“Excellent staff”

Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Sturbridge
Bellefonte, Pennsylvania
“Excellent staff”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We didn't have a reservation driving from Maine to Pennsylvania and thought Sturbridge made a good half way point. Found the Hampton Inn with a pool and decided we'd stop hoping they had a room available. I was greated by Steven who was incredible! He got us checked in, provided me with the information for the pool, breakfast, checkout etc. Even though the hotel is undergoing an update, we found our room very comfortable, quiet and clean. The kids enjoyed the pool and breakfast was served till 10am. Steven was at the front desk in the morning and greeted me by name, asked if everything was to my satisfaction and if i needed anything. I would absolutely stay here again if only for the service we received.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Jody S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Browns Mills, New Jersey
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I always thought these chain hotels were all alike, but not true. This one was decorated in traditional style. The staff was helpful and friendly. The pool and hot tub was heaven. After a long drive it was nice to unwind in the hot tub. The pool surface is pebble and felt really nice on the feet. There is a little patio area with a fountain and several chairs around that was just nice little relaxing area away from too much noise and people. There are three reason why I am not giving 5 stars, 1). I was surprised the hotel didn't have a fridge and microwave in the room and 2). the hotel is undergoing renovation. Although I never heard any construction noises and they took extreme care to make sure you didn't see the construction vehicles around the hotel. 3). The A/C unit was a little noisy.

Room Tip: I am not sure I can give you any real room tips as our two stays we were in the same floor, same wal...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Ashford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Everything went well as expected with Hampton Inn. Friendly staff, spacious bedroom, quiet. Breakfast is just as it should be. Everything is clean...nothing to say apart that the front desk also offers a list of the local restaurants with their opening hours, which is great when you arrive late.
A very good experience

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Checked in to a room in a hallway undergoing refurbishing. Workmen outside the room were very noisy. Biggest problem was that the air conditioner would not work properly and would not cool the room. We called mgmt and a man came to fix it. Said it was fixed so we went out and about. When we returned the AC was still broken. Thankfully they moved us to another room. The room was clean but the waste cans in the public areas were full to overflowing. The breakfast was horrible - rubber eggs, dried out muffins, no fruit. Poor resupplying of food when it got low. I would rather have paid for the meal and gotten passable food. On the other hand, the bed was comfortable, the towels were ok, and the noise died down after the workmen left. Thus, I give a 2 rating. Would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Kara B, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Sturbridge, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Thank for you alerting us about the service missteps you encountered with your guest room and our dining selections. We're glad that we could help get you moved to a new room but regret the disruptions this caused to your comfort. We're reviewing your comments with our team and will make the necessary changes to ensure we're providing our warm Hamptonality.

Kind regards,
NY
Reviewed 29 June 2014

I've stayed at this Hampton Inn before and was also pleased with this visit. The young lady that checked me in (I don't know her name, but she had bright pink hair!), was delightful. I arrived a bit before check-in time, but she quickly found a room for me.The room showed a little wear and tear, but nothing that was excessive by any means. It was very clean and the bed was comfortable. I had to go back down to the lobby later on and the desk clerk that was on at that time wasn't so pleasant. Nothing particularly bad happened, just an overall attitude. I was woken up late in the night by very loud conversation in the adjoining room. I waited a while, then decided to call the front desk to see if they could put an end to it. The room was called immediately and I never heard another word through the walls. Breakfast the next morning was just so-so, but it was free so I'm not about to complain. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
La Plata, Maryland
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We often stay at Hampton Inns and the rooms are always comfortable and well-appointed. Most rooms have a microwave and mini-refrigerator. The complimentary breakfast always has an excellent selection of foods including eggs, breakfast meats, muffins, fruit, cereals and juices. We also like the 24 hour coffee in the lobby.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

1 Thank Imagecatcher
doncaster
Reviewed 31 May 2014

I reviewed this Hotel in 2013. On the basis of a perfect Hotel experience previously I booked again to stay. I arrived at 10.30 pm after a 7 hour flight and a 100 mile drive. After a pleasant desk book in I took the elevator to my floor. Arriving at the floor level I was met by furniture covered in dust and carpets along the passageway almost white with builders plaster. The bedroom smelled of dust and was most unpleasant. The following morning I had to step around the materials and tools of builders. The doors to at least 6 rooms were open to the workmen.I did make known my concerns to the reception staff but was told that a notice to the effect that work was taking place - so that was to be taken as sufficient care. Guests apparently should be more aware of signage whatever their level of tiredness or time of day. The wing to these rooms should have been closed during remodelling. No apology was given by the staff and although 100% satisfaction guarantee is offered this is somewhat worthless in the final analysis.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that has no remodelling taking place next door
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank annegoddard
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sturbridge
Comfort Inn and Suites Colonial
#5 of 13 in Sturbridge
Days Inn Sturbridge
Days Inn Sturbridge
#10 of 13 in Sturbridge

Been to Hampton Inn Sturbridge? Share your experiences!