“Excellent Service from the Front Desk!”

Red Roof Inn Boston - Southborough/Worcester
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Southborough
San Diego
“Excellent Service from the Front Desk!”
Reviewed 20 August 2013

My stay at the Red Roof Inn was booked last minute and I had stayed for 3 evenings. The staff here are very accomodating and work very hard at provided excellent customer service because that's the kind of people that they are naturally. A big thank you to Nelson Deleon and Jaly Torres for making my stay as comfortable as it could be. Hope to see you guys again!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Hilary E, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Boston - Southborough/Worcester, responded to this review, 4 September 2013
Hello and thank you so much for the excellent review of our property. You are correct, my staff is customer service driven and want all of our guests to feel at home and comfortable, this is not something I taught them - it comes naturally! Thank you again for the kind words I will be sure to share your comments with Nelson and Jaleexa. We apprecaite you taking the time to share your thoughts.

Hilary Easter

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Maineles
Reviewed 6 August 2013

The rooms are spotless, sheets freshly laundered, bathrooms didn't have a speck of mildew. Microwave, fridge, safe. The nightstands have extra plugs-ins right there for charging up to 4 items. The grounds are beautiful. The check in was easy and friendly. The floors are extremely nice - they took out carpet and replaced with area rugs. No musty smell here at all. My husband come to Westborough frequently for business meetings and he has found a place to stay that is reasonably priced and up to his white glove standards. Just keep in mind this is not a 4 or 5 star full service marble lobby chandalier embelished hotel (*aka Four Seasons). Couldn't be happier with our stay here after a 18 hour trip from Jamaica. Beds are comfy too.

Room Tip: If you need quiet because you don't run the a/c unit at night ask for a room in the back or up o...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Maineles
Hilary E, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Boston - Southborough/Worcester, responded to this review, 8 August 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your stay with us. I am so happy to hear you had a great stay. My staff works so hard to ensure our guests are comfortable during their time here. We are an economy hotel however I do feel we offer 5 star service and clean, comfortable rooms.

thank you again very much, I will share this review with the entire staff!

Danvers, MA
Reviewed 1 August 2013

Ever show up at an almost fully bookd hotel late in the afternoon, after a lousy 10 hour drive with no reservation? The last thing you need is an extended check in and a room you're not crazy about. I've stayed a the Red Roof Southborough before and as always, I was treated like family. Gisella, greeted me with a smile by name and despite no reservation and a fairly full register, checked me in within five minutes to the room type, and location on the property which she knew without me asking. For the price, location and quality/cleanliness of the rooms - you just can't do better. Pet friendly and a noon checkout time..... why stay anywhere else in the area

Room Tip: back side of the rear buliding is very quiet
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Hilary E, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Boston - Southborough/Worcester, responded to this review, 6 August 2013
Thank you so much for your great review of our property! Gisela has been here a long time and really takes the time to get to know our guests and what they need. I am so happy that she was able to accommodate you and get you a room quickly. It is really great when my staff see the positive comments from our guests. They all work so hard, I appreciate you taking the time to write about your experience here.

thank you very much!
Hilary E
Rochester, NY
Reviewed 1 August 2013

My GF and I were on our way from western New York State to Bar Harbor, Maine and we needed an overnight spot to sleep. We didn't want to get too far from I495 so I had scoped out motels along our route. Several choices came up around the Westborough, Southborough area and the Red Roof was the cheapest. I've stayed at a Red Roof once or twice before and I assumed I knew what to expect.

As it turned out the Red Roof was within a mile of the Interstate, so that was good. Our checkin was good and speedy. Our room was on the ground floor like I had wanted and it was in the back of the motel away from the street, which was not expected but appreciated none the less.

The room was clean, the bed was comfortable and all the amenities were there as well. What was unexpected was that it was a room to accommodate handicap people. Nothing to complain about really but it was awkward at times. In the bathroom there was no countertop to the sink. You had to put your toiletries on the floor or on the toilet seat. The towel rack for the bath towels was clear across the room next to the toilet and no where near the bathtub. I'm talking a distance of about twelve feet. You had better know this before getting in the shower. If your old like me and go to the bathroom frequently during the night you have to be prepared in this room when you throw the lightswitch to the bathroom on at night. The lights which are many all come on and extremely bright. My eyes never got use to the brightness and I had a devil of a time getting back to the bed.

All in all the room was good. The kingsize bed was very comfortable, the room was quiet, but oh that bathroom. We reasoned that if upon our return we ended up staying here again we would definitely ask not to be placed in a Handicap facility even if it meant staying on the second floor.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Alain L
Thankk you very much for writing about your recent stay with us. I am glad you were comfortable in our newly renovated room, with new bedding. We try to accommodate all location requests and I am glad we were able to get you on the 1st floor like you requested, it is not always easy to accommodate everyone. Our handicapped rooms are set up differently than our non ADA rooms, and therefore do have a much larger bathroom area. Next time you are in the area and need a room just let us know of your requests and we will do our very best to honor it.

We are very centrally located at the junctions of Routes 9; 90 and 495 so it makes it easy to get on/off the highway.

Thank you again we appreciate your kind words and I will be sure to share this with the entire staff.

Hilary E
Reviewed 28 July 2013

Stayed here for one night checking in around 8pm and leaving the next morning around 8am and needed a place that would take a dog. The room was okay...not the cleanest by any means and for a new renovation, there were a lot of things that were not renovated (new flooring and bed designs are a bit of lipstick on a pig compared to some of the other stuff). For example, the bathtub had seen better days and looked like "skid marks" by the drain - I brought flip flops so I just wore those for my shower - kind of like being back in college! Corners/edges had dirt/debris/bugs, there were black bug like things around the center table between the beds and on the headboard (checked the mattresses for bed bugs so ruled that out), etc. The smoke detector was hanging from the ceiling so I looked through a three inch hole in the ceiling (and wondered if I was protected!), there was a dead bug smushed on the wall just behind the tv and a banana sticker on the back of the remote control. Positively, I traveled with my own package of lyson wipes so I did wipe these items down a bit. That said, for the price, ability to keep a dog with me at no cost, etc., this no frills room was in an okay location, easy access on/off the highway and did the trick. I wouldn't recommend it for those looking for a family vacation stay, but for the on-the-go traveler, those looking for a night or two stay with a pet or for those just passing by and needing a quick place to sleep and shower, it's not bad. There was a nice spot for the dog to do her business and they did provide a pet disposal bag dispenser and trash area which was a nice touch.

Room Tip: I requested a first floor room on the back/yard side - this was very helpful especially with a pet a...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank pancan1
Hilary E, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Boston - Southborough/Worcester, responded to this review, 31 July 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay. We did just complete a full renovation that replaced all of the soft goods as well as new paint and flooring. We are working on getting the tubs refinished as that is one of the last things that needs to be done. I will check who was responsible for your cleaning your room and make sure that the issues are corrected.

Waltham, Massachusetts
Reviewed 27 July 2013

I have been staying at this hotel for years and it is great and by far the best value around. They recently updated everything again and the rooms look amazing. They have hard wood floors and are completely smoke free which is a huge plus. There are also large televisions which are great.

The staff is very friendly and helpful. Gisela has been there as long as I have been staying and she is by far the best! This past stay, I had had some confusion with my redicard points and Gisela and Jenna were able to get everything straightened out for me so that I could get the 3 free nights I had earned right away. It was great as usual!!

Maria and Angelica are fabulous in laundry. The linens are always impeccably clean and all of the housekeeping staff is very good at keeping the rooms in great condition. The current manager Hilary is also great and will help with anything you need. All of the staff is very kind and will print directions for you and help you with just about anything you may need. I would highly recommend this establishment.

Room Tip: The Superior Kings are great because the rooms are very large and include a microwave and refrigerat...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Thank you so much for writing such a wonderful review of our property. It is so nice when someone notices the small things my staff do every day to ensure our guests are comfortable and feel at home. Gisela, Maria, Jenna and Angelica have all worked here for a long time and take pride in what they do, and it is nice when that is noticed. I am very lucky to have a great staff!

thank very much I will be sure to share this with everyone.
Reviewed 21 July 2013 via mobile

Seriously folks, four (4) dots as an average? The room I had was a "deluxe" double that smelled of smoke. Smoke free my a..! There were no amenities and no breakfast. I won't be staying here again and wouldn't recommend it to anyone. More suitable as an hourly motel. I did not feel safe leaving anything in the room. Even with the safe.

Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Lewis O
Hilary E, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Boston - Southborough/Worcester, responded to this review, 23 July 2013
Hello,
I first want to thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. I am very sorry that you were not happy during your stay. We are an economy hotel, therefore we do not have a lot of amenities but we do offer a great value and are very competitive in this market. We just went through a full renovation of all of our rooms and we are 100% non smoking; however there are people that do not follow the rules, if anyone does smoke in our new rooms there is a $200.00 service charge. This is very frustrating for me as well as my staff since we did just complete our renovation and our rooms are brand new. I am very sorry you were not comfortable during your stay. My staff work very hard to provide clean rooms and friendly service, and I am sorry that was not the case during your stay. Thank you again for taking the time to write about your time here, I will share your comments with my staff as we use all guest feedback as a learning opportunity and to improve our product and service.
Hilary Easter
Also consider these accommodations in or near Southborough
Red Roof Inn Boston Framingham
Doubletree Hotel Boston/Westborough
Westborough Inn
Westborough Inn
#3 of 9 in Westborough
Extended Stay America - Boston - Westborough - Computer Dr.
Hampton Inn Boston - Westborough
Extended Stay America - Boston - Westborough - East Main Street

Been to Red Roof Inn Boston - Southborough/Worcester? Share your experiences!