We stopped here for 3 nights for some R and R during the middle of our driving holiday and was pleasantly surprised at just how much I enjoyed it there. You're slap bang on a private beach with sun loungers and if that's not for you, there are more around the heated pool or on the lawn.
Everyone we spoke to was friendly and chatty, the room had lots of space and it was only a short drive to restaurants and shopping. The whole complex was clean and well maintained with staff out in the early hours tidying the place up. Reception has beach towels they can loan you and I even learnt how to play shuffleboard with the equipment they lend out for free!
The only issue we had was with the lock on our door; it wouldn't lock or unlock from time to time. However.... This was no problem for the maintenance man and he replaced the lock right away dropping all his other jobs. Great service all round, and thank you!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Surfcomber on the Ocean is a small, peaceful oceanfront hotel with a private beach on warm Nantucket Sound. Run by the same family for over 55 years, the Surfcomber has 33 rooms, many with fully equipped kitchens, an outdoor heated swimming pool, a shuffleboard court and many comfy chaise lounges. The Surfcomber offers its guests free WiFi and free parking and is centrally located close to many good restaurants and shops. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Surfcomber on the Ocean reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Surfcomber On The Ocean Hotel South Yarmouth
- Surfcomber On The Ocean South Yarmouth, Cape Cod, MA