Let's get this part out of the way. Our number one priority for this trip was a dog friendly hotel, which it is. The downside is that it is a dog friendly hotel. Our carpeting had multiple stains that attracted our dog like a magnet -- we promptly notified management and they came in and immediately steam-cleaned the rug to remove stains. Those sort of stains make the room unappealing and should be taken care of before new families take over the room. So much for dog rooms. The property is in a great location and has access to one of the nicest beaches on the Cape. The pools are nice but the tiles could use a scrubbing along the water line which tells me it is only done at the start of the season. Kid friendly pools but teenagers will be disappointed in the size of the pools and probably should just head to the beach. The pools are best for 12 and younger. (in my opinion) The drinks at the hotel are expensive which actually encouraged me to avoid drinking on the property - costly mistake -- not sure whose great idea it is to hike up drink prices in this economy. A beer and Pina Colada cost about $14 (tip not included). BYO is frowned upon but it highly encouraged based on the prices. Something that bugged me. The room towels were cheap and not bleached clean, we always had to ask for extra towels or go find them ourselves. Two large towels for a family room is a joke. Why so cheap on the towels -- how about 3 for 3 people? The property was well landscaped, and the combination of flowers and sea grass says "Cape Cod". The lounge/restaurant on the property was actually in the basement (yes, basement) of one of the buildings, you had to cross through it to get to the indoor pool. It had that sub-first floor basement level heading to the pool kind of smell. The on-property store for incidentals and snacks was very rarely open, I suppose it didn't make sense having someone there being paid to sell bags of chips or snacks. I think it should be located at check-in to give you 24/7 service. Overall, the property location is good, the beach fantastic, the rooms average at best, happy we were able to bring our dog, our 6-year old like the pool, they did have some kid activities but it wasn't as nice as the RedJacket sister property down the street, the parent property. If your'e in a pinch and need to take a dog, I'd say book it. If you aren't bringing a dog, choose another RedJacket property and pay the extra money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on 500 feet of private sandy beach on the warm waters of Nantucket Sound, Blue Water is the ideal resort for a family vacation, a romantic getaway, or an extended family gathering. The resort boasts 113 guest rooms and cottages, most with patio or balcony featuring stunning ocean and garden views. Offering food and beverage services in the dining room and lounge, as well as catering for private parties of up to 75 people. Also, our popular beach side Cabana Bar & Grill serves food and drink favorites during the summer season. In addition to the private beach, resort amenities include indoor and outdoor heated pools,basketball court, putting green, and game arcade. Kids’ Klub, a supervised children’s program is offered during summer season along with a full complement of family activities, bonfire nights, fun clowns, magic and pirate adventure weeks and musical entertainment throughout the summer season on a complimentary basis. Open from late April until late October. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Blue Water on the Ocean reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Water On The Ocean Hotel South Yarmouth
- Best Western South Yarmouth
- South Yarmouth Best Western
- Blue Water On The Ocean South Yarmouth, Cape Cod, MA