“Elegant Dining”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Stockbridge
Naples, Florida
“Elegant Dining”
Reviewed 20 April 2014

My wife and I celebrated her birthday with a wonderful dinner at The Red Lion Inn last night. The main dining room is Victorian in design and one can imagine dining here when the inn was rebuilt in 1897. We have stopped by the inn many times over the years but this was our first time in the main dining room. The food and service were both very good and the sommelier, Dan, and the wine list were superb. We enjoyed a 1998 Comde Valdemarr Rioja which was a bargain at $45.00. My wife had artic char, pink & poached and very fresh, beautifully plated over green vegetables. I has the prime rib with Yorkshire pudding served with fresh green beans and Yukon gold mashed potatoes. Warmed cake, coffee and Remi Martin rounded out a memorable birthday dinner. Our server, Mercedes, was as nice as could be and professional. We look forward to returning soon.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (289)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Bradenton, Florida
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Love staying in historic properties and The Red Lion Inn did not disappoint! Our suite was lovely with a very large soaking tub and HUGE 2 person shower. The Lincoln Table in the reception area was unique as was the House Cat! Can't wait to return!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Oceanside, New York
Reviewed 17 April 2014

i loved staying here. i had a daughter/mommy night. we mostly rocked the chairs on the huge porch. the breakfast/brunch was amazing! loved the eggs benedict and of course the turkey sandwich. i love how the floors are uneven and you can tell its been around for a long time. it did have an older crowd.so if your looking for a wild place, i would suggest going elsewhere.
also, i had NO reception on the entire property. so i would not stay here for business.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 April 2014

I've stayed at The Red Lion Inn before and really enjoyed it. It's mix of eclectic charm, great restaurant, and comfortable unpretentious atmosphere are great for a nice trip away from the day to day.
I recently booked a room for another weekend stay, but due to some circumstances beyond my control, I've had to re book this trip twice. I felt awful doing it as I know that it's a pain for the hotel to deal with, but the staff has been nothing but gracious, responsive and helpful. There was no guilt or annoyance on their end at all, which I truly appreciated. It made me look even more forward to my upcoming visit.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Wyckoff, New Jersey
Reviewed 8 April 2014

It has been almost a year since I last went to the Inn and gave it a bad review. Well my wife made me try it again. Apparently my review and messages to the Inn took notice. We went this Feb. for 2 nights. We were very happy to be contacted beforehand and responded to our concerns and questions. The chef was gracious and made sure we received good, let me correct that to be great food. The host, front desk, waiters and waitresses were fantastic. To be sure you understand these are the usual qualities expected and received at the Inn. We ate all our meals at the Inn and even splurged on a breakfast in bed. I recommend this treat.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Michele K, Innkeeper at The Red Lion Inn, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
It was a pleasure to have you and your wife back with us again. I am glad we were able to restore your faith in us and we look forward to welcoming you to the Inn again soon.
East Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed 6 April 2014

It was not sleek and modern, and that was good for it felt like home, or better yet when I would spend the summers at my Grandmothers home. The room had personality and had it's quirks that were natural for a grand old lady.

the staff outstanding. the front desk staff off the chart! The breakfast - the best omelet I had in years. Wish my husband could have been there to enjoy it with.

Room Tip: look for discount on line for the Inn. Got a lower rate on line with a coupon for the same room tha...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Woventales
Massachusetts
Reviewed 2 April 2014

If you aren't looking to stay at a traditional B&B but you want something more unique then the Holiday Inn Express down the street, this is a great option. Reasonable prices. Rooms are small, but clean and homey. Clean bathrooms with special bath salts for a little relaxation. I couldn't get the in room thermostat to work with me, so I had to crack the windows and was very hot at night. Very friendly staff.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stockbridge
Black Swan Inn Berkshires, an Ascend Collection Hotel
#6 of 16 in Lenox
Blantyre
Blantyre
#5 of 16 in Lenox

Been to The Red Lion Inn? Share your experiences!