Over the last 17-years of travelling to Cape Cod for family vacations, with friends and girlfriend has brought me to one overall conclusion...this place is full of over-priced, crappy hotels/motels. It is simply impossible to find anything of real quality in this area of the States...there are no Ritz, there are no Hiltons, Hyatts, InterContinental....nothing of any "normal" quality. But I understand why....every place is packed....why provide service, hire additional staff, clean the property, price rooms reasonably when the hotels are packed anyways...from a business sense there's just no need to do it. So with that in mind, please remember that I am reviewing this hotel by Cape Cod standards....not by any "normal" America standards.
The best way for me to give this review is to provide the good and bad.
Kitchenette with all the utencils
Good bathroom with strong water pressure in the shower.
Easy access to the beach.
Nice lawn area with grills.
Good working A/C in each room
Even the upgraded room looks outdated.
The property needs to be re-painted and fixed.
Pool looked dirty.
You can't check-in before 3pm and have to check out at 11am.
Price with taxes is just outrageous for this level of accomodation.
Noisy if staying on the first floor.
Small TV, non HD
So there you have it....this property is very old and needs a lot of updating but I have to say that it can't be beat for the convenience. The beach access is easy, the lawn is great, and the ability to grill food is just perfect. This ain't the Ritz (although they charge Ritz prices) but after going to the Cape for 17 years I have to say that this place is the best house in a bad neighborhood.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on a secluded stretch of private beach directly on Nantucket Sound offering a vacation distinctly different from most Cape Cod resorts. Sit back and relax at your own pace, basking in the warm Cape Cod sun 'til your heart's content; or stroll along the shore gathering shells at sunset. Stake claim to one of the beach chairs on our extensive lawn or poolside while you catch up on your reading; or if the kids beckon, build castles in the sand or play a challenging game of shuffleboard... without ever moving from your home by the beach.We hope that you enjoy your stay with us. Whether your here for a family vacation, a family reunion or to celebrate the union of two in matrimony, we want to be of service.When the mood strikes, you're just minutes from the many popular activities which dot the landscape in the Mid-Cape area. From museums and history to antique and gift shops... miniature golf to whale watching, you'll set your own pace to enjoy the many activities for all ages and interests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Surf and Sand Beach Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Surf And Sand Beach Hotel South Yarmouth
- Surf And Sand Beach Motel South Yarmouth, Cape Cod, MA