“Every time I go the place just gets better and better”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Southbridge
Vienna Historic Inn and Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 1 Southbridge B&B and Inns
Reviewed 28 July 2011

This is the third time I've been here and while my first two visits were great, this last one was even better. My wife and I went for just a one night get away and we really recharged our batteries. The highlight was sitting on the front porch after dinner telling stories with other guests and the owners, drinking cognac, and enjoying dessert until the wee hours. You'd never know this place is not way out in the country because when you're there you forget about everything and simply have a wonderful time. All the help is so friendly and willing to help with anything you need. If you want to relax, for a night or a couple, just make a reservation at the Vienna. Oh and I didn't mention the food - I had boar osso bucco for dinner, it fell off the bone and melted in my mouth.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 13 July 2011

We had the pleasure of spending a night and eating dinner at the Inn this week. Every aspect of our stay was phenomenal! The owner, Lisa, went out of her way to accommodate our every need as we were traveling with two children. If you choose to stay here, make sure you eat at the restaurant for dinner. My husband and I have traveled to Austria more than once and love the food there and this food is every bit as good!

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed 25 May 2011

B&B's generally have the formula down, and we choose by location and price point. But, a big variable is the owners' energy and capability at providing hospitable, flexible, friendly and extra-effort service. The Vienna's owners are in a class by themselves and the fine dining dinner option at the Vienna was surprisingly good. If you want to go to the Southbridge/Sturbridge area, put this place at the top of your list.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dbmerrifield
Reviewed 21 May 2011

We visited the Old Sturbridge Village in May. My sister was visiting from Hong Kong. Me and my wife and our 6 years old girl together with my sister were at the inn for one night. We were lucky that night because we were the only guest at the establishment. The inn is very nicely decorated. You certainly feel walking back in time as you enter the inn. The dining room (two of them) were nicely appointed, lots of antique furnitures and artwork tastefully arranged. The ambiance is very relaxing with a touch of elegance and formal dining, but not suffocatingly snobbish.

We decided to have dinner that night after looking at the menu. It was a long day at Old Sturbridge Village so we were very happy to stay put instead of running around town looking for another restaurant. The food was great. They specially made a plate for my 6 years old, who is a very picky eater. I think she enjoyed her meal a lot, particularly the surprise tater tot. We then retired to the parlor on the comfy couch to let our food digested while spending some down time chatting and reading some magazine. They were very nice to bring in logs and started a fire for us using the antique fireplace. With the music in the background, I found myself really transported to Europe momentarily. I said to my wife, you do not have to pay the air fare to get a taste of the old Europe. We then decided to stay there and have our desert there. The Viennese coffee was great. The desert was perfrect.

The room was nicely decorated. We got to tour all of them and I like all the decoration and different style and theme. We had a very nice stay there and Lisa was super nice extending her hospitality to us by allowing us to use the extra room for my sister herself. Originally we only booked for one room for all 4 of us to stay.

There are some traffic noise at the beginning but it died down very soon and we had a good night rest.

Breakfast was terrific. We improvised as we went along that morning sitting at the breakfast table. The chef came out and chatted with us, we went over a few things and he made special crepes for us, with eggs and a yogurt first course, some terrific ham meat. We did talk about the dutch baby pancake but we somehow forgot to discuss that. Maybe next time. :-)

We love the dog Skeeter. We still miss him after we came home. Lisa and Johnathan are just great at the hospitality business. Hands down one of the best B&B I have stayed at so far.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 May 2011

Lisa and Jonathan make the Vienna an Inn we come back to year after year. We always look forward to the great food, cozy accommodations and the outdoor fireplace!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 May 2011

Cozy environment and very friendly, personal service - exactly what a boutique style hotel should offer. The rooms are decked out in character-ful old-time style. The owners Johnathon and Lisa were very friendly and flexible with their service. There is an effortless ambience that was relaxing and approachable.

Skeeter, the 9-yr-old poodle, was one of the best ambassador dog i've ever seen. He is the one thing we do not want to part with upon check-out!

amy

Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 March 2011

Jonathan is one of the best chefs on Planet Earth, period! His lovely wife Lisa is a gracious host and together they will make this one of the best stays ever. You won't regret a dime or moment of it. This is also a great place to make a home base for travels around central Massachusetts.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends

Been to Vienna Historic Inn and Restaurant? Share your experiences!