“Food was great, service could have been better”
Review of Mexicali Grill

Mexicali Grill
Ranked #3 of 26 Restaurants in Spencer
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 26 December 2013

The food was excellent especially the fresh guacamole made at the table. The server seemed distracted or overwhelmed and wasn't able to remember our request for water or other things. It's a local's hangout and a hidden gem. I would highly recommend going for the food.

Reviewed 5 November 2013

My wife and I went to the Mexicali Grill . Parking is behind the restaurant . Service was excellent
and the food was brought quickly. My wife had a Mexico City Taco and I had a Mexicali
Enchilada . Both where good but the high light was the Fried ice cream which was
outstanding. Nice touch was salsa and chips to start..
On the whole a good experience .

Reviewed 9 September 2013

This was our 3rd visit to Mexicali Grill in Spencer, Mass. They are now a local chain with two other restaurants in the local area. They have an extensive menu of Mexican fare including seafood items. I've had chimichangas and burritos - both excellent. The corn chips come out freshly cooked and hot with a tasty salsa. They make guacamole dip fresh at your table. Portions are just right. Wait staff is friendly and attentive. Decor southwestern and pleasant. We make it a point to eat Mexican here at least twice in a season when we visit this area.

Reviewed 9 September 2013

I was very happy to discover that Mexicali Grill is gluten friendly. I was even happier to discover that the food, service and atmosphere are wicked good!

Reviewed 1 September 2013

Great food. My pork adovado was excellent. Very tender and flavorful and my daughter enjoyed her chile rellenos. Their salsa is fresh and tasty too.

However our meal started off very poorly. I know this is a Mexican restaurant but I didn't want tequila. I wanted a Manhattan and she wanted a Cosmopolitan. Should be simple - they have a full bar. Unfortunately they don't have a trained bartender. First I was told they had Makers Mark. Then they didn't. In fact they had very little bourbon. So I ordered a Mojito instead. It was overly sweet. Way, way too much simple syrup and it wasn't shaken. My daughter was served something that looked like a Shirley Temple but had Vodka in it. It was bright red! Cosmos are a light pink. It had, we think, heavy cranberry juice and definitely lots of cherry juice! In a Cosmo? Nope! We sent it back through the Manager. What returned looked more like a Cosmo but this time the glass was only half filled. My daughter had barely tasted the first disaster. This one was full of ice crystals so we know something was shaken but the cranberry or chambord or whatever the "bartender" used was all settled at the bottom. The bartender is ignorant of basic cocktail preparation!

Very disappointed. This could have been a nice meal. This wasn't the first time my daughter had been here but it was the first, and last, time I was. They've opened a second spot in Ware, MA. I won't go there either, no matter how good the food is.

By the way service was excellent.