“Wonderful Chinese food”

Cuisines: Chinese
New England
“Wonderful Chinese food”
Reviewed 9 April 2011

The current name of this restaurant is “New Buffet” despite what TripAdvisor insists on calling it. It is next to the Big Y Supermarket on Rte. 9 in Spencer MA, and it has a huge sign above the front door. I thought the food was terrific and the price unbelievable. New Buffet is basically a Chinese buffet, but they also have individual items and take-out. The place is large, well lit, and on the Saturday afternoon I visited, not crowded. The buffet is extensive with over a dozen entrées, including shrimp dishes, vegetables, fresh fruit, and soups. There is also a Japanese hibachi (where you choose raw meat, vegetables, and a sauce, and they cook it for you) and sushi, but I didn’t try them. They also have several deserts, including six kinds of Hershey’s ice cream. It is all self-service, of course, and there is no pressure on you to quit (unfortunately!). Drinks are extra; I forgot to ask if you can bring your own beer or wine.
Every item I tried, and I tried most, was absolutely delicious. The only exception was the mint chocolate chip ice cream. I was the first to dip into it, so the surface may have dried out. At any rate, they didn’t make that. My only regret is that I live 50 miles from this restaurant, although given the amount I ate (for seven bucks!), that is probably a good thing. The price is higher, but still a bargain, for dinner.

• Visited March 2011

Virginia Beach, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A back home favorite”
Reviewed 19 July 2010

To me this Chinese Resturaunt is delicious. It not a fancy one though. The Chinese food was always a favorite for me. I never ate Chinese from anywhere else. Prices are great and the buffet was always fresh and hot.

Understand though... this review is from personal experience. I love their Chinese food. Others may not like it as much as I do. If you prefer top notch, expensive Chinese food, don't go here.