“Terrific hotel!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Springfield, Massachusetts
“Terrific hotel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2013

I had to be at a conference in Dudley, MA and this hotel was recommended. I was entranced by the picture on their website, then I read some great reviews on tripadvisor and decided to take a chance. It is in the middle of nowhere, although not far from Auburn and Sturbridge. The outside of the hotel looks like an old converted factory (which it was), but the inside was very modern. The rooms were very large and extremely clean. The people at the front desk were very friendly. We had a chance to use the pool area and locker room, also very nice and clean. They had a large fitness center with classes (which we did not use). I hope I have occasion to use the hotel again in the future. It was reasonably priced and worth the trip.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank norma g

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2013

Apparently the opening of this hotel was supposed to coincide the creation of businesses in Southbridge to bring in the needed tourists - the hotel opened, but the businesses never came to fruition. In any event, what you end up with is a beautiful hotel with all the amenities you could ask just on the border of MA and CT. The rooms were large and the service was great - we really liked all the staff that we met. We didn't try the pool or fitness center, but they have them.

We were going to a wedding in Woodstock CT and it was very conveniently located to that area. You couldn't go wrong staying there and using it as a base to travel throughout the area.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BenB813
atlantic beach, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2013

we had to be in the southbridge area due to a funeral - there aren't a lot of choices besides creepy chain hotels off the highway and a few country inns - but the inns were booked up so i found this hotel online. it's in a weird area but the hotel was shockingly nice - clean, huge, quiet, and seems pretty new. so don't hesitate to stay there if you find yourself in this neck of massachusetts and/or connecticut!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank mrsez
Kenosha, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2013

Stayed here 1 night during a recent trip. Beautiful setting...extremely quiet and super clean rooms. A breath of fresh air after the usual chain hotels we stayed at and what a great price! Would definitely return.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank nuovainpaese
Camden, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2012

My husband and I recently stayed here on business. I was the photographer for the AMED ATC which was held at this hotel. The staff was friendly and ready to assist with anything we needed. Our room was clean, beautiful and spacious. The bed was very comfortable. The bathroom was clean and large enough for the two of us to get ready (although we didn't need to). Our room faced the road, but we could not hear any outside noise. The conference we attended also had our meals as part of our stay, and I would have to say that every meal was great. Our banquet meal was fantastic. I've had many reception meals in my career as a photographer, and I'd have to say I felt like I was at my grandmother's house for dinner, it was that delicious. Although we did not have time to use the pool or gym these two areas were beautiful as well. The entire facility is just beautiful, and we would definitely stay there again without hesitation. In fact we will be next year for the next ATC, and we look forward to it.

Room Tip: Although we did not use Room Service or the Spa, as with all other areas of the Hotel, I am sure the...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2012

Loved it! I was in the area three times in the last two months. I had a very disappointing experience at the Hampton Inn in Sturbridge and went to Trip Advisor to see if I could locate another hotel. Thank you all you Trip Advisor reviewers! The reviews about the Southbridge Hotel and Conference Center do not lie. Its extremely comfortable, the room was spotless. Decor pleasant. All amenities. In fact, I brought a group of about 10 people to the hotel during lunch without notice, and they accomodated us for lunch without blinking an eye (while conducting a lunch for a large conference). Wonderful. Would absolutely stay here again.

Room Tip: I was in room 428. Nice and quiet.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
Fishing Creek, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2012

This hotel is an absolutely wonderful addition to the city of Southbridge, where classy establishments are at a bit of a premium these days. The hotel honestly merits four to five TripAdvisor stars (as a three-star hotel) just on its own, but this five-star review is mostly a glowing recommendation for a place that went above and beyond during a difficult time.

I accompanied my mother to help my grandmother, who had suffered a terrible stroke. The front desk staff of the Southbridge Hotel allowed us to cut countless corners when we needed, extended a discount rate longer than it was valid, and made sure to take care of all check-in paperwork without us even being there for us. They were extraordinarily sympathetic and welcoming. That is something that can't be overlooked, and the world deserves to hear that this place is a first-class establishment.

That being said, the rooms are very comfortable, the WiFi worked perfect, and the health club is impeccable and better than most hotels I had ever stayed in. You can walk to downtown Southbridge, but I'd recommend driving, as the roads can be quite busy. The property is quiet and pleasant. The converted AO building is a wonderful setting and rather pretty. I didn't see the conference center beyond the hallways, but it looked like an excellent venue to host an event.

They made us believers here, and it's nice to have such a beautiful option right in Southbridge.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank ESVASpiderTerp
Also consider these accommodations in or near Southbridge
Sturbridge Host Hotel & Conference Center
#10 of 13 in Sturbridge
Publick House Historic Inn
Publick House Historic Inn
#5 of 13 in Sturbridge

Been to Southbridge Hotel And Conference Center? Share your experiences!