Just returned from another stay at the Blue Water Resort, part of the Red Jacket Resorts, in South Yarmouth, Massachusetts, following an annual golf outing with a great group of longtime friends. Our resort of choice: The Blue Water. The Blue Water has been our choice for accommodations for the past many years, too many to count, for a variety of reasons.
The Blue Water is situated Mid-Cape so that travel to anywhere on Cape Cod is convenient. From this location, one can take advantage of all the activities the Cape has to offer. Beaching, golfing, biking, water sports, dining, shopping, trips to the islands, whale watches, harbor tours, antiquing, visiting historical and cultural sites, touring the National Seashore etc., are all popular Cape Cod activities. The resort is very close to Rt. 28 which is a main thoroughfare, filled with a multitude of restaurants. The resort is also not far from Hyannis Center and Hyannis Harbor.
The Blue Water is an ocean front resort with its own private beach on Nantucket Sound. The beach is picturesque, and the water is very gentle, with little or no surf, and a very gradual incline along the sandy bottom. It would be an extremely safe beach for families with children. It is a great walking beach as it is about a 25 minute walk from the borders of Bass River and the fishing pier, to Parker’s River which define the beach length. This beach is also good for shelling. Many rooms have balconies that directly overlook the water, sand, and dunes; beautiful to look at any time of the year.
The Blue Water offers a variety of accommodations from standard motel rooms, to efficiency units, suites, and cottages. All units are extremely clean and well cared for. While this is an older resort, it adds to the property’s character, and is beautifully maintained. The grounds are well manicured with pretty lawn areas and attractive plantings. Each type of accommodation has an outside sitting area. Our group particularly enjoys the efficiency units, “Edge of the Sea”, with their balconies that provide an ocean view – they are just steps away from the sand and water. These rooms are extremely comfortable, sleeping three, with a roomy bathroom, fridge, sink, microwave, and coffee maker. There is a pleasant sitting area right outside of these units with grouping of tables and chairs in a lovely lawn area overlooking the ocean. There is some parking available adjacent to these efficiency rooms which makes it very convenient.
The Blue Water has an indoor heated pool, whirlpool spa, sauna, very attractive outdoor pool overlooking the ocean, along with a delightful sun deck facing the ocean. A restaurant, breakfast room, and cocktail lounge with scheduled live entertainment on Saturday night is also on site. During the high season there is added live entertainment. There is also an in-season children’s program.
Service, with real warmth and friendliness, was outstanding from the front desk staff, waiters/waitresses in the restaurant, bartenders in the lounge, clerks in the convenience shop, maintenance workers, etc. Kudos to the management team and staff for making service and customer satisfaction their top priority. Their staff hospitality is appreciated. It is indeed a pleasure to be a guest at this resort.
The Blue Water is open from late April to October. There are some special packages with discount rates available off-season. Cape Cod definitely has appeal year round, and each season has its offerings. Do drop by a Cape Cod Visitor’s Center, in various locations, to find out all the Cape has to offer.
To conclude, through our stays, we have found that the Blue Water certainly has its share of repeat customers. Our group is testimony that outstanding, hospitable service, an inviting atmosphere, and customer satisfaction are very much valued. THANKS BLUE WATER! We are already looking forward to our visit next year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on 500 feet of private sandy beach on the warm waters of Nantucket Sound, Blue Water is the ideal resort for a family vacation, a romantic getaway, or an extended family gathering. The resort boasts 113 guest rooms and cottages, most with patio or balcony featuring stunning ocean and garden views, including Jacuzzi and pet friendly accommodations. Offering food and beverage services in the dining oom and lounge, as well as catering for private parties of up to 75 people. Also, our popular beachside Cabana Bar & Grill serves food and drink favorites during the summer season. In addition to the private beach, resort amenities include indoor and outdoor heated pools, jet ski rentals and banana boat rides, basketball court, putting green, and game arcade. Kids’ Klub, a supervised children’s program is offered during summer season along with a full complement of family activities, including hermit crab races, kite making, sand sculpting contests, swim instruction, Wii tournaments, bonfire nights, fun clowns, magic and pirate adventure weeks, and musical entertainment throughout the summer season on a complimentary basis to resort guests. Open from late April until late October. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Blue Water on the Ocean reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Water On The Ocean Hotel South Yarmouth
- Best Western South Yarmouth
- South Yarmouth Best Western
- Blue Water On The Ocean South Yarmouth, Cape Cod, MA