“Surprisingly Nice in a Weird Location”

Southbridge Hotel And Conference Center
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Southbridge
GreenLeadersBronze level
atlantic beach, NY
“Surprisingly Nice in a Weird Location”
Reviewed 12 May 2013

we had to be in the southbridge area due to a funeral - there aren't a lot of choices besides creepy chain hotels off the highway and a few country inns - but the inns were booked up so i found this hotel online. it's in a weird area but the hotel was shockingly nice - clean, huge, quiet, and seems pretty new. so don't hesitate to stay there if you find yourself in this neck of massachusetts and/or connecticut!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank mrsez

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Kenosha, Wisconsin
Reviewed 23 January 2013

Stayed here 1 night during a recent trip. Beautiful setting...extremely quiet and super clean rooms. A breath of fresh air after the usual chain hotels we stayed at and what a great price! Would definitely return.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank nuovainpaese
Camden, New York
Reviewed 19 December 2012

My husband and I recently stayed here on business. I was the photographer for the AMED ATC which was held at this hotel. The staff was friendly and ready to assist with anything we needed. Our room was clean, beautiful and spacious. The bed was very comfortable. The bathroom was clean and large enough for the two of us to get ready (although we didn't need to). Our room faced the road, but we could not hear any outside noise. The conference we attended also had our meals as part of our stay, and I would have to say that every meal was great. Our banquet meal was fantastic. I've had many reception meals in my career as a photographer, and I'd have to say I felt like I was at my grandmother's house for dinner, it was that delicious. Although we did not have time to use the pool or gym these two areas were beautiful as well. The entire facility is just beautiful, and we would definitely stay there again without hesitation. In fact we will be next year for the next ATC, and we look forward to it.

Room Tip: Although we did not use Room Service or the Spa, as with all other areas of the Hotel, I am sure the...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
Reviewed 11 December 2012

Loved it! I was in the area three times in the last two months. I had a very disappointing experience at the Hampton Inn in Sturbridge and went to Trip Advisor to see if I could locate another hotel. Thank you all you Trip Advisor reviewers! The reviews about the Southbridge Hotel and Conference Center do not lie. Its extremely comfortable, the room was spotless. Decor pleasant. All amenities. In fact, I brought a group of about 10 people to the hotel during lunch without notice, and they accomodated us for lunch without blinking an eye (while conducting a lunch for a large conference). Wonderful. Would absolutely stay here again.

Room Tip: I was in room 428. Nice and quiet.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
Fishing Creek, Maryland
Reviewed 28 November 2012

This hotel is an absolutely wonderful addition to the city of Southbridge, where classy establishments are at a bit of a premium these days. The hotel honestly merits four to five TripAdvisor stars (as a three-star hotel) just on its own, but this five-star review is mostly a glowing recommendation for a place that went above and beyond during a difficult time.

I accompanied my mother to help my grandmother, who had suffered a terrible stroke. The front desk staff of the Southbridge Hotel allowed us to cut countless corners when we needed, extended a discount rate longer than it was valid, and made sure to take care of all check-in paperwork without us even being there for us. They were extraordinarily sympathetic and welcoming. That is something that can't be overlooked, and the world deserves to hear that this place is a first-class establishment.

That being said, the rooms are very comfortable, the WiFi worked perfect, and the health club is impeccable and better than most hotels I had ever stayed in. You can walk to downtown Southbridge, but I'd recommend driving, as the roads can be quite busy. The property is quiet and pleasant. The converted AO building is a wonderful setting and rather pretty. I didn't see the conference center beyond the hallways, but it looked like an excellent venue to host an event.

They made us believers here, and it's nice to have such a beautiful option right in Southbridge.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank ESVASpiderTerp
Colchester, Vermont, United States
Reviewed 24 November 2012

I challenge you to find a nicer place to stay at the price! The entire hotel is extremely clean and well maintained and the staff are all so friendly. Guest rooms are large. The bed is a little firm for my taste, but still very comfortable. I travel a moderate amount for business and the fitness center and pool are my favorite part of this hotel. The fitness center is better than 90% of the places I've ever stayed, including high end domestic and international hotels, and large conference hotels in major cities. The pool is better than any hotel I've stayed at and better than many resorts. The lounge is very nice and comfortable. An easy environment to enjoy a light meal and/or drinks with friend or colleagues.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Chris L
Guam, Mariana Islands
Reviewed 18 November 2012

The Southbridge Hotel and Conference Center's website does not do the hotel justice! I entered the expansive hotel lobby late at night, but I was quickly checked in and on my way to my welcoming room.

My room had plenty of room, featured a king size bed, two spacious night stands with two bedside lamps and an alarm clock. There was a telephone and a notepad and pen on the bed side table and another one on the standard-size desk. There were plenty of electric outlets near the bed and on the desk to accommodate a laptop and two cell phone chargers. I had plenty of room in the large closet to hang up my clothes and store my two suitcases. There were also extra sheets and blankets, two dry cleaning bags, and an iron and ironing board in the closet. There was a comfy easy chair in the room with decorative pillows. In addition, there was a wet bar area with a coffee maker and a large refrigerator which was discreetly hidden behind a cabinet. The fridge was silent unlike some hotels, which was greatly appreciated. The bed was super comfy and with an easy to control thermostat in the room, I was able to sleep amazingly!
There was plenty of extra storage in three drawers located beneath the TV (not a flat screen) and in the multiple bookshelves on both sides of the TV.

The bathroom featured a new and very clean shower. Toiletries included 2 ounce (these were larger than the usual samples-they lasted me all week!) bottles of Bath & Body Works Rain-kissed Leaves shampoo, conditioner, bar soap, and lotion. The sink area was large enough for me to spread out all my toiletries.

The housekeeping staff kept the room and the public spaces impeccably clean. Every day there was note from the housekeeper letting you know who had serviced your room.

The hotel’s gym far exceeded my expectations of a normal hotel gym. There was a large assortment of free weights and machines. There were two racquetball courts (you could borrow racquets and balls from the gym front desk staff) and a half basketball court. The basketball court also had yoga mats, jump ropes, hula hoops, and balance balls. There is also a towel service. My favorite feature of the gym was the classes! I took zumba two times a week in the evening. There were other classes throughout the day including water aerobics.

After all that working out, the hotel also had great food! I enjoyed quesadillas, nachos, hummus and pita chips, some of the local beers, and several varieties of salads and soups at the bar to include Italian Wedding soup. They were delicious and filling! Breakfast at the hotel included French toast, grits, fruit, bagels (plain, cinnamon raisin), cereal, lots of fruit juices (including orange), coffee, tea, hot chocolate, hash browns, pancakes, bacon, sausage, danishes, and muffins (chocolate, cream cheese, banana nut). For lunch, several dishes were rotated throughout the week to include gumbo, chicken, pasta, rice, stir fry, vegetables, fried chicken and more. In addition there is a salad bar everyday as well as make-your-own cold cuts. There is also a convenience store located near the front desk that sold everything from polo shirts and panty hose to postcards, disposable cameras, and candy, snacks, and drinks for about 99 cents. Other conveniences include a business center, pool tables, darts, juke box, ATM, coin laundry machines, microwaves, and lounge areas.

Overall, I was pleasantly surprised by my excellent stay.

Room Tip: The hallways are really long so ask for a room closer to the elevator.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
6 Thank foxegurl266
Also consider these accommodations in or near Southbridge
Sturbridge Host Hotel & Conference Center
#10 of 14 in Sturbridge
Publick House Historic Inn
Publick House Historic Inn
#5 of 14 in Sturbridge

Been to Southbridge Hotel And Conference Center? Share your experiences!