“Direct Beach Access”

Riviera Beach Resort
Ranked #9 of 21 Hotels in South Yarmouth
Reviewed 23 July 2014

An unplanned trip to this hotel turned out to be not too bad! It is located directly on the beach and they also have a pool great for kids with a shallower end for the younger ones with a umbrella type sprinkler that falls on them when standing underneath. The cool thing my kids loved was that you can swim to the deeper end which I believe was only 4 feet by an access like river while swimming under a little bridge. Cool idea! What I loved was it didn't seem overly chlorinated like other pools we have been to. There are lounge chairs at the pool but fill up quickly. The hotel offers towels for the pool/beach. Great for me less to pack! They also offer chairs for the beach too, those they seemed to have plenty of! We chose the poolside room, good choice in my opinion we had a nice view of the beach and the pool. We had an individual balcony with a few chairs that had a divider between the balconies for the privacy factor loved that! The room was a decent size for two queens beds. It came with a mini fridge which was awesome for drinks. The comfort of the beds could be improved. I definitely wouldn't say they had springs sticking out but they were not pillow top! So a good nights sleep wasn't in my future!! =) Housekeeping was great, because I had a privacy please sign on the door they had left a bag hanging on the door for us filled with an assortment of clean towels and soaps in case we had run out. Thumbs Up for that!

I think my only not so positive thing would be the amount of noise you can hear from neighboring rooms and the kids running around on the balcony that everyone uses to access there rooms. And I had a second floor room. I'm thinking it's because it may be the older style. So beware it's a family resort and they don't necessarily wind down on the earlier side, the older kids I mean. At least when I stayed. In the end we did enjoy ourselves.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
John V, General Manager at Riviera Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Thank you for your recent stay and for the positive review. The entire team here works hard to create memories for each and every guest. Thank you and we hope to see you again real soon!

Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

Spent a week at the Riviera Beach Resort. Great location right on a beautiful beach. You get access and use of two other Red Jacket resorts (one right next door and another about a mile down the beach or road). Nice pools at each (both indoor and outdoor). There are activities for the kids, however the activities were geared to younger kids. My guys are 12 & 13 and didn't participate in much of the organized activities as they seem to be geared to 7-10 year olds. Despite that my boys enjoyed the beach, pools and water sports which were available for a fee such as banana boats, jet skis and parasailing.

Stayed: July 2014
John V, General Manager at Riviera Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Thank you and your family for your recent stay Riviera Beach Resort. We appreciate your feed back and we are adding numerous new items to our activities program for 2015. Thank you and we hope to see you back at any one of our seven Red Jacket Resorts.

Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

Maybe it's the room we had because I heard some of the others are newly renovated but definitely not ours. It was dark, outdated and felt grimy. There were tiny ants all over the floor & rug. Our door opened directly to the parking lot.. so my 2 yr old twins kept trying to open the door and run out. A simple chain lock high on the door would have prevented this. Huge beach right on the ocean but perhaps not good for little kids. Too rough to swim in, sand was whipping around in our faces and mouth. I suppose lots of kids activities at this place but we didn't try them out since we were out and about doing other fun stuff in the area. Outdoor grill at sister resort was gross and way overpriced. I got a grilled chicken sandwich which was more like a piece of rubber slapped on a bun with nothing else. This place is called a 'resort' but not quite sure why. Now I know why they describe the rooms as 'charming'. I guess that should have been a sign. I complained to the front desk and all she said was to contact the manager the next day. Definitely will not return

• Stayed: July 2014
8  Thank sailaway74

Sorry for your stay during the tropical depression that passed through. Even an ocean front resort experience and all it has to offer can not control the weather. We hope you will return when conditions are more favorable. Thank you!

Reviewed 1 July 2014

My husband and I stayed for our 25th anniversary weekend and enjoyed our stay. The indoor pool and spa were very nice although there are children and maybe not enough jets.
The outdoor pool was great for kids .
The location , right on the beach is what made our stay great! They had plenty of chairs and umbrellas if you got them early and on Saturday they had a girl bringing drinks out to the beach!!
The rooms themselves were dated and our shower wouldn't close...although the rooms were clean and the tv was hd compatible which was great!.

We will stay again!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Charlene410
John V, General Manager at Riviera Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Thank you for your recent stay and for all the nice things you had say in your review. We all work very hard to create fabulous memories for each and every guest who chooses to stay at any Red Jacket Resort. Come back and see us again real soon!

Reviewed 26 June 2014

There are several Red Jacket Resorts on Cape Cod. We stayed three days at the Rivera Beach Resort in a handicapped room. The room was immaculate and appeared that it was newly decorated with blue walls and lovely shears, drapes, and bedspread. The handicapped bathroom had lots of bars to hold on to when using the toilet as well as the bathtub. The bathtub was a normal size so one still had to lift their legs over the side which could cause a problem for a real handicapped person.
Our room was the furthest from the breakfast room but the resort provided a young fella to come for my husband with a golf cart if we called the office. To get into the breakfast room there was a ramp.This resort appears to have been around for a long time.
The breakfast was the same for the three days we were there. Scrambled eggs, bacon, sweet rolls, and fruit salad. With OJ or Cranberry juice. I asked for tomato juice and received my request. After the third breakfast my husband thought that we could have asked for pancakes since there was syrup on the table. We were on a bus trip and time was limited.
The staff was there to please and had cheery hellos.
We tried the indoor pool and large jacuzzi. Very well maintained. There was a large out door pool.
The staff did forget to pick up our luggage on the day of departure. We appreciated the trip leader discovering the miss.

Room Tip: Our handicapped room was overlooking the outdoor pool. We were on the end of the furthest building f...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank romakoc
John V, General Manager at Riviera Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Thank you for your recent stay and your kind remarks regarding your experience at Riviera Beach Resort. We certainly welcome you back to any one of our seven Red Jacket Resorts!

Reviewed 25 June 2014

We own a small motel in New Hampshire and seldom get away. We stayed at the Riviera Beach Resort for 2 nights overlooking the pool and the ocean. The room was very clean with plenty of amenities and the staff was extremely helpful. The maintenance guys, Phil & Joe, went out of their way to assist us with a small personal problem which they did not have to do. The pool is extraordinary especially for young children and the beach sand is really clean. The grounds are well manicured with green grass and flowers everywhere.

The general manager, John, had a wealth of knowledge that he didn't mind sharing with us. Seeing John interacting with guests and staff throughout the day made this large resort seem small and personable.

It was a wonderful short retreat and we would highly recommend this resort.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank CindySteveP

Thank you so much for staying with us and for writing such an outstanding review of your experience with our Resort! We hope to see you back again real soon!

Reviewed 25 June 2014

I spent three nights here in mid-June 2014. The rooms are no-frills but are large, clean and comfortable. This property is well-maintained with beautiful gardens, a nice pool area and awesome private beach. Alex at the front desk was so friendly and helpful with great suggestions on how to spend our time. I had a minor billing dispute but when I contacted the general manager, I got a very quick reply and resolution in my favor. I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Jennifer J

Thank you for your recent stay and the nice review you posted. Our team works very hard to create awesome memories of Cape Cod and Red Jacket Resorts. Hope to see you back soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near South Yarmouth
#2 of 20 in West Yarmouth
All Seasons Resort
All Seasons Resort
#10 of 21 in South Yarmouth

Been to Riviera Beach Resort? Share your experiences!