“A Perfect Place for a Frugal Traveler”

Econo Lodge Sturbridge
Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Sturbridge
Reviewed 27 September 2012

Quite a pleasant surprise: very clean, comfortable, and reasonably priced. On main road, easy to find. No frills (and no charges for unwanted amenities). Small motel sitting behind old farm house that has been remolded in to motel office and apartments. Nothing to complain about whatsoever.

Room Tip: all looked about the same to me
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 10 September 2012

Out dated, smelled like cheese, dirty. The air conditioning completely stopped working in the middle of the night. The nob actually fell off the air conditioner when we tried to turn the temperature down. The mini fridge made an extremely loud banging noise every 30 minutes. The bath had someone else's hair in it. The sheets were moth-eaten thread-bare. The 2nd floor walkway is made of warped plywood that does not feel stable to walk on. We paid an astronomical price for this dump during the Brimfield Antique Show. The "breakfast included" was just coffee. Will never stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank jschro
Reviewed 3 July 2012

I don't know what the other rooms were like, but the one I was given was not good. There were tiles missing in the bathroom, it was dirty, the fridge door wouldn't close, the bedspread had cigarette burn holes in it. Not clean at all. I'm really not that picky, but this is a place I would definitely NOT recommend.

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank sueb18
Reviewed 30 June 2012

My brother moved to MA and on our first visit we stayed here, it was the closest. The room was under welming. We checked out because we were travelling around the state and didn't want to pay for a room if we didn't make it back. But we made it back for day 2 and got a different room that was worse than day 1. It smelled. Do to it being the only hotel in the area we stayed a 3rd night. At which time they gave us another room which was also smelly and not worth the money. We now stay at a hotel that is some distance from my brother but the rooms are much better. The strange thing is the hotel we stay at now is pet friendly and it smells good compared to this place that does not allow pets and cost more. Smells like mold,meldew,funk!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed 17 May 2012

Room was clean, pet friendly with no weight restriciations. Rooms were some what dated and walls are alittle thin could hear people next door and behind. Its off the road and has nice area to walk the dog. We were heading back to florida and only needed 1 night. Safe place to stay. Price was cheap, had a mini fridge and hairdryer and will stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 September 2011

We stayed here for four nights during September Brimfield Antique Show. I was late making reservations and this was all I could find nearby. The regular rate is $56.99 and the rate for the week of the antique show is $125.99 per night! I realize that all of the hotels raise their rates during this week, but REALLY!!!

It was nasty smelling. I went to Walmart and got Fabreze and I also wiped most surfaces with wet wipes. I removed the ugly smelly bedspreads and left them in the corner all week. That helped, but it was still bad. The toilet would not stop running and there was no light bulb in the desk lamp. Since we left the room very early, before the office was open, I left a note on my pillow asking for light bulb , toilet repair, and extra towel. I got one towel and no light bulb. Toilet still running. . . When I called that night to ask for bulb I was told to check the plug - which made sense because none of the plugs would hold my phone charger in. Finally someone brought a bulb.

I will remember to get reservations somewhere else for next springs Brimfield Show.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 June 2011

I stayed there on my way back from maine to connecticut. The room was clean. The dresser looked dated and was missing a knob and had holes in the top where the tv lockdown device was previously mounted. Had plenty of cable channels. A/c thermostat knob shaft was stripped so a/c only ran at coldest temp full blast and could not adjust. Room was like a refrigerator I payed 39.99 with a coupon they honored. Housekeeping banged on door very early and opened it anyways but i had the deadbolt locked thank god as i was still in my underwear. I saw a Labor Ready pad the maids were using so I think they use temps to clean the rooms. It looked like it was another fancier brand of motel back in its heyday. Pool was not open still covered up.

• Stayed: June 2011