“Too Noisy, Walls Too Thin...”

Ambassador Inn & Suites
Ranked #11 of 21 Hotels in South Yarmouth
Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

I'm in my room on the first floor right now, and I hear people walking around and the floor creaking above me!
There is a big gap under my room door that leads to the hallway.
There is an outlet beside the desk, however, one of them is 'dead'. So I unplugged the floor lamp in order to plug in my tablet.
The indoor pool and sauna are located in the center of the first floor and has windows surrounding it with a lot of natural light. It is very pretty and roomy! There's a seasonal in-ground pool outside.
My room is very clean and I am anticipating the extended continental breakfast.
This hotel is located on the 'main drag' of this resort town, and the traffic is constant even tho the summer tourist season is ending.
It is a very good price and I like my room. It is roomy, but no closet, just a small rack attached to the wall.
The Ambassador is located in the midst of numerous bars, seafood restaurants, and lots of motels! It is sooo pretty here and
I 'll be on local tours the rest of the week, and I wouldn't mind staying here another time in the future for the price.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank LDIANA P

Reviewed 17 August 2014

My husband and I stayed at this place. We had a great time. We were close to everything. Even though the hotel did not have a restaurant, we were in walking distance of the Riverway restaurant which was next door 3 min walk. Across the street was Bass River Pizza Place..need to check it out...Awesome Coca Cola collection inside displayed. Chinese restaurant, nail and hair place, liquor store and on line to Dennis. 20 minutes to Harwichport going South. Close to all great Cape areas. Great Continental Breakfast every AM at hotel. Ideal place for couples and families and those with wheelchairs. Handicapped accessible. No elevator, has stairs to 2nd floor outside and inside. Room was clean, beds very comfortable. Staff friendly. Pools and hot tub and Sauna clean. We will visit again!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Linda F
Reviewed 10 August 2014

I stayed there with my family for 3 nights. The rooms were fine but a little wet feeling with the a/c. The sheets and towels were clean and the hotel itself was clean. Although they could wipe down the outside tables once in a while. The breakfast was decent, although the girl refilling everything could be nicer and she needs to get off her cell phone and be more hospitable. I think it would set a different atmosphere. Other than that, the staff was nice and my sister left her wallet behind. They actually called us and is shipping it back to us, you don't find that honest everyday!! The pool was the coolest part of the hotel!

Room Tip: First floor rooms are good because there is no elevator! Also they allow pets, so you can request a...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 August 2014

The Ambassador Inn & Suites is a family run operation - we found extra effort by manager and staff. Prices are very competitive. Rule #1 for a Cape Cod summer vacation:Do not go without having an indoor pool available - it rains, the kids are restless when you just arrive, in the evening before dinner, etc. Included is a basic breakfast room that provides $10 per person value, without extra cost, and is fast, convenient, and requires no particular group organization as to meeting in the AM. We booked 6 rooms for 2 and 3 nights. We asked about a conference room where we could meet and were given the "winter" breakfast room/conference room for meals and gatherings. We brought food with us and had some group events there. Proved extremely helpful -- At no added cost - woulds/could a chain do that? Finally, a 3 minute drive to "Smuggler's Beach" with parking available. EXCELLENT.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 August 2014

The place overall looks pretty nice and the pool areas look nice also. Our bathroom was so disgusting filthy I couldn't believe my eyes. The floor looked like something "spilled" and on it around the front of the toilet and was never scrubbed because what ever it was still was in between the tiles. The walls had something blobs black and sticky in several places and the door frame looked like someone had something nasty on their hands and wiped it down the door frame. I took a simple damp makeup remover cloth and gently wiped the door frame and whatever it was came off. It was a matter of simple house keeping but apparently they prefer filth.

Room Tip: Don't do it.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank ShelleyDe2014
Reviewed 30 July 2014

We found this hotel had rooms available on short notice and the price was fairly cheap. The room smelled of cleaning supplies but didn't appear very clean. The bathroom was very small and the floor was very dirty, it could use a good scrubbing. My wife forgot her phone charger and called the next day to see if anyone found it but it was no where to be found. I think I'll loosen the purse strings a little more the next time I stay on the Cape.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank hueymtp
Reviewed 26 July 2014

My room was right across from the pool and it was still quiet even with people using it. My room smelled clean and the bathroom was clean also. I am very hesitant about hotel beds but my sheets were very clean and smelled clean too. Check in and out was so easy and took less then 5 mins. I will definitely use this hotel again on my next trip. Located closer to everything than a thought which was a huge bonus. I never have slept so good in a hotel before.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Bluegreen Vacations The Soundings, Ascend Resort Collection
Holiday Inn Hyannis
Holiday Inn Hyannis
#8 of 22 in Hyannis

Been to Ambassador Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!