“So enjoyed our stay at this resort”

Red Jacket Beach Resort & Spa
Ranked #4 of 21 Hotels in South Yarmouth
Reviewed 7 August 2014

I should start by saying that we won a two day stay at this resort at a travel show. So not only was this a wonderful opportunity to check out this resort but they upgraded our room to a room with an alcove with an additional bed. This offered a private area with a queen bed and two additional queen beds in the main room made for plenty of room for a family of five. Our room on the first floor with two deck areas overlooking the bay was perfect for relaxing and quiet. Having the beautiful beach literally steps away from your lodging was amazing. Chairs, umbrellas and everything you needed for the beach was readily available. In addition there are wonderful indoor and outdoor pools so no matter the weather you are all set. We had one lunch to go we took to the beach from the resort dining room which was good. We did stay mid-June before the full summer schedule but the family activities during the summer seemed wonderful and we look forward to returning to check them out. All in all, a very relaxing stay and a resort I would look forward to visiting again.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Generalmanager501, General Manager at Red Jacket Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Thanks for taking the time to circle back with us......We look forward to have the opportunity to show your family what summer is all about here at Red Jacket Beach...there is so much going on in the way of familyoriented activities that will keep the kids talking about their experiences all year.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Get a river view, cheaper and cooler than an ocean view. We had room 221. Pretty much any second floor odd will be a good choice IF your room has a balcony. The staff are young and from Russia and similar countries. Many speak English. The place stays packed in the high season so book months in advance. The management is East coast friendly, and I do not consider that to be an oxymoron.

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Chuck N

We appreciate your comments regarding your recent visit....we share all these reviews with our staff and our international students always enjoy the recognition as they are all very proud of their skills.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

We spent 2 nights at this resort and it was fabulous! How can you go wrong with the beach right outside your door. It was a relief not having to trek beach chairs and towels. They're all right there for you. My 9 yr old twin boys loved the outdoor pool during the day and before bedtime swimming at the indoor pool and hot tub. There are so many fun activities for kids from a kids club program to roasting marshmallows on the beach. The food was really good too! We enjoyed a Mexican buffet one night that was reasonably priced. We are looking forward to another visit to Red Jacket!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank SamanthaA73

Thanks for taking the time to comment on your recent visit....we are pleased that you were able to enjoy some of the fun stuff....

Reviewed 30 July 2014

Great location next to the water and ton of activities for the kids. Entire family had a great time fishing, swimming (indoor/outdoor) and soaked up the sun at the beach.

The hotel puts out a daily schedule of activities for the week both for kids and adults that was very helpful in planning the day. The entire facility is clean and well maintained. The check in process was easy but would have liked to have some help with the luggage after check in.

Food was ok but we had a car so was able to explore the local dinning options.

Overall we enjoyed our stay and looking forward to visiting again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Generalmanager501, General Manager at Red Jacket Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Thanks for the kind word and we will se you next year and we can talk about the food!

Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 5 nights in July.
Parking is free, but can get very busy, staff is helpful getting to get you a spot. Wifi is free and fast. Bedroom is large, 2 double beds, fridge etc. in the morning you can get free coffee from reception. Indoor and outdoor pool, snack bar at the pool. Laundry present , use quarters. Large beach area. You can also opt to rent cottages if you travel with a larger group. Resort goes quiet after 9 pm. Restaurant on site, serves buffets for $25 per adult. Lots of activities. Resort is probably best for families with younger children, my 2 teenagers were not that impressed with the activities. The word "Butlins" was mentioned.
Saying that the resort is in a great location to explore Cape Cod.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Jan K
Generalmanager501, General Manager at Red Jacket Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts regarding your recent visit to Red Jacket Beach we appreciate the objective review. As you mentioned younger children find satisfaction in the myriad of activities available, including the daily supervised activity programs. Our large private beach and water sport programs do provide an outlet for older children. Thanks again and enjoy your travels!

Reviewed 29 July 2014

Our family of 4 recently stayed 3 nights at the Red Jacket Beach Resort. Though our room was dated, it was clean. The room is in desparate need of a compete update. The beach area was nice with chairs, towels and umbrellas provided. Water was calm and warm for Cape Cod. The pool area was great, though packed with families. It was hard to get a chair, but the kids had a blast in the pools. Good kids activities program. My biggest complaint about this resort was the extreme lack of friendliness from the staff. From the moment we checked in, there was no warm greeting. The concierge was completely unpleasant and almost annoyed when we asked for suggestions of places to go in the area. Upon seeing other staff around the resort, there was no smile or good morning. We have stayed at many beach resorts and have never encountered such an unfriendly staff. I even emailed the general manager about the unfriendly staff and he wasn't even considerate enough to reply. Would hesitate returning since there are so many other choices on Cape Cod.

2  Thank Mjnap14

We responded to an in house survey from this guest a few days before this was posted since we were not aware of any circumstances that led to dissatisfaction with our staff. The following e mail was sent and replied before this review was posted....the response from our guest was un specific...our staff makes every effort to be welcoming and cordial....we apologize if their are ever circumstances that leave any guest feeling as though their needs were not addressed. The guest responded in generic fashion as we are always finding ways to do a better job. We appreciate criticisms that can be utilized as constructive. If we are at fault we would always be looking for a way to make amend.s I only copy this as a presentation of fact that seems to be miss represented in the review. The following was my initial correspondence:
.Subject: Red Jacket Beach
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2014 15:49:52 -0400
I was a bit troubled after reviewing your recent guest survey response…I was unaware of a situation that contributed to your dissatisfaction. Regrettably I do not recall seeing any correspondence relating to your visit as indicated in the survey. If you could forward me a copy I would appreciate it so that we can respond in a manner that would be appropriate.

Sincerely

Tom Moore

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Last week my family and I spent 5 lovely days at this beautiful resort on the beach. From the moment I made the reservation till I turned in our keys the staff did everything imaginable to make sure I was catered to for my every need. When making my reservation I explained that I have a gluten allergy and am Celiac. My biggest concern was if the restaurant at the resort would be able to accomodate my needs. She stated they would have no issues with this and that upon check in to see the chef. Fast forward to last week, upon check in I met Chef John Payne who assured me he and his Sous Chef James would take extra care in preparing my meals. Well, that is an understatement! The first evening we met James and our server Jill and each evening for the next 5 days I was treated the the best gf meals I have ever had at a restaurant. Between the 3 of them and myself I had the best meals and service and never once did I need to worry about getting sick. I can't tell you how much this meant to me and how less stressful of a vacation it was for my family knowing I was going to be able to eat and be ok 20 minutes after digesting it. Thank You Chef John, Chef James and our amazing server Jill who was always looking out for me for the best vacation ever. I look forward to see each of you next July!

Room Tip: We had an upstairs room with a balcony that overlooked the ocean....just perfect!