“Clean, reasonably priced family owned motel”

Beach N Towne Motel
Ranked #17 of 21 Hotels in South Yarmouth
Worcester
“Clean, reasonably priced family owned motel”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We were so happy with our stay July 4th weekend! We checked in and were supposed to have 2 beds, but our room only had one - they gladly moved us right away and got the new room ready in an hour despite staff who had called out that day. Our took was fantastic - had 2 chairs outside to have a drink and relax, room was neat and clean and HUGE! Pool was nice too. Could use replacement of the wallpaper and updated TV eventually, but was perfect for what we needed. New ownership was such a pleasure and we can't wait to go back!!!

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank medube89

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Somerville, Massachusetts
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I have just returned from this hotel. Nice surprise rooms all done over. New Beds, Bedding carpet
fresh paint . what a great surprise. Word is they are under new management and turning this place around.Clean and comfortable. Returning next weekend.Staff great and so helpful. You will not be disapointed.

Room Tip: any room is fine this hotel is centrally located to mini golf, ice cream, shopping and many restaura...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Deb L
Princeton, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed 21 September 2013

OK, I hadn't planned on writing a review but this is bugging me. I stayed here many times about 15 years ago with my grandmother. My grandparents stayed here for an entire week each September, and I began taking my grandmother when my grandfather died. It was adorable then, needed updating but everything was always REALLY clean. I came here again 2 years ago with my then 8 year old daughter, and it seemed ok, around the same, although I'd noticed a lot of young people hanging around that were either friends of the manager or family. Not a huge problem in and of itself...

The rooms really have not changed. I see some fresh paint in the bathroom, new bedding etc. which is all great. The price is right and location is great for what we are doing. There's a decent sized mini fridge, the beds are comfy, etc. There are definitely still some pros to this place.

My disappointment lies in the fact that the carpet is soiled and stained (granted it is the end of the season), and the drawers of the old furniture smell horrid inside. I went to put my daughter's clothes in them and it stunk-- I don't know if it's musty or just yucky old wood, but I couldn't bear to put things in. This would be an easy fix with some baking soda or potpourri or something.

There are cobwebs in the bathroom. This is unnecessary. I clean houses for a living and I know it's a pain cleaning for people time and time again, but it doesn't take much to run a swiffer over all corners up and down and do a visual once-over and make sure things are *sparkling*.

Now we get to why I am writing this. We just got back from dinner and I took my daughter out back to check out the pool and rec room. I know it is the third week of September, but if my grandmother could swim in that pool at that time of year, well let's say I was considering it and had brought my suit, if not to swim but to lay out in. The pool was GROSS. It was green and black and looked like it had not been open ALL YEAR. This was not mentioned or disclosed to me when I made the reservation. All the pool furniture is stacked to the side as if for the season. I am so disappointed that we can't go put our feet in and enjoy and afternoon by the pool even if it's too cold to swim.

The rec room is no longer nice. It is a mess. It is dirty, furniture scattered everywhere, and a 6 pack case with an empty bottle on the fireplace. The games are all gone, the cuteness is gone, it looks abandoned and sad. There are some books, but... big deal.

There are seedy looking people hanging around. A guy sitting outside smoking and a bunch of good ol' boys hanging around in baseball hats who look like they belong in a bar. Kind of brings the class of the place down to nothing. Not that it was high class, but it was sweet before.

No money has gone into proper upkeep of this place. I know it's cheap. I know it's reasonable and a great spot. It's quiet. But after this, even given our track record of coming here habitually, I'm going to look into other places.

I've always loved the Beach N Towne, and I hate writing this, and again it isn't awful, but it does have a lower class feel and really, the pool and rec room were such a huge disappointment. Something needs to be posted on their website if these areas are not maintained. You can't advertise something you don't have.

Having said all that, Krystina is quite nice. :)

Room Tip: Numbers nine and ten down the end away from the road noise were always our favorite. I've never...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Kristen B
Bristol, Rhode Island
Reviewed 16 October 2012

This was our first time staying at Beach N Towne Motel and it all started with some calls made to the local motels/hotels. Kristyna was fantastic at giving me all the info I needed to know about staying at the Cape and enjoying the beaches. She insured we had all the info we needed to make the most of a short weekend from local beach locations and good places to eat. We weren't disappointed by either. If you want to visit the Cape and want a place to lay your head while you are enjoying the outdoors during the day, you can't go wrong.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jesse F
Manchester, Connecticut, United States
Reviewed 30 September 2012

We have been going there for the last 7 years and staying in the same Motel. We have noticed all the changes they have made and like it. We go as a big group and have most of the Motel booked with our group every year. Kristyna is great and is very helpful and very pleasant. We are like one big family every year. Paula and Al are great and do a great job there. We will continue to use this motel every year.

Room Tip: Most of the rooms are good but the have two rooms that we know of that are great. Room2 and Room 18...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank KarenA1969
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 25 September 2012

We thought the motel would be better from the reviews. It wasn't bad, it filled our needs but it was just nothing special. Rooms were clean but just bland. TV was pretty bad. Parking right outside our door was very convenient. We wanted to change to another hotel after the first night but we didnt want the hassle of looking since we were on vacation, besides we were out exploring the cape all the days and only went back to the motel when we were ready for bed. Room was a nice size. Krystina was very nice. If you're looking for something luxurious, go somewhere else.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Joe412
Trumbull, CT
Reviewed 23 August 2012

During July, our family (four adult couples & 2 young children) stayed at the B&T for a long weekend. We have been coming here for many years, based on the affordable pricing, and had previously seen the motel gradually go downhill. Kudos to the new manager, Kristyna, who has done a wonderful job turning this place around! Her warm, caring personality and a great deal of hard work have made this motel a wonderful place to stay on the Cape.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family