“Great stay over for the price.”

Red Roof Inn Boston - Southborough/Worcester
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Southborough
Lumberton
“Great stay over for the price.”
Reviewed 26 September 2013

If you are in need of an inexpensive hotel for a business or layover, this is great. Place was just recently refurbished. made all non smoking. Mattresses firm and comfy. We had a room in the second building in the back, away from the highway and it was very quiet.. About 40-60 mins to Boston, 45 mins. to Providence. No breakfast, but for the money you save, go out. There is a brand new Cumberland farms in front to grab a quick coffee and bagel. Movie theater about 5 mins, and West borough, 6 miles, a cute little town, has lots of places to eat. Only complaint was that room still had a cigarrette smell (sheets, pillows, mattress all smelled clean). Would stay again if in the area..

Room Tip: Ask for 2nd building away from road.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Hilary E, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Boston - Southborough/Worcester, responded to this review, 30 September 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us. I will be sure to share this with the entire staff. I am so happy you enjoyed our recent renovation, we are 100% non smoking and newly renovated with new bedding. I am sorry your room had an odor of smoke, we enforce our non-smoking police very strictly and will charge any guests who do smoke in the room a cleaning fee. I will be sure to have the houskeeping staff deep clean that room. Again I and the entire staff appreciate your kind words and we look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in the area.

Hilary Easter

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Reviewed 20 September 2013

I have been staying at this red roof and its always clean and beds are comfortable.I enjoy the amenities and staff is always willing to make the effort to make my stay enjoyable. Location is good too....next to 495 and 290.

• Stayed September 2013
Hilary E, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Boston - Southborough/Worcester, responded to this review, 24 September 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review of our property. The staff works so hard to make sure that every guest feels at home and comfortable and it is so nice when they are recognized for all the hard work. Thank you very much. I will share this review with all of them.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 9 September 2013

We arrived and were met with great customer service. Easy check-in which was great after a 16+ hour road trip from Chicago. Every seemed to be going great; nice and quiet location, etc. I wish that level of service would have continued. We walk into the room and I immediately see the smoke detector hanging from the ceiling. I reported it and nothing was done during our whole trip. We would come back to the room at night and the carpet wasn't even vacuumed. There had been powder donut powder that remained on the carpet for 4 days without being touched. It wasn't even in an obscure place either,. It was right in front of the desk.

The worst part of the trip was my last night. I go to swipe my room card and it didn't work. I tried for 5 minutes to get the door opened. I drive over to the front desk lobby, it's locked and no attendant. It wasn't even late that night (around 10pm). I waited a good 10-15 minutes before the desk clerk came up front. I knocked on the door to get her attention. She was very rude and never apologized for the inconvenience I experienced. Nothing like going sightseeing, coming back to the hotel and not being able to get into your room. I know computer glitches happen but the whole incident was made even worse by a rude employee. I could overlook the cleanliness of the hotel but getting locked out of my room on my final night was the last straw. I will definitely book in another hotel next time.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank BlueLawDog
Hilary E, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Boston - Southborough/Worcester, responded to this review, 10 September 2013
I first wan to thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us. I am very sorry for the troubles you had during your stay. I would very much like to talk to you about your stay in detail and see if we can resolve this issue for you. I would like to welcome you back next time you are in the area, I can assure you that we normally have excellent feedback regarding our service and housekeeping and I am very sorry that was not the case during your stay.

Please contact me at the hotel at your earliest conveinence,

Clifton Park, New York
Reviewed 7 September 2013

We just had a nice stay at this Red Roof Inn. Very nice price, clean room and convenient to Boston. The only slight downside was access from I-495 in the dark for a first time stay. You have to make a U-turn on Route 9, but now that we are familiar with the location this will not be an issue on future stays, and there will be more stays at this location.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for the great review of our property. I understand the frustration with Rt 9 and know that it can be challenging. I am happy that once you were on site and in your room we were able to accommodate you and make you feel at home and comfortable. Thank you again for your kind words, we look forward to you visiting us again next time you are in the Southborough area.

Mirabel, Qc
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Again, we really enjoyed our 2nd stay at this Red Roof.
We came back because we have been really satisfied the first time (last April).
We chose it especially because it was pet friendly (with no additional charge).
Rooms were recently renovated. Very nice for a very affordable motel.
Staff was very nice at check-in and chek-out.
Rooms clean and confortable. Very big lawn to walk and/or let the dog play.
Location very good to visit Boston and Rhode Island.
We would return here (even without our dog) because we found it a very decent motel for the price.
Tip: Worth paying the small extra $ for the king bedroom with fridge and microwave if traveling on a budget and wishing to save on restaurants.
I recommend.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Hilary E, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Boston - Southborough/Worcester, responded to this review, 4 September 2013
Thank you for your great review of our hotel. I am so happy to hear you picked Red Roof Inn Southborough for a second time. We just completed our renovation in May and the staff and I love the new rooms. We are so happy you enjoyed the new rooms as well. Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your recent experience, I know you have many choices when it comes to lodging, thank you for choosing us!

Rome, New York
Reviewed 2 September 2013

This hotel was pet-friendly so it was wonderful to be able to bring our dog. There was a huge, grassy walking area. Non-smoking rooms but a great gazebo for smokers. Rooms were a good size, both the room with the King bed and the rooms with doubles. Alot of space to get ready, hot showers, clean rooms and friendly staff!

Room Tip: If you have pets choose the rooms on the courtyard side so you can walk out into the dog-walking are...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay with us. We love that we have the large yard for our guests with pets, is is a great area for them to play. We have just completed the renovation and we are 100% non smoking but do provide a great area for our guests who do smoke. Thank you again for writing about your recent stay and we hope to see you soon, when your travels bring you to Southborough.

San Diego
Reviewed 20 August 2013

My stay at the Red Roof Inn was booked last minute and I had stayed for 3 evenings. The staff here are very accomodating and work very hard at provided excellent customer service because that's the kind of people that they are naturally. A big thank you to Nelson Deleon and Jaly Torres for making my stay as comfortable as it could be. Hope to see you guys again!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Hello and thank you so much for the excellent review of our property. You are correct, my staff is customer service driven and want all of our guests to feel at home and comfortable, this is not something I taught them - it comes naturally! Thank you again for the kind words I will be sure to share your comments with Nelson and Jaleexa. We apprecaite you taking the time to share your thoughts.

Hilary Easter
Also consider these accommodations in or near Southborough
Doubletree Hotel Boston/Westborough
Red Roof Inn Boston Framingham
Hampton Inn Boston - Westborough
Extended Stay America - Boston - Westborough - Computer Dr.
Residence Inn Boston Westborough
Westborough Inn
Westborough Inn
#3 of 9 in Westborough

Been to Red Roof Inn Boston - Southborough/Worcester? Share your experiences!