I really wanted to love it, it has other good reviews online, and for the price, seemed like a fantastic deal. The location is wonderful, tucked into a quiet neighbourhood with the beach across the street and a pool onsite. But a couple of things really would have made a huge difference overall, and taken this from a 3 star rating to a 5.
1) having a coffee maker in the room. I'm usually up by 6:00 - 6:30 at the latest, and to wait around until 7 am was frustrating. + it just feels like such a basic thing these days, even the cheapest of motels offers a coffee maker.
2) the pool is unheated. It's large and very enticing for sure, but man it was cold - and we were there in July, so imagine how cold it is in September, or May. Not very appealing.
3) still on the pool - it opened at 9 am each day, which if you have children, is not great. 8 am would be better, or even 8:30 - but by 9, we'd already trekked over to the beach out of boredom. And to hear the lady at the front desk complain about how the kids are always driving her crazy asking her to open the pool was frustrating. It was never opened at 9 - they seemed to always run 5- 10 minutes late opening the gate, so yes, the kids are chomping at the bit by 9 to go for a swim, as most have been up for an our and a half or more at that point. Just open it on time... Please.
It just didn't feel like the most child friendly place.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Traveltool, S.L.U. so you can book your Windjammer reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Windjammer South Yarmouth, Cape Cod, MA
- Windjammer Hotel South Yarmouth