“Conveniently located off intersection of MA24 & 139 south of Boston.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Courtyard Boston Stoughton

Courtyard Boston Stoughton
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Stoughton
Colorado Springs
“Conveniently located off intersection of MA24 & 139 south of Boston.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2013

A standard yet nicely decorated Courtyard motel. (A couple gas stations are nearby and a small shopping center but not much else.) The hallway temperature was quite cool the days we were there but our room temperature was controlled well. The room was very comfortable but crowded (with Courtyard furniture). Lighting was ample; shower and toilet worked fine. We ate one breakfast which was served promptly and tasted good. While departing early for a flight from Logan, we received a free Starbucks!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Brooklyn, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2013

First off, let's say there are not a lot of good options in this area. However, this Courtyard tries but misses on many levels. As a Marriott Gold member, we found the place average to slightly below average for this chain.

Décor (9 out of 10): Rooms are updated, lobby is extremely nice (part of the new Courtyard redesign). It has all the new and nice amenities (flat screen, nice desk, etc.). The bed was very comfortable and the room had both a mini-refrigerator (listed on website) and an microwave (not listed on website). Had two queens - not the typical two doubles. Rooms are good size.

Cleanliness: (5 out of 10): There was visible mold on the grout of the shower tiles, the desk had some sticky stuff on it at check-in. My wife called the room "filthy". I am a bit less picky but even to me it was not truly a clean room. Apparently, lot of quick surface cleaning and that is it. Everything was properly replenished every day.

Staff: (9 out of 10): Efficient, customer-service oriented, very friendly and welcoming. Quickly took care of our requests

Attention to Detail: (4 out of 10): They have a mini-frig, microwave and coffee pot in one area across from the sink, but the cords lead into a cabinet to a two plug outlet behind the refrigerator -so you have to unplug at least one item to use the other. Couldn't they have put a 4 plug extension or outlet here? The lamps at the desk had 2 outlets, but the outlets were so worn that my phone kept going off and on (shorting) because of a loose connection - they should have been replaced. There were no other outlets near the desk - only those 2 - need more. There was no luggage rack in the room - when we asked they said they had to be requested(??!). The HVAC did not work properly - you set the heat to 86 and it still blew cold air for 10 min before heating up. Finally, no complimentary coffee in the lobby in the AM (unlike other Courtyards) - you have to pay for it. Really?

Location: (7 out of 10). Quiet location, close to a few restaurants, and a movie theater and plenty of close parking. If you have to work in the Stoughton/Randolph/Brockton area, it is a good location - otherwise go to a different suburb. Venture a few miles away (into Randolph or Brockton) and you are definitely in a lower middle class area.

Food: (N/A) did not eat here so no comment. The Caffe Bella down the street is excellent, as is the Legal Seafood in the South Shore Plaza about 3 mi away. The rest of the time we ate downtown.

I only have business in this area about once every 2 years. The last time, I stayed at the Residence Inn in Brockton. I remember it being better than this location, but that was 2 years ago. If my company would pay for it, I would have rather stayed at the full service Marriott in Quincy, but prices are high for the South Boston suburbs.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank drichrx
Northern Cal
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2013

Stayed one night. Hotel was nice looking and typical of Marriott. However, there were a lot of noise outside late into the evening; there might have been a party or something with a lot of young people talking and yelling. Bed was comfortable; had to wear earplugs to sleep; water pressure was adequate. The courtyard in the middle was closed for possible repair; it had a lot of yellow tape. Not a great experience, but not the worse.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Norbert G, General Manager at Courtyard Boston Stoughton, responded to this review, 30 July 2013
Dear Traveler,
Thank you so much for taking your time to leave your comment on Trip Advisor.
Your experience is very important to us as we always look for ways to make it better!
I am sorry for our Courtyard appearance; however this was the time where we renovated all walkways at our Courtyard. I hope you visit us again soon and experience a new, renovated Courtyard!
Seabrook, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2013 via mobile

The hotel is what you would expect from a Courtyard. I would say the staff was friendly and helpful. The weather was warm while we were there. The common areas were warmer than usual, not so comfortable. When the weather cooled off it was much better.

• Stayed June 2013
Dear Traveler,
Thank you so much for taking your time to leave your comment on Trip Advisor.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2013 via mobile

The courtyard was nicely renovated and new. I like the updates. My complaints here was the maid and restaurant.

The room lacked shampoo the first day. I had two conditioners. I had to wash my hair with conditioner because I didn't notice sooner. I told the maid that morning about it. She gave me shampoo but apparently that meant that she didn't feel like cleaning my room at all the entire day.

Restaurant is just slow and easy to miss orders like coffees.

Actual hotel is quite nice. Just service not the best.

Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Dear Traveler,
Your feedback is very important to us. I am very sorry to hear that maid service did not meet your expectations. I will make sure to speak with my associates and provide all necessary training to avoid any service hiccups.
new jersey
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2013

It was interesting to come back from a day of business to find that housekeeping left the door latch open, preventing the door from locking. Luckily nothing was missing. When I reported it to the hotel management, all I got was an oops - we are sorry and Is there anything we can do for you? instead of offering something right off the bat. A Hampton Inn would have immediately comp'd the room without any questions.

As far as the hotel, I'm not a fan of Courtyards but overall it is generally clean, not too much within walking distance but there are some resturants nearby if oyu have a car.

Room was not large but updated, the TV was situated in a weird location that the angle to the watch if in bed was not great. Bedding was ok not overly comfortable but not bad either. there is a resturant open for breakfast and dinner on site.

If you have other alternatives, check them out before looking here.

Room Tip: the rooms looking over the courtyard are quiet
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Albany, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2013

I might have given this place a 4 if it weren’t for the fact that our room wasn’t cleaned after the first night, which is inexcusable for a Courtyard Marriott. When we left around 3:30 PM, the maid was across the hall and saw us leave, so I’m not sure what the problem was, but I wasn’t happy about it when I got back at night.

The room was a decent size, but the setup was just very weird. They tried to make the room have a very modern feel, but they didn’t go a great job of it. The small couch was decent, but just had very odd colors. There was a pretty good 32” flat screen LG TV, but it was placed so you could only see it from the couch and not the bed. The desk, cabinet and night stands had a nice wood finish to them. The bed was decent, but I couldn’t stand the small pillows they had. The pillows were so uncomfortable that I kept waking up in the middle of the night with neck cramps. Two large quality pillows would be sufficient.

There were hardly any electrical outlets in the room, which is a major gripe of mine with hotels. There were 2 outlets in the base of a lamp, but they only worked if the light was on, which isn’t great for charging anything overnight. The Wi-Fi was spotty and wouldn’t allow any of my devices to load web pages, so it was basically useless. The fridge in the room was very helpful for storing our drinks and leftover food. The bathroom was pretty big and clean, but the shower head was way too low for an adult to stand under. There was a small balcony with a brick railing if you want to get some fresh air.

The lobby is big with many tables, chairs and couches where you can congregate with others. They have a charging station and there’s a place to get food during the day and another area by the front desk with snack food and other amenities available at all times. The location is pretty good since it’s right off Route 24 and it’s about an 8 minute walk to Olive Garden and Smokey Bones.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stoughton
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Brockton (Boston)
Hyatt Place Boston/Braintree
#1 of 1 in Randolph
BEST WESTERN Rockland
BEST WESTERN Rockland
#1 of 3 in Rockland

Been to Courtyard Boston Stoughton? Share your experiences!