“Good business hotel” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Stoughton
Woking, Surrey
“Good business hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

Stoughton is not, exactly, a metropolitan hub and this hotel suits its surroundings. It is clean and comfortable with excellent air conditioning (as you would expect) but not walking distance of anything of interest - as with most of the USA, you cannot afford to be without a car or a friendly co-worker to chauffeur you around!
This Courtyard Marriott has a bar and bistro - although the bar prices exceed even Logan airport! A reasonably comprehensive breakfast is offered and was happily served by the team.
Friendly staff and a comfortable stay - what more could you ask for?

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank CesmeTraveller
Norbert G, General Manager at Courtyard Boston Stoughton, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to complete our Guest Satisfaction Survey. We are delighted that your stay with the Courtyard Boston Stoughton was enjoyable.

We truly appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us so that we may continue to deliver exceptional service in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for one night recently, and a job change will have me staying here pretty frequently going forward. Nice and clean, with very helpful, friendly staff. What I really love about this place is the amount of public space they have- some inside, which is typical of a Courtyard, but also a lot of outside space with both lounge seating and tables & chairs. Two minor complaints- they have direct tv (or some sort if satellite service, so a lot of the channels have really poor reception. Also, I would avoid a room with a connecting door...these doors are paper thin and you can hear every sound your neighbor makes.

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Mike P
Norbert G, General Manager at Courtyard Boston Stoughton, responded to this review, 5 August 2014

Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

We had a good stay here. The staff were professional and helpful. Very sweet young woman at the breakfast counter. When we arrived a couple was getting married in the Courtyard -- very sweet to see - an Asian/Caucasian wedding with traditional Chinese dress. The bed was comfortable and we did not hear noise from other rooms. There is a small balcony that you can step out onto...but it does not have chairs and the space is not deep -- you can still go out there to look at the courtyard and get real air....and I suppose it could be life saving should there be a fire! We love Marriott overall -- and we got a very reasonable price here - Senior's rate/AAA. I was ill and had to leave one day early. I was worried they might change the rate for the nights we stayed but they did not. They were very understanding and accommodating.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

West Bridgewater, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

Service from everyone including the front desk, to the ladies who run the Bistro, to the woman who has been taking care of our room, to the lifeguard at the indoor pool, has been excellent.

We will be here (in 2 separate suites) due to home damage repairs, for at least one month, possibly more.

The front desk has been more than helpful with providing us with an additional desk chair in our 2 adult sons' suite, to providing both of the suites with a second fridge.

The beds are extremely comfortable! My husband and I have a suite with a king bed, while our sons have a suite with 2 double beds. Both suites are very, very clean, and seem very well maintained. Also worthy to note: In the suites, each room has its own thermostat, and the AC units work VERY well, which we are extremely happy about.

Today we had the chance to check out the pool and hot tub and laundry room firsthand. I was happily surprised to see that there was a lifeguard on duty. The pool and the hot tub are both indoors, very close to the laundry room, so while our clothes were washing, we were able to enjoy a nice break by swimming. There is 1 washing machine that holds a good-sized load of laundry. We have a new "HE" front loading washer and dryer set at home, and this top-loading machine easily accommodated our large load. There are 2 dryers. All of the machines requires "tokens" which cost $1.50 each and can be purchased at the front desk. There is a machine on the wall that sells laundry soap and dryer sheets, but we brought our own.

In the courtyard of the hotel there are comfortable lounge chairs, tables and chairs with umbrellas, as well as upholstered outdoor seating areas.

The lobby is very nice and has several different seating configurations, including booths that remind me of "pods" where we've had breakfast and dinner.

The Wi-Fi through out the hotel is excellent; not slow or losing signal at all. We enjoy the flat panel HD tvs; 2 tvs per suite.

I plan to take pictures to post here, and if anyone has questions about this hotel, ask away. And I hope you've enjoyed this review. :)

P.S. This would be a great place to stay if you wanted to visit Boston but not stay right in the city. It's an easy drive in to the city; this hotel is very conveniently located to the highway, and very close to a "T" Station, train station, that will take you right in to the city.

Room Tip: We are on the 4th floor in a king-bed suite; we're on an end, and our window and (small) balcony...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Norbert G, General Manager at Courtyard Boston Stoughton, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Dear Theresa,
Thank you so much for your kind words.
We truly appriciate your feedback and look foward to provide you with excellent service for the rest of your stay.
Norbert
Brookline, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

This Marriott is rapidly becoming my home away from home. The staff goes out of their way to make your visit pleasant, to customize the experience, and to accommodate the busy travel and work schedules of the people who stay here. Donna, the manager of the café, is simply outstanding. I would especially like to mention the excellent work done by Santa at the front deck, ably managed by Michelle. The GM Robert Ginter is doing a great job leading this magnificent team.

• Stayed June 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Norbert G, General Manager at Courtyard Boston Stoughton, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Dear Naren,
It is always a pleasure to welcome you back and serve you each time you stay with us.
I am very happy my team and i are able o accomodate all your needs.
Clarks Summit, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

Stayed here one night for a wedding. I had originally requested a king bed with a pull out sofa bed, but when I arrived they had upgraded me to a room with 2 king size beds. Sweet!

Also have a Starbucks on site that offers coffee and juices, pastries, and hot breakfasts such as eggs and bagels.

Nice, quiet location, free wi-fi, clean room, large courtyard with what looked like comfortable seating and tables (it rained while I was there, didn't get to enjoy the courtyard) had a mini fridge in the room which was a nice feature.

Hotel is right off the highway, great place to eat up the road a bit (within walking distance if you don't mind a 5-10 minute walk) called Rick's Cafe.

Would recommend this hotel to a friend!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
      Sleep Quality
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Norbert G, General Manager at Courtyard Boston Stoughton, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Dear Christina,
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave comment on Trip Advisor.
I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay as well as our Bistro.
We look forward to welcome you back when travel brings you to toughton area.
Throop, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

Service was amazing. Got right in to our room very quickly after arriving well before check in. I had to get to work immediately because I was photographing a wedding and needed to put my gear away and suitcase.

The room was very clean thought we arrived around the time when the cleaning ladies were going about the rooms to take care of everything so there was garbage and carts strewn about the hallways for a few hours.

The walls were paper thin in this hotel and I could hear just about anything and everything. There were people in the hallway talking and I literally thought someone got into our room because I heard the door crack open but it was actually just someone opening up their own door.

I slept quite well up until the early morning when it sounded like the hotel was falling in on itself due to someone taking a shower in one of the other hotel rooms. I woke up in a fit trying to figure out where this god awful noise was coming from and located it in the shower area. I believe it's due to some really bad plumbing issues. It sounded like the plumbing was going to fall out of the wall and explode. This happened just about every time the person/people took a shower, washed their hands, or flushed the toilet in the room that connected to ours through the plumbing (it wasn't necessarily the room next to us.) We were in room 243.
It scared me right out of my sleep and I had a hard time falling back to sleep after that.

Otherwise besides the weird plumbing issue noise and paper thin walls. This hotel has everything you need for a quick overnight stay.

Room Tip: I believe most rooms are generally the same. I was in 2 separate rooms visiting someone and it was a...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank leahdaniels
Norbert G, General Manager at Courtyard Boston Stoughton, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Dear Leah,
Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments on Trip Advisor.
I am very happy to hear you enjoyed our clean room and a great service, however
please accept my sincere apology for an inconvenience we cause you regarding a noise.
I can assure you, i will look deeper into the issue and find ways to correct as soon as possible.
We look forward to welcome you back next time travel brings you to Stoughton area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stoughton
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Brockton (Boston)
Hyatt Place Boston/Braintree
#1 of 1 in Randolph
BEST WESTERN Rockland
BEST WESTERN Rockland
#1 of 3 in Rockland

Been to Courtyard Boston Stoughton? Share your experiences!