“Exactly what we needed”

Hampton Inn Sturbridge
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Sturbridge
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Stayed at this Hampton Inn for one night on way home from Logan.
I was able to use my Honors points,plus a small fee, so I can't fault the price.
It lived up to my expectations - quiet room,comfortable bed, good breakfast.
The young clerk that checked us in so polite and friendly.
The one complaint was the temperature of the lobby and the corridor to our room - too cold.
The renovations are not complete, so that may have added to the colder temperatures.
Would stay here again while traveling, if necessary.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Kara B, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Sturbridge, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

We are so happy that you took the time to write such a pleasant review of our property. The points and money rate is a great option for HHonors members and we are glad that you took advantage of it! We can't wait to see you again if you find yourself in the area; you will be able to let us know how our renovations turned out!

Reviewed 22 July 2014

My husband and I spent one night in this hotel and it will be our last. We are silver members of Hampton and have always stayed in their hotel with satisfaction until now. We requested a king with sofa room and received a confirmation via email for that room. Upon arrival, we were assigned a room with two queen beds, no refrigerator or microwave. We decided not to complain and just stay in that room. During the night, around 1;30AM we heard someone trying to get in our room. My husband got up and told the person (through the door) that he had the wrong room. We no sooner got back to sleep when the same person was at our door again. I called the front desk and the young lady said she would take care of it. She never reported back to us. The next morning, I asked to speak with the manager and was told that the desk manager had the day off and the "owner" would not be in until the afternoon. I gave the front desk attendant my home phone number and requested he/she call me. I have not heard a word to this date even after calling myself the following day. They have a sign that says 100% satisfaction guaranteed or you do not pay on the front desk. This sign should be removed! We spent $171 for the night of discomfort. Breakfast was a joke too. Two people that couldn't keep the food chaffers filled for the guests. What a disaster!!

4  Thank 722patricias

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property after your recent stay. I apologize for the miscommunication and can assure you that the issue has been addressed to prevent reoccurrence. We take issues of safety and security very seriously; your comfort is our biggest concern. I will be contacting you personally to discuss the matter and apologize again.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Stayed for one night while visiting Brimfield Antiques Show. Location was convenient, room was quiet and comfortable (although we could have used both a fridge and a shower cap). Lobby not too attractive, as they are renovating. We missed the breakfast but appreciated the always-available coffee. Although the price was too high (I assume because of Brimfield) I thought this would be a better choice than some other area chains; however, having seen them at least from the outside, I'm not sure. All in all, it was okay but seriously overpriced.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 July 2014

This location is undergoing a major renovation. The smell from the carpet and grout permeated the building. I literally had to climb over the carpet installers in order to get into my room. Because the carpet hadn't been completely installed, the light shined brightly under the door.

The housekeeping staff was rude, loud and obnoxious. They yelled to each other up and down the hallway, blocked the walkway and spoke on cell phones while waiting for elevator to the next floor.

The room was comfortable and clean. The breakfast area was very crowded and the wait for the waffle maker was 4 deep.

I mentioned the housekeeping staff issue to the front desk, the girl said she would let the head of housekeeping know.

Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

As a diamond member I stay in Hilton properties often. I was put in a first floor room - which I was uncomfortable with. They said it was the only room. I then was put in the first room, where the door is on the lobby - next to the coffee - And window looked out on the portico where everyone pulls up! Every person who entered I heard, every wheel, and last person came in at 1:30 am! Slept but woke up to the coffee crew making coffee, getting utensils set up & while setting up they had a conversation that was loud - and I needed to walk out in my pajamas to ask them to be quiet. by 5:45 a group of 5 men made their coffee outside the door - grr

when I complained, and wanted a refund- I was told that only the manager can help me... And she would need to call me! After not hearing from management I called Hilton Honers and they cleaned up the issue! Choose another hotel

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank dbcg
Kara B, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Sturbridge, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay with us. Unfortunately, on busy nights we cannot always accommodate requests, but we certainly try our hardest. I apologize that you were placed on the first floor, however we wish that you had accepted our offer to move you to a higher floor so that you could be more comfortable.

If you find yourself in the area again, I hope that you will give us a second chance to show you the quality and service that you expect of Hampton Inns.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Bathroom fan did not work -- asked the front desk for repair; never happened. No microwave or fridge in room. Breakfast was good, with extremely minimal choices. Got to hear all about the breakfast area staff's personal issues (complete with son's arrest and all the swearing expletives that went with it) -- since their voices were extremely loud. Front desk staff was TOO EFFICIENT to have any personal interaction (only three minutes to check in?). For the money, stay at the Comfort Inn or Quality Inn (within one mile of this Hampton) -- you will get better/same service for less dollars. Pillows are terrible. Two pillows for each person; still needed more to prop my head up -- better bring your own to get comfy.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Reviewed 14 July 2014

we stayed one night. Receptionist was business like, not friendly. Room was standard fare. Clean and serviceable. Breakfast was pretty good. All in all, reasonable except for reception and price. Way expensive for what it was.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sturbridge
Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Sturbridge
Publick House Historic Inn
#7 of 14 in Sturbridge
Sturbridge Host Hotel & Conference Center
Southbridge Hotel And Conference Center

Been to Hampton Inn Sturbridge? Share your experiences!