“Reconnecting with my Creator”

National Shrine of the Divine Mercy
Ranked #2 of 12 things to do in Stockbridge
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Reconnecting with my Creator”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2013

I was brought up as a Catholic and got my first eleven years of education in an exclusive girl's school run by nuns. Despite this, I was never the religious type. Visiting the Divine Mercy Shrine was a sort of cathartic experience for me. The chapel is beautiful, the grounds serene, an ideal place for meditation. All in all, a fitting place to reconnect with one's religion, especially for those who, like me, have strayed from the beaten path.

1 Thank Marichu J

Uniontown, Ohio
66 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 64 helpful votes
“Excellent!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2013

We made a road trip while visiting Cooperstown, NY, and we are so glad we did! It was St. Faustina's feast day, so there were lots of activities going on. We participated in the Chaplet, adoration, and benediction, as well as the veneration of her relic. The shrine and setting are beautiful. The stations of the cross are very moving and a must! The gift shop is well-stocked with unique items. When visiting the shrine, be sure to visit the side chapels.

Cambria, California
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 67 helpful votes
“Beautiful & Inspiring”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2013 via mobile

Quite a lovely experience to visit this beautiful / peaceful retreat. The shrine is incredibly beautiful and the life-sized Stations of the Cross provide a thoughtful & compelling experience. Truly enjoyed our time at this special place.

Worcester, Massachusetts
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“The highlight of my trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2013

Whatever your religion, you don't want to miss the shrine. Acres of beautiful lawn, lots of parking. Life size Stations of the Cross along an east-to-walk trail. Lots of surprises as you walk around. Don't miss Candle Shrine. The place to go for peace and contentment...

Visited September 2013
Milton, Delaware
68 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Divine Mercy - Inspirational”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2013

I expected the find a church, gift shop and some devotional areas at the shrine and was surprised at the extent of the grounds, the Way of the Cross, the outdoor worship space and the number of other devotional areas. I can’t think of a more inspiring way to spend the morning or any part of your day.

Visited September 2013