Yes, the location is phenomenal and right on the beach and the small pool was nicely heated. The rooms are just ok. Clean but fairly dated with the smallest bathroom possible. The beach towel process is insulting--for over $300 per night, please don't make me leave a $5 deposit per beach towel. Private balconies would be nice but we did not have one. Lots of cigarette smokers staying here on the lower levels causes a constant waft of tobacco smoke on the upper levels. And the hotel encourages smoking by leaving ash trays all over the place. The hotel staff was friendly. We stayed last year next door at the Ocean Mist--rooms there are far nicer as is the pool and hot tub. But Surfcomber was more relaxing and less of a "scene". I booked here based on the great TA reviews and feel a bit duped. We'd come back but not sure in the end if it's worth the cost and hassle of having to book so far in advance.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Surfcomber on the Ocean is a small, peaceful oceanfront hotel with a private beach on warm Nantucket Sound. Run by the same family for over 55 years, the Surfcomber has 33 rooms, many with fully equipped kitchens, an outdoor heated swimming pool, a shuffleboard court and many comfy chaise lounges. The Surfcomber offers its guests free WiFi and free parking and is centrally located close to many good restaurants and shops. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Surfcomber on the Ocean reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Surfcomber On The Ocean Hotel South Yarmouth
- Surfcomber On The Ocean South Yarmouth, Cape Cod, MA