“Great bargain for the price”

Scottish Inn Sturbridge
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Sturbridge
Lawrenceville, New Jersey
“Great bargain for the price”
Reviewed 11 October 2010

For $53 a night, the place was great. It was clean and relatively quiet. The room included a fridge, microwave, and free wireless internet. The staff was pleasant. The water pressure was strong. Best of all it was next door to a quaint dinner that was equally as cheap and friendly. A great hotel for the money.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
, Owner at Scottish Inn Sturbridge, responded to this review, 14 October 2010
Thank You for staying at the scottish inns in sturbridge. We hope you enjoyed your stay. I hope to see you again.

Scottish inns.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Metuchen, New Jersey
Reviewed 22 July 2010

We thave ried booking this Hotel and once we put the credit card in, it gave a message that those dates are not avialable. After one week, they have charged our credit card with one day stay which we did not even go through. When we called the Hotel, they gave us a bogus trip number.. This Hotel is under investigation from our credit card company!!!!

Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank NJgail
, Manager at Scottish Inn Sturbridge, responded to this review, 14 October 2010
You made a reservation online but, didn't show up thats why we charged a No-Show charge and when you called we gave you info on where to call. We also provide all info to credit card company( Copy of reservation etc.)

Scottish inns.
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 10 June 2010

I was there for the Brimfield Antique market with my elderly mother who became ill. We were only staying there for one night. My mother was sick the evening we stayed there and the man at the front desk who could have been the owner or manager was so nice and really helped me. He was so kind and generous to us. He acted like it was his own mother who was ill. I'll take a good manager who treats people with kindness over the cleanest room in the city anyday.

• Stayed May 2010
Southport, CT
Reviewed 15 May 2010

Booked on-line, sight unseen, and should have focused on the reviews that discussed lack of cleanliness!

First of all, the room we stayed in had 2 full sized beds, but arranged in such a position, that there barely enough room to get around the second bed into the bathroom!

The bathroom! Yikes! Black mold, apparently, on the shower tile floor. Really disgusting! Hot water simply ran out in the middle of a shower, the "desk," was all apologies, explaining that some other quest was using a "tub," and that was the excuse?

The room smelled of must and mold. Also, from rates around $60.00, we paid $112.00 with tax because the raised the fees for Brimfield! Live and learn!

We passed by the new Hampton Inn, and made a mental note to try this next time!

NEVER AGAIN!

• Stayed May 2010
Los Angeles
Reviewed 4 April 2010

From the reviews, I thought this would be a really nice motel. Rooms had a strange smell, bathroom was old and dirty. Ended up leaving.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
Uk
Reviewed 21 October 2009

The room price was $53, which was a bargain. It was basic, but had a microwave, fridge, large tv and air con and most of all it was clean. They even provided donuts and coffee in the reception free of charge on the mornings. There is free parking right outside your door. It's a short drive to Old Sturbridge Village. The towels were small and the walls were quite thin, but what do you expect for $53!!

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank UkJetlag
Connecticut
Reviewed 12 August 2009

I needed an inexpensive place to stay for a few nights to get some work done on a big project. The Scottish Inn was perfect for what I needed: cheap, clean, quiet, and comfortable. It's a great value -- for only $53 a night, I had a comfortable bed with nice sheets and decent pillows, excellent AC that beat back the hot and humid weather, a good-sized, nicely-decorated room with a mini-fridge, microwave, cable TV, digital alarm clock, and a super-clean tiled bathroom with shower stall (good water pressure) and plenty of (rather thin) towels. Continental breakfast (included in room rate) was good coffee, packaged baked goods (nutritional info is thoughtfully posted for your information) and two kinds of cold cereal. The room where breakfast is set up is not large enough to eat in, but my room had a table and two chairs, so I just brought stuff back with me.

A drawback that didn't really bother me: my room had two double beds, and there is barely enough space to get by the bed nearest the bathroom to get to the bathroom. This would be a problem for anyone who has difficulty walking or who uses a walker or wheelchair. It's a tight squeeze. I didn't see a room with a king-size bed, but it might be worth asking if you call the motel whether this space issue is present in the king rooms. I don't know whether the motel has any specifically handicapped-accessible rooms.

The motel is set back from the road just a bit, and you do hear traffic going by, but it didn't bother me. There were very few people staying at the motel while I was there, but we weren't clumped together, as sometimes happens at motels. I heard no noise from any other rooms, except for a door closing once in awhile.

Right next door is a restaurant -- Annie's Country Kitchen -- that looks like it'd be good for breakfast or lunch. A takeout menu was included in my room, and it looks like diner fare. I didn't go to Annie's but it seems like a busy place.

I will definitely stay here again. It's an excellent value.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled on business