“Great week on the beach!”

Riviera Beach Resort
Ranked #9 of 21 Hotels in South Yarmouth
Reviewed 8 August 2014

My wife and I have stayed at the Red Jacket on the Cape five times, four at the Riviera Beach Resort, because the private beach there is just perfect to enjoy the summer sun in a chair under an umbrella each day. The room is clean and the balcony is a great place to sit and enjoy viewing the ocean, pool and grounds that are kept in great shape by a very friendly staff Managed by John Verity who is always there each day working to make your vacation all you expect.

1  Thank John B
John V, General Manager at Riviera Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2014

It is very nice to hear how great your latest vacation was here at Blue Water-Riviera Beach! Please remember us in the future when you plan your next vacation trip! Thank you so much!

Reviewed 6 August 2014

Great resort in the perfect location. Had a room facing the pool and ocean. Beach was clean and water was warm. Lots of chairs and umbrellas. Lots of activities for the kids. You can also use the resort amenities at the resort right next door(blue water) and the red jacket a mile down the road.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank mommytwotwins

The entire staff is very happy that you enjoyed your vacation while here at Blue Water-Riviera Beach Resort. it is our goal to exceed each and every guests expectation and to create a lasting fond memory! Thank you so much!

Reviewed 6 August 2014

We have stayed at this resort multiple times over a 20-year period but never again! Black mold on the shower ceiling from a leak in the room above, Toilets overflowed twice this visit; this seems to be a constant problem over the years that never get resolved. The efficiently units that are oceanfront have a small kitchenette but are poorly equipped. These rooms cost over $400 per night, better to spend your money elsewhere on the Cape. The location and beach are the only positive amenities.

3  Thank Steve7071

The entire team apologizes for your recent stay and we do hope you will return and enjoy all we have to offer! Thank you!

Reviewed 4 August 2014

My family recently stayed at the Riviera Beach Resort for the seventh time. As usual the grounds are immaculate and the staff friendly and courteous. My children who are 12 and 6 love this resort, every year we usually go to "the cape" and another vacation usually an all inclusive in Mexico or Jamaica and every year my children consistently talk about how their favorite vacation is the Riviera Beach Resort!

Some people have complained in their reviews that the resort can be noisy at night. When you go to a family friendly place you have to realize children are running a around having a good time. After 9:30 at night the only thing you will usually hear is the waves. I would like to suggest some sort of cook out on the beach one night I think it would be a great event for all.

I would be remiss if I didn't mention the Manager John Verity. He is constantly running around making sure everything is in place and the guests are taken care of. He makes sure my family is happy and goes out of his way to do so. My Big Blue Dodge Family are very appreciative!

1  Thank EPM3
John V, General Manager at Riviera Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

It is our pleasure to have your family staying here at Riviera Beach and we truly appreciate your continued loyalty and kind words. Please come back again and we will do our very best to make it just as special next year! Thank you once again from all of us here on Cape Cod!

Reviewed 3 August 2014

Reasons we loved this resort; location, the private white sand beach, outdoor pool, and indoor pool/jacuzzi

The white sandy beach makes you feel you are in a tropical island as long as you don't go in the beach which was a bit too cold for us.

The outdoor pool is one of the best in the area, we liked this pool better than the pool at Red Jacket Beach Resort down the street which guests are allow to visit.

Indoor pool & jacuzzi was a big plus, we had a rainy day in mid July!!! but still enjoyed the day at the indoor pool

My wife had a birthday massage at The Otis Cole Day Spa in Red Jacket Beach Resort and said that was the best massage she ever had, i had to stay with the kids so i missed out on that :-)

TIP: You are allowed to have guests at this resort which makes for a nice day trip for friends or family; you can also bring alcohol as long that is not in glass bottles so i had a cooler with my favorite beer which is not sold anywhere in Cape Cod

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you so much for staying with us and we are so glad you enjoyed the numerous things we offer here on Cape Cod! It would be our pleasure to have you return to any one of our seven Red Jacket Resorts!

Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

We stay at this Red Jacket at least once a year. This was the first time I did not get a pool view because I was trying to save a couple of dollars - don't make this mistake pay the extra money. The room only had one small window and a very musty smell. I went to the desk and was immediately given a huge upgrade and a room with a slider. I was able to leave the slider open and never had another problem.
I just want to say thank you for recognizing that this was a problem and being so willing to make it right for me!! We will definitely be back and we will be sure to make the correct room choice next time!!!

Stayed: August 2014

Thank you so much for recent stay and for taking time to send us a review. We appreciate your continued support and we certainly hope to see you back again real soon!

Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

Ease of check in was a breeze. Staff everywhere we encountered was excellent. We booked this specific hotel because of the kiddie spray pool for my swimming fish of a 6 year old and my just starting to like the water almost 4y/o. Perfect place, we couldn't get them out of the pool. We were literally the only ones the first night. Lol we went up the block to the red jacket for "Mexican night" not worth the way overpriced okay buffet. It was 100. For 2adults and 2kids. Not worth it! We also toasted marshmallows on the beach, bring your coats it's chilly at night on the cape!
Next day we were away from resort all day than 3rd day we decided to try the kids club. Boy what a home run!! It is well run by two college kids and they were sweet with my children, they do sandbuilding, arts n crafts, by the pool, mini golf, design a tee shirt. The kids loved it, I felt guilty dropping them off but they enjoyed their time and hubby and I got to relax on the beach-peacefully and rode jet skis. I tipped them as a babysitter should.
Enjoyed ourselves so much here at "the Riv" as they call it here! My only gripe is when we checked into our room there was a strong smell of urine, I left the cleaning lady a note to clean the bathroom as it smelled, however the urine smell never went away our whole trip so needless to say that stunk (pun intended) ;-)
otherwise my family and I loved our stay at Cape Cod at The Riv!!!

Stayed: August 2014

Thank you so much for your recent stay and your review of our staff and Resort. The goal for us is to create lasting memories and provide a clean and comfortable atmosphere. The resort has many things to offer and we listen carefully to each and every guest comment. Thank you and we have addressed your guest room as you pointed out! Hope to see you back again real soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near South Yarmouth
#3 of 21 in South Yarmouth
All Seasons Resort
All Seasons Resort
#10 of 21 in South Yarmouth

Been to Riviera Beach Resort? Share your experiences!