“We love it here!!”

Riviera Beach Resort
Ranked #9 of 21 Hotels in South Yarmouth
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

We stay at this Red Jacket at least once a year. This was the first time I did not get a pool view because I was trying to save a couple of dollars - don't make this mistake pay the extra money. The room only had one small window and a very musty smell. I went to the desk and was immediately given a huge upgrade and a room with a slider. I was able to leave the slider open and never had another problem.
I just want to say thank you for recognizing that this was a problem and being so willing to make it right for me!! We will definitely be back and we will be sure to make the correct room choice next time!!!

Stayed: August 2014
John V, General Manager at Riviera Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Thank you so much for recent stay and for taking time to send us a review. We appreciate your continued support and we certainly hope to see you back again real soon!

Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

Ease of check in was a breeze. Staff everywhere we encountered was excellent. We booked this specific hotel because of the kiddie spray pool for my swimming fish of a 6 year old and my just starting to like the water almost 4y/o. Perfect place, we couldn't get them out of the pool. We were literally the only ones the first night. Lol we went up the block to the red jacket for "Mexican night" not worth the way overpriced okay buffet. It was 100. For 2adults and 2kids. Not worth it! We also toasted marshmallows on the beach, bring your coats it's chilly at night on the cape!
Next day we were away from resort all day than 3rd day we decided to try the kids club. Boy what a home run!! It is well run by two college kids and they were sweet with my children, they do sandbuilding, arts n crafts, by the pool, mini golf, design a tee shirt. The kids loved it, I felt guilty dropping them off but they enjoyed their time and hubby and I got to relax on the beach-peacefully and rode jet skis. I tipped them as a babysitter should.
Enjoyed ourselves so much here at "the Riv" as they call it here! My only gripe is when we checked into our room there was a strong smell of urine, I left the cleaning lady a note to clean the bathroom as it smelled, however the urine smell never went away our whole trip so needless to say that stunk (pun intended) ;-)
otherwise my family and I loved our stay at Cape Cod at The Riv!!!

Stayed: August 2014

Thank you so much for your recent stay and your review of our staff and Resort. The goal for us is to create lasting memories and provide a clean and comfortable atmosphere. The resort has many things to offer and we listen carefully to each and every guest comment. Thank you and we have addressed your guest room as you pointed out! Hope to see you back again real soon!

Reviewed 28 July 2014

My love and I took a two week North East road trip with a 5 and 7 year old from St. Louis, MO. I found this hotel online through Trip advisor and am so glad I did! What a great resort for families! We stayed 3 nights over a weekend in July 2014 and it was perfect. I only wish we had had more time here.

I wanted to book a room with an oceanfront view, but after visiting the resort, I'm glad I didn't spend that extra money. All the rooms are great. Almost all the rooms have an ocean view, even though they are not ocean front. We got so lucky and stayed in a room facing the ocean and the pool. We had a walk out main level/ deck/balcony that faced the pool fence door. It was the perfect location in my opinion. When you look at the pictures on line, you might shy away from the pool view if you want quiet, but we did not find it to be a problem at all.

The beach was beautiful here in Cape Cod. We did run into some cooler, somewhat rainy weather during our stay, but we didn't care, because there was so much to do here. The kids went to free kids club one day and they had a blast; playing games on the beach with other kids and swimming and then arts and crafts.
When you stay at a Red Jacket Resort, you get to use the facilities at all the resorts and one of them is right next door, The Blue Water Resort. Between the two resorts, they have two outdoor pools, two indoor pools and 2 large hot tubs, lots of restaurants, a volleyball court, towel service with chairs, food and drink service right on the beach etc. We ate lunch at the Pavillion at Blue Water one day, and had the Best Lobster Roll at the most affordable price on our whole two week road trip, (and I ate all the Lobster I could, since I live in the mid-west). It was so delicious my mouth is watering just thinking about it!

They also have a lot of activities, like a beach party and family contests and live music, (nothing fancy but fun local musicians).

In addition, we ran into the GM, John Verity while we were looking for our kid's at kids club, and he was just a wonderful host; introduced himself and was very interested in our experience at his resort. After that, we saw him everywhere walking the resort with his walkie talkie making sure the resort was outstanding. There was an army of employees everywhere we turned, cleaning, working and smiling. Even our housekeeper in our room was a wonderful lady with such a warm smile.

Outside of the resort itself, it is in a prime location, with tons of restaurants, min-golf, boating etc. things to do in Yarmouth. The waves were minimal, so if you have small children, this is a good area of Cape Cod to stay.

We even took a day and drove to the tip at Provincetown, and spent the day at the National Seashore of Coast Guard Beach which was well worth it, but definitely colder. They say August is best for this part of the Cape.

As for Resort improvements, keep in mind, this is not a 5 star resort, but it is certainly perfect, clean and filled with great things to do. Our room was large and had a small walk out balcony. The only thing I would say they could improve, is upgrading the double beds in this room to queen size, (since I sleep with a bed hog), and they do have heavy glass doors on the shower, that just seem unnecessary but certainly not a hindrance to staying there.

I would highly recommend this place to families and in fact we met quite a few that have been coming here for years. We loved it!

Room Tip: Don't spend the extra money on Ocean Front; all the rooms are in great locations!
1  Thank Kathleen M

It was our pleasure to have you visit us and take in all the Resort and Cape Cod has to offer. We cherish each and every guest and hopefully we created a lasting memory for you and your family. Your feedback is also important and we use the information to improve what we have to offer and how we operate the property. Hope to see you back again in the future!

Reviewed 24 July 2014

We recently spent a week at the Red Jacket Riviera. We had a totally blast at this resort. Yes, the rooms are a tad bit dated but seriously, who is staying in the rooms all day? I travel quite a bit and have high standards when it comes to hotel rooms and we were very comfortable. The grounds are just beautiful. The pool was perfect for our daughter. It goes up to 4 feet, has a giant spraying mushroom. The beach was stunning as well.

Few things to keep in mind:

We stayed in an ocean view room that was directly across from the pool. Perfect spot – I think even better than the official ocean front rooms. We woke up the 1st morning and there were bunnies out in the grass – literally just off the deck. My kid was thrilled.

The staff sets up the beach chairs and umbrellas for you. What a treat! You just tell them how many of each, where you want it and done. Excellent customer service - they also bring them back for you.

Our credit card was overcharged by accident and the staff went way over and above to make things right. They gave us free breakfast for the week. I am glad they did because although the breakfast on property is very tasty and convenient – it is WAY overpriced. $5.oo for a side of bacon, really?

The AC in the room was on some sort of energy efficient mode and there was no way to just keep it on. I get it, but in the dog days of summer, I want to control the temp in my room especially considering what I’m paying for it. We asked about it and were told to check the thermostat, but we didnt have a thermostat in the room.

There are tons of activities for the little’s. This place really caters to kids and families. We plan to come back again and enjoy all that the resort has to offer.

1  Thank NHmama23

We agree the Riviera Beach Resort and the Blue Water are wonderful ocean front vacation spots for all ages. Thank you for visiting and we certatnly hope you return real soon.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

An unplanned trip to this hotel turned out to be not too bad! It is located directly on the beach and they also have a pool great for kids with a shallower end for the younger ones with a umbrella type sprinkler that falls on them when standing underneath. The cool thing my kids loved was that you can swim to the deeper end which I believe was only 4 feet by an access like river while swimming under a little bridge. Cool idea! What I loved was it didn't seem overly chlorinated like other pools we have been to. There are lounge chairs at the pool but fill up quickly. The hotel offers towels for the pool/beach. Great for me less to pack! They also offer chairs for the beach too, those they seemed to have plenty of! We chose the poolside room, good choice in my opinion we had a nice view of the beach and the pool. We had an individual balcony with a few chairs that had a divider between the balconies for the privacy factor loved that! The room was a decent size for two queens beds. It came with a mini fridge which was awesome for drinks. The comfort of the beds could be improved. I definitely wouldn't say they had springs sticking out but they were not pillow top! So a good nights sleep wasn't in my future!! =) Housekeeping was great, because I had a privacy please sign on the door they had left a bag hanging on the door for us filled with an assortment of clean towels and soaps in case we had run out. Thumbs Up for that!

I think my only not so positive thing would be the amount of noise you can hear from neighboring rooms and the kids running around on the balcony that everyone uses to access there rooms. And I had a second floor room. I'm thinking it's because it may be the older style. So beware it's a family resort and they don't necessarily wind down on the earlier side, the older kids I mean. At least when I stayed. In the end we did enjoy ourselves.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your recent stay and for the positive review. The entire team here works hard to create memories for each and every guest. Thank you and we hope to see you again real soon!

Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

Spent a week at the Riviera Beach Resort. Great location right on a beautiful beach. You get access and use of two other Red Jacket resorts (one right next door and another about a mile down the beach or road). Nice pools at each (both indoor and outdoor). There are activities for the kids, however the activities were geared to younger kids. My guys are 12 & 13 and didn't participate in much of the organized activities as they seem to be geared to 7-10 year olds. Despite that my boys enjoyed the beach, pools and water sports which were available for a fee such as banana boats, jet skis and parasailing.

Stayed: July 2014
John V, General Manager at Riviera Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Thank you and your family for your recent stay Riviera Beach Resort. We appreciate your feed back and we are adding numerous new items to our activities program for 2015. Thank you and we hope to see you back at any one of our seven Red Jacket Resorts.

Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

Maybe it's the room we had because I heard some of the others are newly renovated but definitely not ours. It was dark, outdated and felt grimy. There were tiny ants all over the floor & rug. Our door opened directly to the parking lot.. so my 2 yr old twins kept trying to open the door and run out. A simple chain lock high on the door would have prevented this. Huge beach right on the ocean but perhaps not good for little kids. Too rough to swim in, sand was whipping around in our faces and mouth. I suppose lots of kids activities at this place but we didn't try them out since we were out and about doing other fun stuff in the area. Outdoor grill at sister resort was gross and way overpriced. I got a grilled chicken sandwich which was more like a piece of rubber slapped on a bun with nothing else. This place is called a 'resort' but not quite sure why. Now I know why they describe the rooms as 'charming'. I guess that should have been a sign. I complained to the front desk and all she said was to contact the manager the next day. Definitely will not return

• Stayed: July 2014
8  Thank sailaway74

Sorry for your stay during the tropical depression that passed through. Even an ocean front resort experience and all it has to offer can not control the weather. We hope you will return when conditions are more favorable. Thank you!

Also consider these accommodations in or near South Yarmouth
#2 of 20 in West Yarmouth
All Seasons Resort
All Seasons Resort
#10 of 21 in South Yarmouth

Been to Riviera Beach Resort? Share your experiences!