“It's value for price.”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Southborough
Oria, Italy
“It's value for price.”
Reviewed 9 January 2014

This hotel has nice location, it is quiet but in the middle of nothing, if you don't come by car. It's near the Turnpike so if you a car you can reach what you want. People at the reception are very nice. Unfortunately, there is no breakfast room, and there is no hairdryer in the rooms (you have to ask for it at the reception). Anyway. My room smelled of curry... and it was quite clean, indeed. If you come here, don't expect what you see in the picture, but it's absolutely honest and you get what you pay for: a modest room but, again, I'm not talking bad, I've been in worst places spending much more money. I reccomend it if you have to stay two or three nights. Being european, I missed the bidet, but it's not an hotel fault.
Come here if you don't want to spend a lot of money and have a honest room with an educated reception service.

Room Tip: If you want to have a good breakfast, go to Harry's restaurant (it's not far from there if y...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Hilary E, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Boston - Southborough/Worcester, responded to this review, 23 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am sorry that you felt that the pictures on line are not a true description of our property. We have upgraded our room in the past year and the pictures are new. I am very sorry that we did not exceed your expectations, as my staff work hard to make sure our guests are comfortable and feel at home. I hope that if you are ever in the area again you would consider Red Roof Inn Southborough.

Hilary Easter

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Fairfield, Ohio
Reviewed 2 January 2014

My husband and I stayed for 3 nights arriving our first night late and did get a great price for the stay. It was about a 30 minute drive from my daughter's house, but was thinking for the price I got, it was worth it. I had read most of the reviews before staying here and when we arrived, I was thinking this place is nice like they said. That night, I noticed that the top sheet had some stains. When we woke up that first morning, I went to make coffee in the room and found out that someone had emptied a coffee filter in where the water goes and ended up having to go to the lobby for coffee. I reported it and it was fixed by the time we got back to the room that evening. When we arrived back that evening, the coffee machine was fixed and the bed was made and the towels were restocked, but soap and shampoo were not. The noise from other rooms carries, so not very sound proof. By the time we went to bed that last night there, I noticed that the same sheets were still on the bed and I had spilled some coffee grounds on the floor that morning and the pile of grounds were still on the floor and still no soap and shampoo. I was disappointed also to the fact that the listing of food places in the area were not updated on their website, so really had to drive out of the way just to eat breakfast every morning since Interstate 495 doesn't really have much for stops along it. We will not be staying here again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank DDePeel2013
Hilary E, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Boston - Southborough/Worcester, responded to this review, 5 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am very sorry that we did not exceed your expectations. Regarding the changing of the sheets daily, we do have a Go Green program that is designed to conserve water and electricity - with that program we do not change the sheets daily, however it can be arranged more frequently if requested by the guest. I am very sorry that was not explained to you. I did hear about the coffee maker and I am very sorry, I thought that was taken care of, many people do not know that there are instructions in the top cover of the coffee maker and it does state to put the coffee pod in, and not break it open. Again I am very sorry. I did check on line and on our Website the only restaurant that has changed was Friendly's I will fix that right away. All of the other restaurants are still open and with in a few miles. Our front desk staff can always point you in the right direction for a great meal close by. Again I thank you for your feedback, we use all our guests comments as a way to improve our service and I will share this with everyone.

Willingboro, New Jersey
Reviewed 22 November 2013

If you are staying in the Worcester/Shrewsbury, Massachusetts area I highly recommend a wonderful, inexpensive hotel, the Red Roof Inn on Rt 9 West. The price is under $80 per night. The deluxe room contains refrigerator, microwave and free WI-FI. If you shop early online you can get a less pricey room for under $60. The location is very close to the I-495 exits and not too far from Rt 290. The staff is great and will meet your every need. I ran out of razor blades to shave and they had them up front free. There's a nice cup of coffee, water and fruit waiting for you when you enter and every morning you stay. The rooms are very clean and the bed is great. You cannot beat the price for what you get at this Red Roof Inn. If you wanted you could live in this room for a weekend be comfortable Ask for manager Gisele and tell em Reg B. sent ya!!!!

Room Tip: There are restaurants all around Rt 9 and a couple of exits up are more. There is a gas station loca...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Hilary E, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Boston - Southborough/Worcester, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
Thank you so much for the great review of our property. Gisela has been here a long time and knows how to make our guests feel at home and comfortable. The entire staff appreciates when a guest takes the time to tell others about what a great job they do. Thank you very much, I will be sure to share this with everyone, and we look forward to your next visit with us.

Reviewed 19 November 2013

The staff is very helpful. Owen was knowledgeable about the area and very eager to assist. I always stay here when I come to MA. The room was very clean and modern. I feel safe in the neighborhood plus there is a gas station near by to get snacks. A great place to stay overall

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Ladykate0601
Hilary E, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Boston - Southborough/Worcester, responded to this review, 22 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay here. The staff work very hard to ensure our guests feel comfortable and at home, I am so glad to hear that Owen was helpful. They really do all take great pride in their work and it shows. I am very lucky to have such a wonderful staff.

Ithaca, New York
Reviewed 15 November 2013

My wife and I have been traveling to the Boston area this last year visiting our son at college. I almost hate to give away our little secret, but this is the best place we've found to stay for under $80. It is recently renovated so it is well-appointed, modern, and clean. The staff is friendly and professional, and they are proud of their status on TripAdvisor. Best of all, there's a $200 fine for smoking so the rooms just smell clean: no chemical smells, no stale tobacco smell, etc. I think they do allow pets, but I never noticed pet smells or dander and this is important since I have severe allergies. So, I'd have to say the do a good job cleaning!

It's a half hour into the City from Southborough but there's plenty of places to eat nearby and it is near the I495-I90 interchange.

We recommend for anyone seeking a comfortable, convenient and affordable night's rest.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Hilary E, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Boston - Southborough/Worcester, responded to this review, 16 November 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to review our property on Trip Advisor. I really do feel very privileged to work with the staff I have here. They do take customer service and cleanliness very seriously and always want our guests to feel at home and comfortable. We know you have many choices when it comes to lodging and appreciate your loyalty to Red Roof Inn Southborough. We look forward to welcoming you back next time you are here to visit your son.

Thank you again!
Sherman, Connecticut
Reviewed 5 November 2013

The motel was re-done and the rooms are clean and beds comfortable.

For the price it is fine. But as a single woman I prefer to stay in a place where my door does not open to the outside and I don;t have to carry my bag up a flight of stairs.

If you are looking for budget accommodations, this place is great! The front dek staff is pleasant, but I will not be returning.

Room Tip: Ask for first floor so you don't have to carry bags up the stairs.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Elly B
Hilary E, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Boston - Southborough/Worcester, responded to this review, 15 November 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us. The staff and I love to hear about our guests stay. They work hard to be sure our guests are comfortable and feel at home. I am sorry you were assigned a room on the 2nd floor, we can always try to accommodate 1st floor requests if there are rooms available. I understand your concern with exterior corridors, some people prefer them and others do not. I would love to have you come back if you are ever in the area and need clean, inexpensive lodging. Thank you again for your comments we appreciate it very much.

Hilary
Gladwyne, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 31 October 2013

We needed to find a place to stay overnight when driving to Maine with our Jack Russell terrier. We had stayed at the Red Roof in Woburn, off Rt 95 previously but the rates were very high this time so we decided to try the Southborough location just off Rt 495. It was right off the highway, very clean and comfortable. The bathroom was small but adequate. No breakfast is provided but there is coffee and tea 24 hours a day in the lobby. The grounds are very spacious and meticulously maintained and well lit at night for those traveling with a dog. We will definitely stay here again if the rates continue to be low. Instead of driving 10 hours straight to Maine from Philly, we split our drive leaving after work and driving 5 hours to Southborough, not hitting any traffic for the entire trip (even at the George Washington Bridge). It saved us lots of time!

Room Tip: We chose the least expensive room and it was fine for an overnight stay.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Hilary E, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Boston - Southborough/Worcester, responded to this review, 2 November 2013
Thank you so much for writing a review of our property! I am so glad you enjoyed your stay. We like to make sure that our guests feel at home, and that their pets are comfortable too!

Again thank you very much for your kind words I will share your comments with the entire staff.

Hilary
Also consider these accommodations in or near Southborough
Red Roof Inn Boston Framingham
Westborough Inn
Westborough Inn
#3 of 9 in Westborough
Doubletree Hotel Boston/Westborough
Extended Stay America - Boston - Westborough - Computer Dr.
Hampton Inn Boston - Westborough
Sheraton Framingham Hotel & Conference Center

Been to Red Roof Inn Boston - Southborough/Worcester? Share your experiences!