“Great vacation”

Ranked #10 of 21 Hotels in South Yarmouth
MA
“Great vacation”
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

Great resort in the perfect location. Had a room facing the pool and ocean. Beach was clean and water was warm. Lots of chairs and umbrellas. Lots of activities for the kids. You can also use the resort amenities at the resort right next door(blue water) and the red jacket a mile down the road.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank mommytwotwins
John V, General Manager at Riviera Beach Resort, responded to this review, 23 August 2014
The entire staff is very happy that you enjoyed your vacation while here at Blue Water-Riviera Beach Resort. it is our goal to exceed each and every guests expectation and to create a lasting fond memory! Thank you so much!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Burlington, Massachusetts
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We have stayed at this resort multiple times over a 20-year period but never again! Black mold on the shower ceiling from a leak in the room above, Toilets overflowed twice this visit; this seems to be a constant problem over the years that never get resolved. The efficiently units that are oceanfront have a small kitchenette but are poorly equipped. These rooms cost over $400 per night, better to spend your money elsewhere on the Cape. The location and beach are the only positive amenities.

3 Thank Steve7071
The entire team apologizes for your recent stay and we do hope you will return and enjoy all we have to offer! Thank you!
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 4 August 2014

My family recently stayed at the Riviera Beach Resort for the seventh time. As usual the grounds are immaculate and the staff friendly and courteous. My children who are 12 and 6 love this resort, every year we usually go to "the cape" and another vacation usually an all inclusive in Mexico or Jamaica and every year my children consistently talk about how their favorite vacation is the Riviera Beach Resort!

Some people have complained in their reviews that the resort can be noisy at night. When you go to a family friendly place you have to realize children are running a around having a good time. After 9:30 at night the only thing you will usually hear is the waves. I would like to suggest some sort of cook out on the beach one night I think it would be a great event for all.

I would be remiss if I didn't mention the Manager John Verity. He is constantly running around making sure everything is in place and the guests are taken care of. He makes sure my family is happy and goes out of his way to do so. My Big Blue Dodge Family are very appreciative!

1 Thank EPM3
John V, General Manager at Riviera Beach Resort, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
It is our pleasure to have your family staying here at Riviera Beach and we truly appreciate your continued loyalty and kind words. Please come back again and we will do our very best to make it just as special next year! Thank you once again from all of us here on Cape Cod!
Lynn, Massachusetts
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Reasons we loved this resort; location, the private white sand beach, outdoor pool, and indoor pool/jacuzzi

The white sandy beach makes you feel you are in a tropical island as long as you don't go in the beach which was a bit too cold for us.

The outdoor pool is one of the best in the area, we liked this pool better than the pool at Red Jacket Beach Resort down the street which guests are allow to visit.

Indoor pool & jacuzzi was a big plus, we had a rainy day in mid July!!! but still enjoyed the day at the indoor pool

My wife had a birthday massage at The Otis Cole Day Spa in Red Jacket Beach Resort and said that was the best massage she ever had, i had to stay with the kids so i missed out on that :-)

TIP: You are allowed to have guests at this resort which makes for a nice day trip for friends or family; you can also bring alcohol as long that is not in glass bottles so i had a cooler with my favorite beer which is not sold anywhere in Cape Cod

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Thank you so much for staying with us and we are so glad you enjoyed the numerous things we offer here on Cape Cod! It would be our pleasure to have you return to any one of our seven Red Jacket Resorts!
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

We stay at this Red Jacket at least once a year. This was the first time I did not get a pool view because I was trying to save a couple of dollars - don't make this mistake pay the extra money. The room only had one small window and a very musty smell. I went to the desk and was immediately given a huge upgrade and a room with a slider. I was able to leave the slider open and never had another problem.
I just want to say thank you for recognizing that this was a problem and being so willing to make it right for me!! We will definitely be back and we will be sure to make the correct room choice next time!!!

Stayed August 2014
Thank you so much for recent stay and for taking time to send us a review. We appreciate your continued support and we certainly hope to see you back again real soon!
Amityville, New York
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

Ease of check in was a breeze. Staff everywhere we encountered was excellent. We booked this specific hotel because of the kiddie spray pool for my swimming fish of a 6 year old and my just starting to like the water almost 4y/o. Perfect place, we couldn't get them out of the pool. We were literally the only ones the first night. Lol we went up the block to the red jacket for "Mexican night" not worth the way overpriced okay buffet. It was 100. For 2adults and 2kids. Not worth it! We also toasted marshmallows on the beach, bring your coats it's chilly at night on the cape!
Next day we were away from resort all day than 3rd day we decided to try the kids club. Boy what a home run!! It is well run by two college kids and they were sweet with my children, they do sandbuilding, arts n crafts, by the pool, mini golf, design a tee shirt. The kids loved it, I felt guilty dropping them off but they enjoyed their time and hubby and I got to relax on the beach-peacefully and rode jet skis. I tipped them as a babysitter should.
Enjoyed ourselves so much here at "the Riv" as they call it here! My only gripe is when we checked into our room there was a strong smell of urine, I left the cleaning lady a note to clean the bathroom as it smelled, however the urine smell never went away our whole trip so needless to say that stunk (pun intended) ;-)
otherwise my family and I loved our stay at Cape Cod at The Riv!!!

Stayed August 2014
Thank you so much for your recent stay and your review of our staff and Resort. The goal for us is to create lasting memories and provide a clean and comfortable atmosphere. The resort has many things to offer and we listen carefully to each and every guest comment. Thank you and we have addressed your guest room as you pointed out! Hope to see you back again real soon!
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 28 July 2014

My love and I took a two week North East road trip with a 5 and 7 year old from St. Louis, MO. I found this hotel online through Trip advisor and am so glad I did! What a great resort for families! We stayed 3 nights over a weekend in July 2014 and it was perfect. I only wish we had had more time here.

I wanted to book a room with an oceanfront view, but after visiting the resort, I'm glad I didn't spend that extra money. All the rooms are great. Almost all the rooms have an ocean view, even though they are not ocean front. We got so lucky and stayed in a room facing the ocean and the pool. We had a walk out main level/ deck/balcony that faced the pool fence door. It was the perfect location in my opinion. When you look at the pictures on line, you might shy away from the pool view if you want quiet, but we did not find it to be a problem at all.

The beach was beautiful here in Cape Cod. We did run into some cooler, somewhat rainy weather during our stay, but we didn't care, because there was so much to do here. The kids went to free kids club one day and they had a blast; playing games on the beach with other kids and swimming and then arts and crafts.
When you stay at a Red Jacket Resort, you get to use the facilities at all the resorts and one of them is right next door, The Blue Water Resort. Between the two resorts, they have two outdoor pools, two indoor pools and 2 large hot tubs, lots of restaurants, a volleyball court, towel service with chairs, food and drink service right on the beach etc. We ate lunch at the Pavillion at Blue Water one day, and had the Best Lobster Roll at the most affordable price on our whole two week road trip, (and I ate all the Lobster I could, since I live in the mid-west). It was so delicious my mouth is watering just thinking about it!

They also have a lot of activities, like a beach party and family contests and live music, (nothing fancy but fun local musicians).

In addition, we ran into the GM, John Verity while we were looking for our kid's at kids club, and he was just a wonderful host; introduced himself and was very interested in our experience at his resort. After that, we saw him everywhere walking the resort with his walkie talkie making sure the resort was outstanding. There was an army of employees everywhere we turned, cleaning, working and smiling. Even our housekeeper in our room was a wonderful lady with such a warm smile.

Outside of the resort itself, it is in a prime location, with tons of restaurants, min-golf, boating etc. things to do in Yarmouth. The waves were minimal, so if you have small children, this is a good area of Cape Cod to stay.

We even took a day and drove to the tip at Provincetown, and spent the day at the National Seashore of Coast Guard Beach which was well worth it, but definitely colder. They say August is best for this part of the Cape.

As for Resort improvements, keep in mind, this is not a 5 star resort, but it is certainly perfect, clean and filled with great things to do. Our room was large and had a small walk out balcony. The only thing I would say they could improve, is upgrading the double beds in this room to queen size, (since I sleep with a bed hog), and they do have heavy glass doors on the shower, that just seem unnecessary but certainly not a hindrance to staying there.

I would highly recommend this place to families and in fact we met quite a few that have been coming here for years. We loved it!

Room Tip: Don't spend the extra money on Ocean Front; all the rooms are in great locations!