Our family of 4 has been staying at the South Yarmouth Red Jacket properties every summer for about 10 years. When my kids were young we stayed at the Riviera Beach. Once they were about 10, we started going to the Red Jacket Beach. We most recently stayed at the Blue Water this past weekend for a brief one night stay.Now here are some things to know about the Blue Water:
1. The clientele is largely adults with no kids or adults with older kids (15 and up). There are very few kids under the age of 15 at this hotel.
2. The housekeeping staff is mezza mezza at best. They are very unfriendly and do a average to below average job cleaning the room. Our bathroom sink was not cleaned prior to our arrival nor was our bathroom stocked appropriately with towels.
3. Do not show up early thinking you are going to be able to check in prior to 3PM. You cant. There is NO chance you can do this during the summer. If you do show up early, use the facilities and just be happy you can do that. I am serious. Do not harass the front desk. Now with that being said,the front desk is a worn down beaten down group of individuals who are so tired of dealing with people looking to check in early, check out late, change their rooms etc that you will not see them smile. Nope. Not once. I almost felt bad for these folks but it is their job so maybe service with a smile ?
Folks need to know the Red Jacket resorts aren't Ritz Carlton luxurious type properties. They are $300+ a night type places that offer a clean safe room with nice pools and a nice beach. There are plenty of places to grab a bite to eat. Without a doubt, the Red Jacket properties are the nicest hotels in the Yarmouth area. They offer banana boat rides, jet ski rentals etc.
Its a fun place. The Blue Water attracts more of the drinking crowd. Thus the pool bar is open until 11PM.
Would I stay here again? Yes. The not so friendly staff wont scare me away. Would it be nice if they were more friendly? Sure but they didn't make or break my time here.
One pet peave for this place is their new ridiculous towel card policy. Annoying. You have to check out your towels and return them at the end of the day to get your card back or be charged $25.00 a towel. Ugh. Really ? You cant pay some high school or college kid $10 bucks an hour to walk around and pick up the towels left behind for $300+ a night?
It should be noted all of the red jacket properties recently bought new beach lounge chairs which are quite comfortable so kudos to them for that. I actually found the folks dragging those chairs out for everyone to be some of the nicest staff. Not an easy job and they were very friendly and smiled.
The Blue Water is a good place and I would stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on 500 feet of private sandy beach on the warm waters of Nantucket Sound, Blue Water is the ideal resort for a family vacation, a romantic getaway, or an extended family gathering. The resort boasts 113 guest rooms and cottages, most with patio or balcony featuring stunning ocean and garden views, including Jacuzzi accommodations. Offering food and beverage services in the dining room and lounge, as well as catering for private parties of up to 75 people. Also, our popular beachside Cabana Bar & Grill serves food and drink favorites during the summer season. In addition to the private beach, resort amenities include indoor and outdoor heated pools, jet ski rentals and banana boat rides, basketball court, putting green, and game arcade. Kids’ Klub, a supervised children’s program is offered during summer season along with a full complement of family activities, including hermit crab races, kite making, sand sculpting contests, swim instruction, Wii tournaments, bonfire nights, fun clowns, magic and pirate adventure weeks, and musical entertainment throughout the summer season on a complimentary basis to resort guests. Open from late April until late October. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Blue Water on the Ocean reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Water On The Ocean Hotel South Yarmouth
- Best Western South Yarmouth
- South Yarmouth Best Western
- Blue Water On The Ocean South Yarmouth, Cape Cod, MA