I thought from the website that this place was a really nice resort.
Turns out its a roadside motel with resort prices just because it's by the water.
The rooms were decorated in the 70's and smelled like old people.
We booked in under a block booking for a wedding, they gave us a special rate for the wedding. $119 wow isn't that amazing considering the regular room rate is $120.
A whole group of wedding guests were given a $1 discount!!! It was ridiculous and offensive.
The beach was nice, the pool looked nice but we never got to swim in it because it only opened for about 3 hours a day.
The night before the wedding, were kept awake till 3am people partying on our "shared" balcony, which we shared with about 10 other rooms.
The morning after the housekeeping came by and woke us at 8am.
I decided never to go back to that "motel" ever in my life.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on 500 feet of private sandy beach on the warm waters of Nantucket Sound, Blue Water is the ideal resort for a family vacation, a romantic getaway, or an extended family gathering. The resort boasts 113 guest rooms and cottages, most with patio or balcony featuring stunning ocean and garden views, including Jacuzzi and pet friendly accommodations. Offering food and beverage services in the dining oom and lounge, as well as catering for private parties of up to 75 people. Also, our popular beachside Cabana Bar & Grill serves food and drink favorites during the summer season. In addition to the private beach, resort amenities include indoor and outdoor heated pools, jet ski rentals and banana boat rides, basketball court, putting green, and game arcade. Kids’ Klub, a supervised children’s program is offered during summer season along with a full complement of family activities, including hermit crab races, kite making, sand sculpting contests, swim instruction, Wii tournaments, bonfire nights, fun clowns, magic and pirate adventure weeks, and musical entertainment throughout the summer season on a complimentary basis to resort guests. Open from late April until late October. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Booking.com, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Blue Water on the Ocean reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Water On The Ocean Hotel South Yarmouth
- Best Western South Yarmouth
- South Yarmouth Best Western
- Blue Water On The Ocean South Yarmouth, Cape Cod, MA