owners were frequently on site and they were very friendly and eager to meet the needs of their guests.

The Resort is very conveniently located close to most of the fun attractions, shopping and restaurants in the area, not to mention the best public beaches.

We will definitely return for our annual Cape Cod outings.
Susan

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Susan T

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed 16 July 2013

Immediately, Mike impressed me with outstanding customer service and a discount to pay cash rather than credit card. The room was practically spotless - which is difficult to achieve in a hotel that is not brand new, which this is not but that is OK. The location was convenient to a lot of great shops and beaches; the pool and hot tub were sparkling clean and refreshing. The continental value was also much appreciated. Overall, this is a great value!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Fairfield, Connecticut, United States
Reviewed 17 October 2012

I love this place! I remember driving past it and being attracted to it immediately! It's so much better than the other motels along that strip of road. Some people who write reviews on here are way too high maintenance. It's a MOTEL, not a five-star hotel in New York City. Plus, who wants to be inside their room all day, criticizing the minute details, when there's a whole town of greatness right outside!!!! The beach is so close, and the food surrounding the motel is AMAZING! I'd totally come back here. I hope that ignorant opinions about this place won't stop others from staying. :)

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
957MichaelF957, General Manager at Parkers River Resort, responded to this review, 11 April 2013
Thank you very much. We really aprecciate the fact you took time to review us. We look forward to host you again.
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 30 August 2012

My husband and I recent stayed at the Parkers River Resort for our wedding anniversary. We found many restaurants and stores within walking distance, as well as gift shops. Beaches were found a less than a mile away.
We had booked just one night, but we decided to stay a couple more after discovering how nice and friendly the staff treated us and provided everything we asked for. The continental breakfast was very convenient and rather tasty. The staff was friendly and enjoyable to talk to. They know the area very well and recommended the best places to dine and enjoy entertainment. There are many places for adults to go, as well as children, which made us miss ours. Next time we will take them with us.
There are lots of motels to choose from, but I found none kept so neat and clean.
An indoor pool, hot tub and courtyard with grills to enjoy your cook-outs are so relaxing.
We were impressed and certainly will return if we come to Cape Cod again.

Room Tip: Rooms at the are quieter.
2 Thank GuanandyG
Thank you for your time. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again soon.
Laval, Canada
Reviewed 27 August 2012

After reading some of the nastiest reviews about this place i was almost tempted to cancel my trip to Cape Cod, only to get there and realize that some people have nothing better to do then be horrible to others...we we're so well treated, it's super clean and our families had an amazing time, and yes it's not the biggest rooms, but super cozy! we will return again for sure...

Room Tip: If familly trip ask for suite or double bed room, for more space!
3 Thank csilveira72
957MichaelF957, General Manager at Parkers River Resort, responded to this review, 14 April 2013
Thank yiu very much. We are looking forward to see you again.
Fitchburg, Massachusetts
Reviewed 9 August 2012

My husband and I were travelling to the Cape for a family reunion. I couldn't find a room in our usual hotels. I read the reviews on here and thought that overall they were good reviews so I was excited to try somewhere new. My husband was not so excited. My first clue that should have warned me was that when I called for a reservation, the owner offered us a $20 discount if we paid cash upon check-in instead of charging it to my credit card.

We got to the hotel and paid our bill. We received our keys and the guy behind the desk kept talking about his "boss" who was the owner. I later found out that he was actually the owner. He told us that we got a great room. We got into the room and the broken air conditioner in the wall and a window AC that also didn't work. It was blowing warm air. We left to get a bite to eat and when we came back, the room was still warm. It was actually cooler outside even though the outside temperature was 96 degrees. I went to the office where the owner was checking in another couple. At the end of the cash transaction, I realized that he charged the couple $105 for what I was told was the same type of room. Once the couple was out of the office, I told the owner that the AC did't work and he said he'd be right over to check it out. He came over an hour later and said the only thing he could do was offer us a fan to blow the warm air around. There was no other room he could move us into since there was no vacancy. We tried to find another hotel, but couldn't so we were stuck there.

On another note, the room was too small for the furniture. The bureau had five drawers. The top one wouldn't close becuase the weight of the TV made the top bow and prevented to door from shutting (cheap furniture) and the others wouldn't open because they were wedged between the couch and a bedside table.

All in all, a bad stay. This hotel is definitely off my list.

9 Thank Elissa B
Wake Forest, North Carolina
Reviewed 21 July 2012

Stayed here in July based on the other high reviews, but it certainly fell well short of our expectations. Stayed in a queen sized room. Tried to pull out the couch, but the room was so small it wouldn't even extend all the way out, before it hit the queen size bed, which made the pull out useless. The one section we were able to pull out was full of crumbs inside of the vouch making it pretty obvious that the couch nor the sheets had been cleaned in a very long time. There is a grassy area with lounge chairs, but everything there is cheap Christmas Tree shop plastic patio furniture and the place seems to cater to alot of long-term stays, almost all of whom are smokers. No fitness center, no outdoor pool, no flat screen tvs. Overall it was a pretty terrible experience, my wife and I will try somewhere else next time.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lilroy0
We sincerely apologize that you found your visit disappointing. We keep our housekeeping to the highest standards, so we are not sure where you encountered crumbs. The outside patio furniture is comparable to any found at motels in our area. Our website does not advertise that we have an outdoor pool, fitness center or flat screen TV's.
We hope you retur to experience the simplicity and warmth of Parkers River Resort.
Also consider these accommodations in or near South Yarmouth
#3 of 21 in South Yarmouth
The Escape Inn
The Escape Inn
#1 of 21 in South Yarmouth

Been to Parkers River Resort? Share your experiences!