“Location!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Stoughton
Poughkeepsie, New York
“Location!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2013

The rooms are clean, staff is friendly, and food is good - just what you expect from a Courtyard. The location is excellent: can walk to movie theater, restaurants, Bob's clothing store, Kohls, etc. Right near Route 24 which can bring you to I-93 into Boston.

The negatives is that they have eliminated the free coffee in the morning so all they have is Starbucks. Also, the internet is sloooow!

Will be back soon.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Traveler2AM
Michelle R, Manager at Courtyard Boston Stoughton, responded to this review, 4 June 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback from your stay Traveler2AM! There's no doubt about it, this hotel is in a great location. Many of our guests enjoy being able to walk to the movies, shopping or restaurants. A quick drive to the train station for a day in Boston is another great perk of our location. Although we no longer have a coffee station set up in the lobby, we continue to provide a great quality complimentary coffee in our guest rooms. Starbucks Verona and Veranda blend Coffee of the Day and speciality coffee drinks such as Lattes, Cappucinos and Caramel Macchiatos are available 24 hours a day. Our complimentary wireless internet service has been upgraded to accommodate numerous users. We hope to see you the next time you travel to the Boston-Stoughton area!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2013

I stayed on a short business trip. Great food for late arrivals and may be better than nearby restaurants. Staff very helpful overall. Room was great as usual for Courtyard,
Hotel is in a semi-secluded area with trees, nice.

Room Tip: No special tips.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
SheilaRhil, General Manager at Courtyard Boston Stoughton, responded to this review, 9 April 2013
Thanks so much for the great feedback! I'm so happy that you enjoyed your stay! I sure hope that you will return the next time your business brings you back to the Boston area. Now that the weather is getting better, we'd be happy to provide you with information about the local area and attractions that are close to us. The staff is always happy to make suggestions on things to do and places to eat. Have a wonderful summer, and thanks for choosing Marriott!
Sanbornton, New Hampshire
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2013

Hotel room was clean and staff was friendly. My complaint is with the pool... We went to use it at 4pm on Saturday and although the sign said it was open early morning until late night, it wasn't. Called guest services and they said they were opening it later. When we went at 8:45 pm, it was open... Went to slide into the hot tub with what looked like some decent jets and it was just as cold as the pool. Epic fail.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
SheilaRhil, General Manager at Courtyard Boston Stoughton, responded to this review, 1 April 2013
Thank you for your review! I'm so glad that you were happy with the staff & the cleanliness of our hotel. However, I'm very sorry for the spa temp. I know if I were looking to relax on a Saturday night and dipped into a cold spa, I too, would be dissappointed. We have ordered the necessary parts for repair, and it should be up & running before the day's end. I would love for you to come back and experience our hotel with the full enjoyment of our pool & spa. Please contact me directly at the hotel and I'll personally handle your reservation and ensure for you that these concerns will have been addressed. We would appreciate the opportunity to serve you again!
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2013

A business partner and I stayed for three days on a business trip. I was very glad we stayed here. The staff were wonderful right from the get-go. Barbara was extremely helpful on the phone when we booked our rooms, plus was at the front desk several times and not only remembered us, but was very helpful whenever we had requests. The other front desk staff were just as helpful, whether we needed something faxed, an extra chair in the room, or anything else. We ended up checking out quite late as we were trying to complete something, but they did not make this a problem for us.
The rooms themselves are quite nice. They are well appointed and comfortable. In addition to the typical coffee machine, there was a microwave and a fridge, both of which were useful.
There is a restaurant that is open for breakfast and dinner as well as a "market" with snacks, etc. available any time. The food was quite good and as I was working out of the hotel, I wished it was open for lunch too. It would have been good to have more choices at the "market" to actually make a lunch; I am vegetarian and it was hard for me. My only other comment is that while the food service staff were just as helpful as the hotel staff, it seemed like they were not well trained and/or there weren't enough staff as they often seemed confused about something, something didn't work right or they were backed up on their orders.
Another lady commented to me that she had been at a Courtyard Marriott in another state and the two hotels were pretty identical. As I was pleased with my experience here, I will likely look out for Courtyard Marriotts in the future.
Last comment: it is a little bit in the middle of nowhere. If you want to go places, see things, etc. I suggest renting a car.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to post your experiences! We certainly enjoyed having your group with us and I'm so glad that you found my staff to be so accommodating! Our goal is to provide complete guest satisfaction. I'm very proud of my staff and so glad that their true talent shined through for you & your group. I agree, the people here are what make this place so successful! Thank you again & we look forward to your return!
La Canada Flintridge, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2013 via mobile

My daughter & I stayed here for 4 nights before needing to be at the Marriott Copley Square for an event. I wish we could've stayed here the whole time!! I used my Marriott points for the 4 nights & were treated like royalty. New mattress in the room - comfy!! Great decor. Very comfortable room & all of the amenities you'd want. The sink area receptacle wasn't working & they replaced it that same afternoon & the manager even left a handwritten note under our door apologizing for any inconvenience. We used the laundry room one eve, which came in handy. The elevator closest to our 4th floor room was out of order, so there was a bit of walking. I am 6 months post knee replacement, so it was ok. Would've been an issue if anyone had mobility problems. There is a restaurant on site & a small area selling snacks/drinks. There is an Olive Garden less than 1/4 mile down the street & a Target store only 1-2 miles away. Free, spacious, well lit parking (compared to $47/night at the Marriott Boston. I'm from LA & thought our parking fees were rediculous!). We'll be back here again if we're ever in the area again. Thanks to all of the fabulous staff!!

Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to post your experiences! I hope that you & your daughter will return to Stoughton. We'd love to have you back! Good News... The parts for the elevator are in! Replacement of the elevator starts today! In a few weeks it will be brand new!
New Hampshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2013

A one night quick stay - in late, out early but very pleased. The layout of the room and the bathroom was a bit odd and challenging to traverse in the middle of the night but very clean and comfortable. Great value for the money. One notable item that I've never experienced before in my many travels was a nightlight in the bathroom. What a great idea!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your kind words! We are happy to serve and look forward to another visit from you.
Springfield,NJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2013 via mobile

What can I say, great room, clean, great staff, new furniture, clean smell & great breakfast.. Those that follow my hotel adventures know I'm picky but this place is such a great spot.. Please book now everyone because this place is Hotelbody's pick :)

• Stayed February 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
SheilaRhil, General Manager at Courtyard Boston Stoughton, responded to this review, 26 February 2013
Thank you for your review Hotelbody!

I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay here at the Stoughton Courtyard! I hope that you'll join us again in the near future. We appreciate your feedback!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stoughton
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Brockton (Boston)
Hyatt Place Boston/Braintree
#1 of 1 in Randolph
BEST WESTERN Rockland
BEST WESTERN Rockland
#1 of 3 in Rockland

Been to Courtyard Boston Stoughton? Share your experiences!