“Rehearsal dinner”

Veritas
Price range: US$9 - US$22
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: VERITAS restaurant also has a New Twilight Menu available from 2:00 to 4:00pm
Reviewed 10 January 2014

On Thursday August 15 2013 we had the good fortune to host our Son and new Daughter in laws Rehearsal dinner at Veritas Restaurant in Sturbridge Ma. We had one recommendation of a friend but not being from the area we were at a disadvantage. We went on Trip Advisor for recommendations. We were so happy to so see so many excellent reviews we booked our event Kurt and Kelly, Chef and owners were great from the first moment I spoke to them on the phone. The website made it easy to see menus,wine lists,and pictures of the function room. My Husband and I arrived with the flowers in the afternoon, the room was beautiful and set up looked great We met Kurt and Kelly they assured us our dinner would go great .It did ! The food was fantastic, servers Michelle and Rick could not have been more attentive to our fifty .guests. The Bride and Groom had a wonderful time. We also had a couple of Gluten Free guests Kurt made sure two of the entrees and a dessert were Gluten Free.The whole event was perfect from start to finish. We cannot say enough wonderful comments.If you have the chance to go to Veritas , make sure you do ,Veritas Restaurant is not to be missed. Thank you for a wonderful night.

There are newer reviews for Veritas

Reviewed 7 January 2014

My husband and I decided at the spur of the moment to stop for lunch at Veritas. We had heard that the food was good and that the menu had a nice variety of offerings. True and true. The menu has something for everyone. We each chose one of the daily specials. Our meals, which included soup, were very good with generous portions - a fantastic value. We'll definitely be back, next time for dinner.

1  Thank Susan P
Reviewed 5 January 2014

We were very excited when Veritas came along mainly because they have much more reasonable prices than most of the "high end" restaurants in Sturbridge area. My husband and I liked this place very much, especially their Gorgonzola cheese bread, sometimes we'll take out a couple of them at a time and have it next day. The service is great, and the food is really good!

Reviewed 20 December 2013

It's a nice place. It has attractive decor, good servers, and reasonable prices. But, alas, the food is only good. My wife and I went for lunch. I had a cup of squash soup and an arugula salad with sea scallops.. The soup was excellent. The arugula and dressing good. The problem was with the scallops and their preparation. They were too white, bleached looking, and were in pieces. One nicely prepared fresh whole scallop would have been a huge improvement. My wife had shrimp ravioli in a cream sauce. She judged it as good but not as good as she had expected. We'll probably try it again in a few weeks.

Reviewed 19 December 2013

We decided to try this restaurant for thr first time for my husbands birthday. The dinner was outstanding. The service was great from the hostess who seated us and pointed out where the rest rooms were to the attentive yet not overbearing waitstaff. Our water glasses were filled, our salad timed just right and meals delivered without feeling rushed. The food was top shelf. The scallops were fresh and expertly prepared as was the steak with carmelized onions and Gorgonzola cheese. Then to top everything off was the dessert! The Chocolate brownie sundae with a light tasting brownie and real cream topped with vanilla ice cream and sauce was great. My chocolate peppermint creme brûlée was phenomenal! We will definitely return soon.