“Great hotel - in the middle of nowhere...”

Southbridge Hotel And Conference Center
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Southbridge
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 7 July 2013

Apparently the opening of this hotel was supposed to coincide the creation of businesses in Southbridge to bring in the needed tourists - the hotel opened, but the businesses never came to fruition. In any event, what you end up with is a beautiful hotel with all the amenities you could ask just on the border of MA and CT. The rooms were large and the service was great - we really liked all the staff that we met. We didn't try the pool or fitness center, but they have them.

We were going to a wedding in Woodstock CT and it was very conveniently located to that area. You couldn't go wrong staying there and using it as a base to travel throughout the area.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BenB813
There are newer reviews for Southbridge Hotel And Conference Center

Reviewed 12 May 2013

we had to be in the southbridge area due to a funeral - there aren't a lot of choices besides creepy chain hotels off the highway and a few country inns - but the inns were booked up so i found this hotel online. it's in a weird area but the hotel was shockingly nice - clean, huge, quiet, and seems pretty new. so don't hesitate to stay there if you find yourself in this neck of massachusetts and/or connecticut!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank mrsez
Reviewed 23 January 2013

Stayed here 1 night during a recent trip. Beautiful setting...extremely quiet and super clean rooms. A breath of fresh air after the usual chain hotels we stayed at and what a great price! Would definitely return.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nuovainpaese
Reviewed 19 December 2012

My husband and I recently stayed here on business. I was the photographer for the AMED ATC which was held at this hotel. The staff was friendly and ready to assist with anything we needed. Our room was clean, beautiful and spacious. The bed was very comfortable. The bathroom was clean and large enough for the two of us to get ready (although we didn't need to). Our room faced the road, but we could not hear any outside noise. The conference we attended also had our meals as part of our stay, and I would have to say that every meal was great. Our banquet meal was fantastic. I've had many reception meals in my career as a photographer, and I'd have to say I felt like I was at my grandmother's house for dinner, it was that delicious. Although we did not have time to use the pool or gym these two areas were beautiful as well. The entire facility is just beautiful, and we would definitely stay there again without hesitation. In fact we will be next year for the next ATC, and we look forward to it.

Room Tip: Although we did not use Room Service or the Spa, as with all other areas of the Hotel, I am sure the...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 December 2012

Loved it! I was in the area three times in the last two months. I had a very disappointing experience at the Hampton Inn in Sturbridge and went to Trip Advisor to see if I could locate another hotel. Thank you all you Trip Advisor reviewers! The reviews about the Southbridge Hotel and Conference Center do not lie. Its extremely comfortable, the room was spotless. Decor pleasant. All amenities. In fact, I brought a group of about 10 people to the hotel during lunch without notice, and they accomodated us for lunch without blinking an eye (while conducting a lunch for a large conference). Wonderful. Would absolutely stay here again.

Room Tip: I was in room 428. Nice and quiet.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 November 2012

This hotel is an absolutely wonderful addition to the city of Southbridge, where classy establishments are at a bit of a premium these days. The hotel honestly merits four to five TripAdvisor stars (as a three-star hotel) just on its own, but this five-star review is mostly a glowing recommendation for a place that went above and beyond during a difficult time.

I accompanied my mother to help my grandmother, who had suffered a terrible stroke. The front desk staff of the Southbridge Hotel allowed us to cut countless corners when we needed, extended a discount rate longer than it was valid, and made sure to take care of all check-in paperwork without us even being there for us. They were extraordinarily sympathetic and welcoming. That is something that can't be overlooked, and the world deserves to hear that this place is a first-class establishment.

That being said, the rooms are very comfortable, the WiFi worked perfect, and the health club is impeccable and better than most hotels I had ever stayed in. You can walk to downtown Southbridge, but I'd recommend driving, as the roads can be quite busy. The property is quiet and pleasant. The converted AO building is a wonderful setting and rather pretty. I didn't see the conference center beyond the hallways, but it looked like an excellent venue to host an event.

They made us believers here, and it's nice to have such a beautiful option right in Southbridge.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank ESVASpiderTerp
Reviewed 24 November 2012

I challenge you to find a nicer place to stay at the price! The entire hotel is extremely clean and well maintained and the staff are all so friendly. Guest rooms are large. The bed is a little firm for my taste, but still very comfortable. I travel a moderate amount for business and the fitness center and pool are my favorite part of this hotel. The fitness center is better than 90% of the places I've ever stayed, including high end domestic and international hotels, and large conference hotels in major cities. The pool is better than any hotel I've stayed at and better than many resorts. The lounge is very nice and comfortable. An easy environment to enjoy a light meal and/or drinks with friend or colleagues.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Chris L
Also consider these accommodations in or near Southbridge
Comfort Inn and Suites Colonial
Old Sturbridge Inn & Reeder Family Lodges
Days Inn Sturbridge
Days Inn Sturbridge
#13 of 14 in Sturbridge

Been to Southbridge Hotel And Conference Center? Share your experiences!