“Great!!The Four C's are here: Clean Clean Comfy Cozy”

Beach N Towne Motel
Ranked #17 of 21 Hotels in South Yarmouth
Bristol, Vermont
“Great!!The Four C's are here: Clean Clean Comfy Cozy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2011

Stayed here as a very last minute circumstance when overnighting on the Cape during peak season.
Pleasantly surprised and would return again.
The room I stayed in (two double beds, mini fridge, cable TV) was extremely clean and well kept. Staff was friendly and Very accommodating .
Older style accommodations...but in a cool Retro-Vintage kind of way. The kind where you can picture couples from another era sitting around playing cards and shuffle board while having evening cocktails.
The grounds behind the building were pretty extensive (unusual for a small motel in this day-and-age) and well kept with a grassy park-like setting & picnic area, out-door pool, and shuffleboard.
Would love to come back again with some friends or family to take advantage of the comfortable, laid-back atmosphere & great location. Shuffleboard anyone ?

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RoadTripGypsy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Rockland, Maine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2011

This motel is cute and cozy, I have stayed here last year and it wasn't in tip top shape, this year is different! There is a new manager and they have done minor renervations and continuing to do so as well. They also have dropped their rates fairly low and they say it is due to the economy!! I booked again for the end of the summer, I love it!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank summerluv1
Cincinnati, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2010

It's older, and could be nice if the grounds were taken care of and the rooms were updated, but this is not the case. The rooms are clean, but there is a underlying smell of dampness or mildew. In addition, all the furniture is very old. In our room, wallpaper was peeling. To top it off, the pool wasn't even open....and it was during the 4th of July! We were given some excuse about filter parts being on back order. Very few guests were there during our stay, which is another indicator that this place is past it's prime. Don't waste your money on this one.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank caboyl
Masachusetts
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2010

Upon entering the room I went to the closet to put a few things away and
the light bulb was burnt out . Next I went into the bathroom , in the
toilet bowl was quite a large amount of hair . Now either an employee
had used that room for his/her convenience or the room had not been
cleaned sufficiently after the last guest . I made a quick call from a
local payphone earlier in the day and told my family where I was to be
staying that night . Upon arriving home I was informed by my family that
they attempmted to call but were not allowed to speak with me unless it
was an emergency . I found this to be appalling . I for one will never
stay at this motel again

• Stayed March 2009, travelled solo
3 Thank boston2006_10
Johnston, RI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2009

I have stayed here several times over the last few years and was always welcomed and treated like family by former owners Chris and Jasmine, but now the torch has been passed to Steve, the new owner and manager. My first stay under the new ownership was a great experience. Steve and his staff are always happy to help make your stay an enjoyable one. The hotel still retains its classic setting and the rooms have traditional decor which make you feel like you are staying in the room of a cozy vacation house. The rooms have excellent working air conditioning which can cool your room quickly on a hot day, plus basic cable TV at the time of my stay, but Steve had informed me that the cable TV service would soon be upgraded. Rooms also include a large size desk and chair, a table and lamp with two additional chairs, closet, and bathroom with full size shower. Steve also mentioned that renovations were planned for the hotel in the near future, but it would keep its traditional charm which seperates Beach 'N Towne from many generic hotels where you look at your room and the surroundings and you are constantly reminded that you are staying in a hotel. Check in and check out times are also generous. Coffee is available mornings in the lobby.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled solo
Vaiden, Mississippi
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2009

I don't know where some of these reviewers stayed, but it could not have possibly been this place. It is under new management, but they have had the place for 2 months. That is certainly long enough to check out the bedding. When we first got there the place smelled and the carpet was filthy, but we thought we would stick it out. We went to bed and my husband fell asleep while I read. A few minutes after he fell asleep I looked over at him and he had bed bugs all over him. Needless to say, we left along with 10 of our friends. Fortunately we had no trouble getting our money back. Management says they are planning to remodel. Well, until they do, avoid this place. This is the first time I have been let down by the reviews on this web site and I am very disappointed.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank Parker Holly
boston,MA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2009

I really liked this little motel:) I do have to say that the teenagers were a bit upset when we pulled up and saw the place, they are used to the Disney Resorts & The W 5th Ave, NYC. But, after we got settled in, they were into our retro digs.The motel is super close to the Cape beaches, tons of yummy eating choices, and shopping are all right outside the door. The ice cream shop, 2 doors down... so good! The motel brought me back to my childhood trips down the Cape with my mom, dad & sisters...think late 70's vibe. Our snobby teens loved the ping pong table & on the way home my daughter told me she had not texted, facebooked or called any of her friends during our stay-awwww, it even brought my techno age child back to a simpler time;) For a really cheap weekend getaway- Go, have fun & spend your extra $$$$ on the food & fun the Cape has to offer!!!!!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
Bayside Resort Hotel
Bayside Resort Hotel
#2 of 20 in West Yarmouth
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,197 reviews

Been to Beach N Towne Motel? Share your experiences!