“NEW AND CLEAN!”

Red Roof Inn Boston - Southborough/Worcester
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Southborough
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Nelson, at the front desk was very helpful. We reserved our room through the 1-800 number and apparently they gave us a room not provided for on the coupon we used. Since we had the reservation Nelson gave us what we paid for and reserved because it was a mistake made by Red Roof and not us. Normally, I would say the coffee bar would be a downer but in this instance, we were able to fill our thermos and take it back to our room and have fresh coffee all night. Nelson made a fresh pot for us halfway through the evening, and didn't make us feel like we were doing something wrong by drinking a lot of coffee. Within an hour of check-in, Nelson also called our room to ensure we were pleased and asked if we had any concerns. That's unheard of these days!

First Red Roof I've been in this last year that the wifi actually worked!

These rooms are brand new and it shows! Very clean, very nice layout, spacious, eye-pleasing. The wood floors definitely make you feel more comfortable walking on them without shoes.
The toilet didn't flush correctly, and the following morning when I went to the front desk I was informed that it's normal and happens a lot. All in all, I really want a toilet that flushes properly, but this room and experience was a win no matter what!

Room Tip: Take a thermos and fill it for coffee in your room!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Hilary E, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Boston - Southborough/Worcester, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time she share your experience! We appreciate it very much and I will be sure to let Nelson know the wonderful comments. He has worked here for many years and really takes pride in making sure our guests are happy and comfortable.

Thank you again, I and the entire staff appreciate it very much.

Reviewed 28 September 2013

We had a nice four-day stay at this location. It is central to many businesses, and also the interstate. This particular Red Roof Inn has been remodeled to their new look, and we really enjoyed it. It was clean, aired-out, and spacious. The beds were comfortable and clean. Though there is no continental breakfast served, there are many delicious and affordable establishments nearby. We were served at the front desk by several different staff members--all very helpful. If we ever find ourselves in the area again, we will return!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Hilary E, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Boston - Southborough/Worcester, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay. We apprecaite your kind words and everone here works very had to provide you with excellent customer service and comfortable, clean rooms. I hope that next time you are in the area we can welcome you back to The Red Roof Inn Southborough.

Reviewed 28 September 2013

Rented 2 rooms for 4 days so we needed something fairly inexpensive in this general area. These were standard rooms, king size beds, small baths, and TVs. Room was clean, neat, and did not have any odors. Room was made up everyday, and towels were exchanged everyday. Wi-Fi worked. Staff was friendly and made suggestions on places to eat for breakfast. This is a good place when looking for a place to sleep.

Room Tip: Rooms in the 1st building facing Rt 9 are more noisy than the rest. Also a convenience store is a sh...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. My staff works very hard to ensure our guest feel at home and comfortable when they are here, I am glad you enjoyed your stay. I hope that next time you find yourself needed lodging in the Southborough area you will come back.

Reviewed 26 September 2013

If you are in need of an inexpensive hotel for a business or layover, this is great. Place was just recently refurbished. made all non smoking. Mattresses firm and comfy. We had a room in the second building in the back, away from the highway and it was very quiet.. About 40-60 mins to Boston, 45 mins. to Providence. No breakfast, but for the money you save, go out. There is a brand new Cumberland farms in front to grab a quick coffee and bagel. Movie theater about 5 mins, and West borough, 6 miles, a cute little town, has lots of places to eat. Only complaint was that room still had a cigarrette smell (sheets, pillows, mattress all smelled clean). Would stay again if in the area..

Room Tip: Ask for 2nd building away from road.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us. I will be sure to share this with the entire staff. I am so happy you enjoyed our recent renovation, we are 100% non smoking and newly renovated with new bedding. I am sorry your room had an odor of smoke, we enforce our non-smoking police very strictly and will charge any guests who do smoke in the room a cleaning fee. I will be sure to have the houskeeping staff deep clean that room. Again I and the entire staff appreciate your kind words and we look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 20 September 2013

I have been staying at this red roof and its always clean and beds are comfortable.I enjoy the amenities and staff is always willing to make the effort to make my stay enjoyable. Location is good too....next to 495 and 290.

• Stayed: September 2013
Hilary E, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Boston - Southborough/Worcester, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review of our property. The staff works so hard to make sure that every guest feels at home and comfortable and it is so nice when they are recognized for all the hard work. Thank you very much. I will share this review with all of them.

Reviewed 9 September 2013

We arrived and were met with great customer service. Easy check-in which was great after a 16+ hour road trip from Chicago. Every seemed to be going great; nice and quiet location, etc. I wish that level of service would have continued. We walk into the room and I immediately see the smoke detector hanging from the ceiling. I reported it and nothing was done during our whole trip. We would come back to the room at night and the carpet wasn't even vacuumed. There had been powder donut powder that remained on the carpet for 4 days without being touched. It wasn't even in an obscure place either,. It was right in front of the desk.

The worst part of the trip was my last night. I go to swipe my room card and it didn't work. I tried for 5 minutes to get the door opened. I drive over to the front desk lobby, it's locked and no attendant. It wasn't even late that night (around 10pm). I waited a good 10-15 minutes before the desk clerk came up front. I knocked on the door to get her attention. She was very rude and never apologized for the inconvenience I experienced. Nothing like going sightseeing, coming back to the hotel and not being able to get into your room. I know computer glitches happen but the whole incident was made even worse by a rude employee. I could overlook the cleanliness of the hotel but getting locked out of my room on my final night was the last straw. I will definitely book in another hotel next time.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank BlueLawDog
Hilary E, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Boston - Southborough/Worcester, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2013

I first wan to thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us. I am very sorry for the troubles you had during your stay. I would very much like to talk to you about your stay in detail and see if we can resolve this issue for you. I would like to welcome you back next time you are in the area, I can assure you that we normally have excellent feedback regarding our service and housekeeping and I am very sorry that was not the case during your stay.

Please contact me at the hotel at your earliest conveinence,

Reviewed 7 September 2013

We just had a nice stay at this Red Roof Inn. Very nice price, clean room and convenient to Boston. The only slight downside was access from I-495 in the dark for a first time stay. You have to make a U-turn on Route 9, but now that we are familiar with the location this will not be an issue on future stays, and there will be more stays at this location.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for the great review of our property. I understand the frustration with Rt 9 and know that it can be challenging. I am happy that once you were on site and in your room we were able to accommodate you and make you feel at home and comfortable. Thank you again for your kind words, we look forward to you visiting us again next time you are in the Southborough area.

Hilary Easter

Also consider these accommodations in or near Southborough
Westborough Inn
Westborough Inn
#3 of 9 in Westborough
Red Roof PLUS Boston Framingham
Doubletree Hotel Boston/Westborough
Hampton Inn Boston - Westborough
Extended Stay America - Boston - Westborough - Computer Dr.
Sheraton Framingham Hotel & Conference Center

Been to Red Roof Inn Boston - Southborough/Worcester? Share your experiences!