“Birthday Bliss”

Price range: US$18 - US$32
Cuisines: Austrian, French, German, Hungarian, Seafood, Steakhouse, Swiss
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Casual to suit & tie, Have a beer or 5-courses. Austro-Hungarian, vegan and Local Steaks to fine dining, fireside tables every day of the year inside or out. Historic settting from 1840's with a 200 year copper beech tree. From appetizers to salads and Chateaubriand for two table-side. Viennese desserts, espresso and full bar. Front porch dining with extensive beer and wine list. Easy -off 1-84 and Mass Pike 1-90.
Southborough, Massachusetts
“Birthday Bliss”
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Being "Foodies" we had been on the lookout for a special meal that we could enjoy together. We took our youngest son here for his 22nd Birthday dinner. We were ushered into the parlor for the evening where we were met with a blazing fire draped with "Happy Birthday" and fabulous cocktails. Our server was passionate and knowledgeable about the cuisine and how much we would need and individualized our appetizers. The entire meal was a pleasure. We started out with drinks and apps around the fire then we moved to our private dining table where we were served our salads and meals. Once that feast was over, we moved back to the chairs and couches and enjoyed coffee and deserts. I now understand what feasting means. What a wonderful experience with incredible foods, flavors and setting. We can't wait to return and eat the entire appetizer menu and desert of course! Be sure to make this very special restaurant part of your holiday or winter night outing. And if you do overeat and need to sleep it off, a lovely historic inn is just upstairs and breakfast is only a few hours away.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank nieghborhoodmom

Monson, Massachusetts
“Best dining experience ever!!”
Reviewed 16 November 2013

My girlfriend and I went here for the first time and the atmosphere is simply amazing.They had 2 fireplaces and place where you can just relax and have a drink or coffee.The decor is so beautiful and elegant.I really felt very welcomed and relaxed.The dining experience is the best I have ever had.We were there for 2 1/2 hours and I was so impressed with everything.The owner Lisa was our waitress and she and everyone was so friendly.I can not write enough words to say how wonderful this place is.I highly recommend this place.The food was awesome and each bite had so many flavors of culinary excellence.If you are in the area go to this place.

• Visited November 2013
Wadsworth, Ohio
“Great food and atmosphere”
Reviewed 4 November 2013

I visited my son in Connecticutt recently and his girlfriend had made reservations at this restaurant for dinner. We wanted something unique and some great food. My husband is German and all of those in attendance have German ancestry so The Vienna was a natural choice. We are just back from a vacation in Germany and Austria earlier this year so were curious as to what the food would be like. We were not disappointed in the least. The food was superb and the surroundings reminded me of some of the restaurants and inns we had visited while in Europe. The service was very attentive and very helpful. A little expensive but some things are worth the extra money for service and a quality meal. Would definitely go again.

Bourne, Massachusetts, United States
“Quaint Restaurant, Excellent Service”
Reviewed 20 October 2013

I really loved this restaurant! We drove here from Cape Cod specifically to try the Sauerbraten. We panicked when our server indicated that they were out. Fortunately, after a quick trip to the kitchen our server let us know that we could, in fact, order what we came for. What a lovely restaurant. We had a semi-private dining room where we relaxed on a couch and played a game of chess with our drinks. What fun! We shared the lamb chop lollipop appetizer and of course had the sauerbraten. The food was excellent, but the beef wasn't exactly as I expected. Still delicious, just not the typical pot roast type meat I've always had with this dish. Valentin (we think we have his name right) was an excellent waiter and took fantastic care of us. The music playing was very European sounding and the servers' costumes were authentic looking. Strongly recommend this restaurant.

Massachusetts
“Old World Charm”
Reviewed 20 October 2013

The Vienna Restaurant in Southbridge is quite a find, and worth the search. In the first floor of a renovated house, you almost feel like you've traveled to central Europe by walking through the front door. The waitstaff is dressed in traditional Austrian costume and are professional and extremely helpful ... the response to any question is: "Of course!"

I had the Tafelspitz, which is a type of pot roast (beef), with spetzel and red cabbage. Each meal comes with a "willkommen plate" (small appetizer - delicious) and european style salad. Save room for dessert ... the german chocolate and Mozart cakes are both excellent!

A great place to go for a special occasion!