“Breathtaking!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Seaside Cottages

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in South Yarmouth
Seaside Cottages
“Breathtaking!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2013

First time here in 1999. Been coming back ever since. Sit on the bluff at 8pm with a glass of wine & watch the sun go down. Look over the ocean with a gentle breeze blowing and you will forget every problem you have. A week here is not cheap but it is worth ever cent if you want to go to one of the nicest places on the Cape. Finally, the beach is "PRIVATE" for Seaside residents only. That means it's never jammed pack & no rude people or screaming kids! If you are looking for a quaint place with an awesome beach & breathtaking views.A place that will restore your soul, look no further!!!! Close to shopping & great golfing & fine dining.

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank SJM4276

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2013

We stayed at the Seaside Cottage (# 26) on the memorial day weekend of 2013 and really enjoyed our stay. Though the weather played spoilsport for the vacation, but the cottage lived up to our expectations. I booked the cottage online and received confirmation in my mail as soon as I made the payment. The office is open till 8 PM; if you are arriving late, you need to inform them in advance so that they can setup everything you need to settle in. I called the front desk and informed them that we would be arriving late. There is plenty of parking next to the office which is right across the road on the other side of the cottages.

The cottage was tastefully decorated and had partial view of the sea. The kitchen had microwave, stove-burner, fridge, utensils, etc. There were a few novels, some books on Cape Cod history and some DVD’s. In the morning, we strolled along the private beach and on the grounds; took lot of photos. Overall, it was a wonderful stay and we would definitely come back to Seaside Cottages in future.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank RohitD2k1
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2013 via mobile

This was our last stop on our honeymoon we loved this place the cabin was great great location great views loved walkin on the beach great place to stay the staff was friendly as well as r neibhors in the next cottage will deff come back when we are in that area again great place!

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank mandi13460
Granville, Massachusetts
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2012

Our stay OCT 2012"; I will first say the good things as I believe in the positives. The view and location were wonderful. I rented a place that was separate from others and Ocean front. It was clean. The cottages while they have a view there are people passing by constantly so unless you want people looking in at you the blinds need to be closed. The living room was nicely decorated and sufficient room. When they say fireplace you need to use the artificial logs and Seaside recommend a brand as an example. The issue is that this is not represented as such, we anticipate a wood fire and I guess we should have clarified this. The chemical smell was so strong I felt ill and this made us close all windows.The TV is extremely small, in fact smaller than our computer screen, I didn't mind this but it bothered my husband. In the bedroom, there is a bed essentially, My husband had a small area to step out of bed, for me, to get out of bed I had to crawl across the bed as there was no room to do otherwise. That was doable, annoying but doable, The kitchenette was a one person area. Directions told.us to put items in the "fridge" slowly because otherwise the motor would give out, that was strange but okay... Our absolute biggest difficulty was the bathroom. There is hardly any room to move and my husband who is broad shouldered but certainly average sized could not fit into the bathroom without his shoulders touching the sides of the two walls. Using the toilet was both inconvenient and almost a game to maneuver. We decided to make the best of our week, we got up at 5:30 and quietly left, we went to various places of interest such as beaches and the canal to fish and walked on the beach in the evening. Sadly, we will not return at least never to "The Jewel #12.. Why did I not complain? Because the cottages I understand are privately owned and so switching never seemed to be an option. When I checked out, the woman at the desk took the key and never asked how was our stay. I saw three different woman and I never saw them long enough to tell them apart. I'm sorry I would have liked to give feedback. I truly like to give positive reviews but I feel there is certain info which would help people make more informative decisions when choosing a cottage. I realize they are all different, this one is in the top price range, I figured it was because of the fireplace which we did use after buying a log at Shaws made of natural material. I very much looked forward to this get away. I have learned to ask direct questions and be well informed because refunds are not given. I wish I had a more positive experience, this is just our opinion and one cottage, I'm sure others are better. Erie

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank econroy82
Litchfield, Ct.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2012

Just returned from another wonderful vacation at seaside cottages. Cannot express enough how relaxing our vacation was. Roseanne,Pablo and the entire Seaside staff made our stay clean and comfortable. The staff always goes out of their way to make sure we have everything we need. We have already booked for next year and cannot wait

• Stayed August 2012
Westfield, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2012

We stayed here at Cottage #7 from June 30 to July 7. It was a very nice, relaxing vacation. Our cottage was really nice. It had a nice homey feel to it and it faced the ocean. We had a full moon period and the views were spectacular at night. My wife and I made friends at the beach. The kids made friends at the beach. We had the beach to ourselves. During 4th of July night, the new-found friends and family got to view the fireworks display from Chatham and Hyannis. We also saw in the distance, the fireworks display from Nantucket.

The only cavaet we had here was that the resort was next to a public beach. The folks at the public beach kept encroaching on the private beach area and there were heated debates between beach goers and resort guests. Resort personnel had to be called in to tell the public beach goers to get off the property. The public beach area was also home to illegal fireworks and we kept hearing them in the middle of the night. Police will come, disperse the perps, and the perps will come back 2 hours later to unload their fireworks. Luckily the sea wind and the fan provided white noise to counter that.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank 1LTFamilyTraveler
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2012

My partner and I booked with Seaside Cottages for June 2-June 4th. We arrived early and they let us check in which was exceptionally nice since we were getting married at 4pm. Originally we'd planned on a beach wedding but the weather had other plans. Roseanne was very accommodating, and let us use the great room for our ceremony with no extra fees. We were able to book the two nights instead of a week because it's not high season yet. But are looking forward to coming back for a week stay. We stayed in cottage #31, the view. It's a perfectly named cottage because the view is fantastic. If your a couple looking to getaway this is the place for you. While we were there we saw other families with children but there is a lot of privacy and you can't hear any ruckus. We can't wait to get back there. And plan to go for years to come. Thank you for making our stay and wedding so wonderful, we will always cherish our memories from our first stay!

• Stayed June 2012
Bayside Resort Hotel
#2 of 20 in West Yarmouth
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,192 reviews
Bluegreen Vacations The Soundings, Ascend Resort Collection

Been to Seaside Cottages? Share your experiences!