Don't stay here if you are not a smoker. We booked here because it was advertised as a smoke free resort. True, you can't smoke in the rooms but you can smoke just about everywhere else. We could not sit on our balcony or even open our windows because the people above and next to us were smoking up a storm. I called the front desk to find out if this was allowed and all they said was the rooms were smoke free and I should "politely" ask the other guests not to smoke on the balcony. What a rip! We decided to go sit down at some tables on the patio and of course within 2 minutes a whole table of smokers joined us. We then went to sit on the lounge chairs overlooking the ocean and once again we were flanked on both sides by smokers. We didn't even try to go to the pool. The only safe place to sit was on the beach with a stiff breeze blowing. We've stayed at many smoke free resorts and none of them allow smoking on balconies!
Another problem was with their housekeeping staff. First they arrive at 8am expecting to get in to clean. The first morning I put a do not disturb sign on the door since we had arrived late and hadn't had a chance to unpack. We ran out to breakfast and when we returned there was a sign saying call us if you want to be cleaned before 2pm. Since we were fine with not getting cleaned that day, we left the sign on the door and went out for a few hours. Upon return, the sign had been removed and our room cleaned. Because we were not yet organized, the housekeepers had to move our stuff around which I found extremely unsettling! Never again for this place!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on 500 feet of private sandy beach on the warm waters of Nantucket Sound, Blue Water is the ideal resort for a family vacation, a romantic getaway, or an extended family gathering. The resort boasts 113 guest rooms and cottages, most with patio or balcony featuring stunning ocean and garden views, including Jacuzzi accommodations. Offering food and beverage services in the dining room and lounge, as well as catering for private parties of up to 75 people. Also, our popular beachside Cabana Bar & Grill serves food and drink favorites during the summer season. In addition to the private beach, resort amenities include indoor and outdoor heated pools, jet ski rentals and banana boat rides, basketball court, putting green, and game arcade. Kids’ Klub, a supervised children’s program is offered during summer season along with a full complement of family activities, including hermit crab races, kite making, sand sculpting contests, swim instruction, Wii tournaments, bonfire nights, fun clowns, magic and pirate adventure weeks, and musical entertainment throughout the summer season on a complimentary basis to resort guests. Open from late April until late October. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Blue Water on the Ocean reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Water On The Ocean Hotel South Yarmouth
- Best Western South Yarmouth
- South Yarmouth Best Western
- Blue Water On The Ocean South Yarmouth, Cape Cod, MA