“Wonderfully charming!”

Old Sturbridge Inn & Reeder Family Lodges
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Sturbridge
Reviewed 12 June 2014

We were married at Old Sturbridge Village on June 7th and everyone attending our wedding stayed at the Inn & Lodges. The accommodations were great and the location was perfect for our Village wedding/reception. There were plenty of places for us to gather as a group and the staff was friendly and easy to work with. Having a charming place for everyone to stay was just one more detail that made our wedding weekend perfect!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Lynel L
OldSturbridgeVillage, Manager at Old Sturbridge Inn & Reeder Family Lodges, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

It was our pleasure to have you and all your wedding guests here for your big day. I was glad to hear everyone had a good time and everything was perfect. Hope to see you and your guests back again.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

We just returned from a stay at the Old Sturbridge Inn and Reeder Family Lodges - wonderful! From our first contact of making reservations through our checkout, every staff member we encountered was so welcoming and accommodating. The rooms were beautifully decorated and very clean and comfortable. The grounds are beautiful and very well maintained. The management and staff definitely go beyond what is expected to make your stay a pleasant experience. This was a 30th wedding anniversary getaway that will always be remembered - and we hope to return again soon.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank corley19
OldSturbridgeVillage, Manager at Old Sturbridge Inn & Reeder Family Lodges, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Thanks for your wonderful comments about our Inn and Lodges. Our entire staff takes pride in our rooms and property and they want all our guests to enjoy the wonderful experience here as part of Old Sturbridge Village. We are glad you choose us for your 30th. Hurry back soon.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

I f you're going to Old Sturgridge Village, this is the place to stay for an inexpensive & very relaxing stay. The rooms were large, clean, and the bed was super-comfortable. The staff were terrific; they even found us a great babysitter for our grandson!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Cathy051
OldSturbridgeVillage, Manager at Old Sturbridge Inn & Reeder Family Lodges, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Thanks for your comments on our staff and comfortable beds. I was glad you had an nice time and hope you enjoyed the wedding. While we do not have a babysitter on site I was pleased we were able to honor your request by having Samantha our high school breakfast attendant pitch in. Hope to see you again.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

I stayed in the Oliver Wight House on one cold night in February, as I was passing through town. What a fantastic job they've done maintaining the historic feel of the house, while also adding the comforts and amenities of the 21st century. The floor of the room is actually slanted, and the planks are of uneven size. I imagine that is the best they could do back when they built the place! And yet, the room was perfectly comfortable by contemporary standards. They must have managed somehow to seal up the old cracks, but to hide the use of contemporary materials.

In any case, I had a delightful stay. The room was fantastic. The staff was super-friendly and accommodating. I'll go back, and next time bring my family with me.

Room Tip: For the historical experience, try the Oliver Wight house!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank toposophic
OldSturbridgeVillage, Manager at Old Sturbridge Inn & Reeder Family Lodges, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2014

Thanks for your comments about the Oliver Wight House which was built in 1789 and on the National Historic Register. Yes it still has all the old charm with the new modern features like 32'' flat screen TV's, I pod stations , coffee makers, safes, iron and ironing board, hairdryer, robe and slippers. You can't miss the original Rufus Porter Muriel its a sight to see. We hope you return soon and glad your stay was a pleasant one.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Brought the grand kids to OSV; our first visit in 20 years. After first night, a maintenance man spotted a low tire in our van. While we ate breakfast he fetched an air pump and added air. Then suggested we get it checked and gave us directions to a local tire dealer. Found a screw in the tread, probably picked up I the parking lot at a local restaurant where we had dinner the night before and that were doing some construction. Ah well. Tire dealer took good care of me. On returning to the lodges, the maintenance man flagged me down and asked if all was well and was I satisfied with the tire guy. We very much appreciated him looking out for us and our vehicles. The receptionist was cheery, friendly and chatty. She had good advice on some other local places to visit and antique shops--one of my wife's passions. The rooms were very nice. Beds very comfortable. All in all, we were very pleased with the stay. Would very definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Richard G
OldSturbridgeVillage, Manager at Old Sturbridge Inn & Reeder Family Lodges, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Thanks for your comments, I will make sure I pass them off to Len, the maintenance man who assisted you. Our entire staff wants everyone to feel right at home here and assists our guests in any way they can. Glad you and the grand kids enjoyed the Village and had a great time. I will be sure to pass along your wonderful comments to all. Hope to see you again.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Well located for access to the Old Sturbridge village, this Inn provides excellent accommodation at a reasonable price. Very good sized rooms with extremely comfortable beds and a sensible bathroom layout, all clean and well presented. The breakfast was adequate and available in a pleasant room, to chat with other guests.
If you are nearby, you will not find a better sleep or better value!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for your wonderful comments about our Inn and Lodges. Many guests comment on our layout, comfortable beds, cleanliness and pleasant staff. We are centrally located and offer our guests discount tickets to Old Sturbridge Village. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

I had stayed for many years at this Inn when it was called Old Sturbridge Village Motor Lodge. When it closed a few years ago I tried in vain to find a place like it for my May and September stays during the Brimfield Antique shows. When I saw that MY inn was reopening, I was thrilled! I grabbed my friends and we went to check it out. Brian, the manager was helpful and delightful. He showed us the renovations and the new addition of a breakfast room. We booked rooms for 5 nights. When we checked in Christine was a lovely greeter. And the rooms...even better than we remembered. Everything is immaculate and the beds were amazing. In the past, after working the antique fields we dreaded coming back to our hotel rooms. Now we just could not wait to get back to our rooms and into those fabulous beds! The comforters and the pillows were divine.
We are looking forward to returning "home" in September.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
OldSturbridgeVillage, Manager at Old Sturbridge Inn & Reeder Family Lodges, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Thanks for your great comments, I am glad you and many of your friends have returned home again. Many guests like yourself formally stayed at the Lodges when they were previously opened and rave about the renovations and how comfortable our beds are and how friendly everyone on the staff is. We can't wait for you to return home in September.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sturbridge
Publick House Historic Inn
Comfort Inn & Suites
#2 of 14 in Sturbridge
Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Sturbridge
Southbridge Hotel And Conference Center

Been to Old Sturbridge Inn & Reeder Family Lodges? Share your experiences!