“Wish I new about the renovations before we got there.”

Hampton Inn Sturbridge
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Sturbridge
Oxford, Connecticut
“Wish I new about the renovations before we got there.”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

This location is undergoing a major renovation. The smell from the carpet and grout permeated the building. I literally had to climb over the carpet installers in order to get into my room. Because the carpet hadn't been completely installed, the light shined brightly under the door.

The housekeeping staff was rude, loud and obnoxious. They yelled to each other up and down the hallway, blocked the walkway and spoke on cell phones while waiting for elevator to the next floor.

The room was comfortable and clean. The breakfast area was very crowded and the wait for the waffle maker was 4 deep.

I mentioned the housekeeping staff issue to the front desk, the girl said she would let the head of housekeeping know.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Philadelphia
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

As a diamond member I stay in Hilton properties often. I was put in a first floor room - which I was uncomfortable with. They said it was the only room. I then was put in the first room, where the door is on the lobby - next to the coffee - And window looked out on the portico where everyone pulls up! Every person who entered I heard, every wheel, and last person came in at 1:30 am! Slept but woke up to the coffee crew making coffee, getting utensils set up & while setting up they had a conversation that was loud - and I needed to walk out in my pajamas to ask them to be quiet. by 5:45 a group of 5 men made their coffee outside the door - grr

when I complained, and wanted a refund- I was told that only the manager can help me... And she would need to call me! After not hearing from management I called Hilton Honers and they cleaned up the issue! Choose another hotel

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank dbcg
Kara B, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Sturbridge, responded to this review, 19 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay with us. Unfortunately, on busy nights we cannot always accommodate requests, but we certainly try our hardest. I apologize that you were placed on the first floor, however we wish that you had accepted our offer to move you to a higher floor so that you could be more comfortable.

If you find yourself in the area again, I hope that you will give us a second chance to show you the quality and service that you expect of Hampton Inns.
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Bathroom fan did not work -- asked the front desk for repair; never happened. No microwave or fridge in room. Breakfast was good, with extremely minimal choices. Got to hear all about the breakfast area staff's personal issues (complete with son's arrest and all the swearing expletives that went with it) -- since their voices were extremely loud. Front desk staff was TOO EFFICIENT to have any personal interaction (only three minutes to check in?). For the money, stay at the Comfort Inn or Quality Inn (within one mile of this Hampton) -- you will get better/same service for less dollars. Pillows are terrible. Two pillows for each person; still needed more to prop my head up -- better bring your own to get comfy.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

San Diego
Reviewed 14 July 2014

we stayed one night. Receptionist was business like, not friendly. Room was standard fare. Clean and serviceable. Breakfast was pretty good. All in all, reasonable except for reception and price. Way expensive for what it was.

Pembroke, Massachusetts
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We stayed here the week of the Brimfield Fair, so the prices were jacked up to over $200 a night, including taxes and fees. Although the hotel was not offensive, it was NOT WORTH THAT PRICE!! It's a little dated, but we found the rooms clean enough. Unfortunately, the walls are a bit thin, though. I could hear the man next to us singing in the shower every morning, and his toddlers screaming at night. The complimentary breakfast buffet was not great, but for that money, I was taking advantage of it. One nice thing is that they have a self serve coffee bar available 24 hours a day. Decent coffee, too. Unfortunately, the coffee is located too close to the automatic doors, so you inevitably cause the doors to open every time you want a cuppa joe. It's a little unnerving. One night, I returned after 11 pm and was lucky to nab the last parking space. I have to wonder if parking has been a problem for people returning to the hotel late at night. Overall, I would stay there again for less than half of what I paid per night. But what we paid was a total ripoff for what we got. I should mention that the staff was very friendly. The experience wasn't terrible. I just wish it had been easier on my wallet.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Medfield, Massachusetts
Reviewed 12 July 2014

As Hilton Honors members, we only stay at Hampton up and down the East coast. Because we stay frequently at two in particular, a much appreciated upgrade to a suite is always waiting for our arrival. This hotel was very adequate. Rooms were up to Hampton high standard. Breakfast was so-so compared to others. Overall, a good place. No complaints, nothing really exceptional.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Bellefonte, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We didn't have a reservation driving from Maine to Pennsylvania and thought Sturbridge made a good half way point. Found the Hampton Inn with a pool and decided we'd stop hoping they had a room available. I was greated by Steven who was incredible! He got us checked in, provided me with the information for the pool, breakfast, checkout etc. Even though the hotel is undergoing an update, we found our room very comfortable, quiet and clean. The kids enjoyed the pool and breakfast was served till 10am. Steven was at the front desk in the morning and greeted me by name, asked if everything was to my satisfaction and if i needed anything. I would absolutely stay here again if only for the service we received.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Jody S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sturbridge
Comfort Inn and Suites Colonial
#5 of 14 in Sturbridge
Days Inn Sturbridge
Days Inn Sturbridge
#10 of 14 in Sturbridge

Been to Hampton Inn Sturbridge? Share your experiences!