“Fit the bill”

Surf and Sand Beach Motel
Ranked #13 of 21 Hotels in South Yarmouth
Reviewed 2 August 2014

My husband & I went for a quick overnight trip. We enjoyed the hotel right on the beach & liked that there was a kitchen. The lobby needs some updating & the staff was nice. It could use more curb appeal. All in all it was ok.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Shawn H

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Our Room.
1) the beds were so hard that I believe they were box springs not mattresses .
2) the freezer did not work . Turned our ice cream into soup
3) the Wifi did not work in our room or anywhere near our room.
The Motel
1) very poor maintenance . Walkway and stairs littered. Large tear in awning. Half painted areas .
2) the pool that was suppose to be heated was not heated!!!!
3) management did not deal with our complaints about the beds. We were forced to put folded blankets and folded comforter under the fitted sheet to try to make it a little bit better.
4) there are no beach chairs available to take down to the beach.

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Katbeni
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I`m giving this hotel a 3 star rating because of the amount of noise you can here from other rooms. We barely slept, due to the fact that the walls and ceiling are paper thin. You can hear very clearly conversations on either side of us and upstairs. This includes t.v.s and bodily functions. Our room was very clean and I appreciated the kitchenette.
The beach was full of sea weed but the grounds were kept very clean. The pool was crystal clear.
It`s not a place that I would go back to. Disappointing, not much to do there either.
By the way,the picture of the hotel is actually the back,the front looks like a run down factory,not very inviting. I actually thought I had the wrong place.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank beth c
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I will give this hotel 2 stars because it a perfect location right on the beach and the upgraded rooms are very nice with half kitchens, but the women who is the management or owner of this place will make your stay a living hell. My fiance and I visited our parents staying here last year when we were first approached by her screaming we could not visit hotel guests amenities were for paying guests only and we would be towed if we did not move our car. This year we booked our own room for the weekend (the penthouse mind you) and my parents booked their own room and we were treated the SAME way as the women who wrote the review above. Pounding on the door at 9pm accusing us of sneaking guests into the room and being disruptive when we were only enjoying dinner and some laughs on the patio. Ridiculous and unprofessional I will never give this place my business again!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Katie L
Reviewed 14 July 2014

My boyfriend and I have been coming to this motel for 6 years now and we have had a great stay each time. The location, grounds and rooms are excellent as well as the front desk staff. I can't say the same for the owner of the property. She was exceedingly rude to my boyfriend when he was trying to help someone out, had a bad attitude not only with him but other guests on the property. It is for this reason he and I will NEVER stay there again. It's too bad because we both look forward to coming to that motel each summer. We will definitely find another place to stay but the Surf and Sand will not get anymore of our money.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Colleen M
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Great views Upgraded rooms lobby and Common area are being refurnished All new furnishing.I Would recommend this motel highly Front desk staff Robert and Pat were very informative on places to see and restaurants to eat at

Room Tip: second floor balconies have the best views of the manicured grounds and ocean views