“Best Chinese Food in Stow” 4 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Chinese, Japanese
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Chinese Food in Stow”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Kids enjoy chicken with broccoli. Friendly staff. Good selection of maki. It's nice to have a local restaurant for take out or eat in.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank David T

Stow, Massachusetts
“Good food, good price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2013

Red Ginger is the only "real" restaurant in Stow, other than a chain pizza place. It was a very welcome newcomer to a rather dull strip mall. The food is very good and the price is right. I haven't seen the lunch buffet for a while, so it may no longer exist. The menu is large and varied, with lots of terrific lunch specials, which will more than fill you up. The cuisine is a mixture of the expected Cantonese along with Szechuan and Mandarin styles. Something for every taste.

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank brandondr
“Love this place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2013

I enjoy going to Red Ginger frequently. All the staff are wonderful and friendly, the food is quite good, and reasonably priced, as are the drinks.

We usually sit at the bar. I've never had a bad meal and the one time that I found my noodles too spicy, they took them away and brought me a new disk - less spicy. The chef or manager came to apologize and make sure everything was okay. Excellent service there.

I am surprised to hear in another review about a customer being shouted at. I simply cant believe this and suspect that they are exaggerating.

Favorites;

1 Thank JaneR2D2
Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
“A bit hit and miss”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2013 via mobile

After a couple of visits, we realised the cafe and the service is a bit hit and miss. On our first visit, the service was really great and the food followed suit. However, with our recent visit, both service and food were lacking anything special.

• Visited March 2013
Bolton, Massachusetts
“Will never return!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2013

Red Ginger is in a ideal location for us. We make an almost weekly trip in that direction and would love to have a place to rely upon when we prefer to eat out.

First the food: it's okay, nothing exceptional, but one can almost always find something to fall back on at a Chinese restaurant. And it's fun to try different dishes in hopes of discovering new favorites.

The service is what will prevent us from returning.

Recently we tried Red Ginger. Once seated, we were presented with menus listing the specials, and we were happy to try a couple. Upon being presented with the bill, we noticed the items were almost double the price on the menu. I politely approached our waitress to ask about this and was told the special prices ended at 4:00. When I explained that our menus showed the special prices, I was told I'd have to speak to someone else.

The "someone else" started to shout at me, in front of other customers mind you, and literally propelled me back to my booth.

At the cash register, my husband mentioned his disappointment at the fact that we were presented with lunch menus and that's what we ordered from. This triggered another tirade about prices on the dinner menu (which, again, we didn't receive).

Needless to say, no customer should be treated this way. No shouting, please. Never again, despite the convenience of location.

• Visited December 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Been to Red Ginger? Share your experiences!