“Bad maid service”

Courtyard Boston Stoughton
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Stoughton
Reviewed 29 June 2013

The courtyard was nicely renovated and new. I like the updates. My complaints here was the maid and restaurant.

The room lacked shampoo the first day. I had two conditioners. I had to wash my hair with conditioner because I didn't notice sooner. I told the maid that morning about it. She gave me shampoo but apparently that meant that she didn't feel like cleaning my room at all the entire day.

Restaurant is just slow and easy to miss orders like coffees.

Actual hotel is quite nice. Just service not the best.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Norbert G, General Manager at Courtyard Boston Stoughton, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2013

Dear Traveler,
Your feedback is very important to us. I am very sorry to hear that maid service did not meet your expectations. I will make sure to speak with my associates and provide all necessary training to avoid any service hiccups.

Reviewed 26 June 2013

It was interesting to come back from a day of business to find that housekeeping left the door latch open, preventing the door from locking. Luckily nothing was missing. When I reported it to the hotel management, all I got was an oops - we are sorry and Is there anything we can do for you? instead of offering something right off the bat. A Hampton Inn would have immediately comp'd the room without any questions.

As far as the hotel, I'm not a fan of Courtyards but overall it is generally clean, not too much within walking distance but there are some resturants nearby if oyu have a car.

Room was not large but updated, the TV was situated in a weird location that the angle to the watch if in bed was not great. Bedding was ok not overly comfortable but not bad either. there is a resturant open for breakfast and dinner on site.

If you have other alternatives, check them out before looking here.

Room Tip: the rooms looking over the courtyard are quiet
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 June 2013

I might have given this place a 4 if it weren’t for the fact that our room wasn’t cleaned after the first night, which is inexcusable for a Courtyard Marriott. When we left around 3:30 PM, the maid was across the hall and saw us leave, so I’m not sure what the problem was, but I wasn’t happy about it when I got back at night.

The room was a decent size, but the setup was just very weird. They tried to make the room have a very modern feel, but they didn’t go a great job of it. The small couch was decent, but just had very odd colors. There was a pretty good 32” flat screen LG TV, but it was placed so you could only see it from the couch and not the bed. The desk, cabinet and night stands had a nice wood finish to them. The bed was decent, but I couldn’t stand the small pillows they had. The pillows were so uncomfortable that I kept waking up in the middle of the night with neck cramps. Two large quality pillows would be sufficient.

There were hardly any electrical outlets in the room, which is a major gripe of mine with hotels. There were 2 outlets in the base of a lamp, but they only worked if the light was on, which isn’t great for charging anything overnight. The Wi-Fi was spotty and wouldn’t allow any of my devices to load web pages, so it was basically useless. The fridge in the room was very helpful for storing our drinks and leftover food. The bathroom was pretty big and clean, but the shower head was way too low for an adult to stand under. There was a small balcony with a brick railing if you want to get some fresh air.

The lobby is big with many tables, chairs and couches where you can congregate with others. They have a charging station and there’s a place to get food during the day and another area by the front desk with snack food and other amenities available at all times. The location is pretty good since it’s right off Route 24 and it’s about an 8 minute walk to Olive Garden and Smokey Bones.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 May 2013

We travelled 5/17-5/19. We arrived around 1:30 pm on Friday. It sits off the road but is right off the interstate so we missed the entrance and had to quickly turn around. There is signing for the location but not in your face obvious signing which is what caused us to go by. It is very easy access though and no problems once we knew where it was. Inside the lobby was modern with clean lines. It was quiet and clean. The check in was off to the right and small not typical of the usual check in. We weren't actually sure it was check in. Upon checking in we were told the whole hotel was non smoking which was great considering in the morning when I called to make sure we got a non smoking room I was on hold for literally 5 minutes and then I had to hang up. The staff seems a little disorganized and slow but friendly. We were told there was a wedding and hockey team there and the front desk gave us a choice of our location. We picked and went on our way. Our price included breakfast for those 12 and under. We did have 1 under in 1 room but the other room was 2 adults. The front desk said it could still be used for the adult since that's the way it was booked. The room was cleaner than the average room while the longer I stayed the more little things myself and my son noticed. A coffee stir on the floor, dust on the toilet paper dispenser, and some type of spotting on the picture in the bathroom. In 1 room there was 2 adults and 1 child in a King standard but it was ok because the couch in the room was a pull out and sheets and blankets were located in the bottom of the dresser. Room 2 had 2 adults in a King Standard. We had asked for connecting room but they said none were available. We used the indoor pool and hot tub daily. It was a clean area with towels by the pool. Not a lot of seating if you just wanted to watch someone swim but it was fine. The first night the pool was quiet. The 2nd night the pool area had adults drinking and using the hot tub. There was security down there and all was fine. The last morning there was a handful of people and someone from the hotel there as well. One of the pool lights had popped out and was floating in the water. We brought this to their attention but was told it happens and nothing was done to correct it while we were there.
We at breakfast at the café 2 times and while the food was good it was so so slow getting it. They would bring out a dish or two at a time but not the whole table. By Sunday morning they had run out of certain food items too. Upon check out the 2nd room without children was charged for their breakfasts even though upon check in we were told we wouldn't. The front desk person was nice but confused as to what to do. He says it was refunded but I will check when my CC bill comes this month. Overall it was clean, quiet, and friendly.

Room Tip: One elevator is out. Choose a lowered number room ex 201 not 241
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank S H
Reviewed 8 May 2013

This is an average Courtyard by Marriott. However really convenient to my company's Boston branch office so I have stayed here frequently. It is walking distance from a movie theatre complex and a strip mall with Olive Garden and Smokey Bones. The staff is pleasant and helpful.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Michelle R, Manager at Courtyard Boston Stoughton, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2013

Thanks so much for the feedback Nice_Girl_10! Our great location is definitely one of the features that tkeeps our guest coming back. I'm always open to guest feedback and suggestion on how we can improve. Feel free to stop by and say Hello next time you are here! When you return to our hotel, be sure take some time to relax on our beautiful courtyard patio, perhaps with an appetizer and cold beverage from The Bistro.

Reviewed 7 May 2013

The rooms are clean, staff is friendly, and food is good - just what you expect from a Courtyard. The location is excellent: can walk to movie theater, restaurants, Bob's clothing store, Kohls, etc. Right near Route 24 which can bring you to I-93 into Boston.

The negatives is that they have eliminated the free coffee in the morning so all they have is Starbucks. Also, the internet is sloooow!

Will be back soon.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Traveler2AM

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback from your stay Traveler2AM! There's no doubt about it, this hotel is in a great location. Many of our guests enjoy being able to walk to the movies, shopping or restaurants. A quick drive to the train station for a day in Boston is another great perk of our location. Although we no longer have a coffee station set up in the lobby, we continue to provide a great quality complimentary coffee in our guest rooms. Starbucks Verona and Veranda blend Coffee of the Day and speciality coffee drinks such as Lattes, Cappucinos and Caramel Macchiatos are available 24 hours a day. Our complimentary wireless internet service has been upgraded to accommodate numerous users. We hope to see you the next time you travel to the Boston-Stoughton area!

Reviewed 8 April 2013

I stayed on a short business trip. Great food for late arrivals and may be better than nearby restaurants. Staff very helpful overall. Room was great as usual for Courtyard,
Hotel is in a semi-secluded area with trees, nice.

Room Tip: No special tips.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
SheilaRhil, General Manager at Courtyard Boston Stoughton, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2013

Thanks so much for the great feedback! I'm so happy that you enjoyed your stay! I sure hope that you will return the next time your business brings you back to the Boston area. Now that the weather is getting better, we'd be happy to provide you with information about the local area and attractions that are close to us. The staff is always happy to make suggestions on things to do and places to eat. Have a wonderful summer, and thanks for choosing Marriott!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Stoughton
Hyatt Place Boston/Braintree
Hampton Inn & Suites Boston/Stoughton
Best Western Rockland
Best Western Rockland
#1 of 3 in Rockland
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Brockton (Boston)

Been to Courtyard Boston Stoughton? Share your experiences!