“Better than I Was Expecting” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cedar Street Grille

Cedar Street Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
Cedar Street Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 64 Restaurants in Sturbridge
Price range: US$14 - US$26
Cuisines: American, Bar, International
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Romantic, Bar Scene, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Route 20
Description: A lively American bistro with a menu that encourages sharing, exploration and the celebration of food. American specialties with a unique flair on the standards.
New York City, New York
“Better than I Was Expecting”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2013

We came to Sturbridge for the Brimfield Antique Show. Coming from the NYC area, I did not have high hopes in the food department. This restaurant was remarkably good for suck an odd area. I had fried chicken, which was really good. We started off with a fried calamari dish that came with fried pickles - also really great. My side of mushrooms I could have done without. It is one of the more expensive restaurants in the area, but if you're coming from a city, it was very reasonable for us.

Visited July 2013

• Finnish first
Agawam, Massachusetts
“Dont buy the steak”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2013

Service was slow, a promised steak knife never materialised, the steak (a special) was tough, very tough. A chap on the next table had his meal replaced twice!, the service we received was terrible, I for one will never eat there again.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Robert3236
New York City, New York
“Unusual menu. Tapas and regular courses. Great find!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2013

Ate at Cedar Street Grille on our overnight stay in Sturbridge, and selected it based on Tripadvisor reviews. We had a great meal. My husband had the halibut special and I coudn't resist filet mignon at $25, coming from Manhattan. The tapas-style appetizers we selected,
wine and lemon pie for desert, were all delicious. I had sushi-style tuna which came with 2 garnishes, combining sweet and sour flavours. Would definitively go back on another stay in
Sturbridge.

• Visited June 2013
Naples, Florida
“Nothing to Write Home About”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2013

With a large convention in town we were surprised to get a last minute reservation which, it turns out, we didn't need. The menu is so varied it's as though the chef couldn't decide what to offer so he listed everything he could think of. If you find yourself with a hankering for a pork chop with fried pickle chips you'll probably not find them elsewhere. Not feeling very adventurous I tried the bacon cheeseburger sliders. Not terrible - not great. The menu referred us to our server for the draft beer selections. There were several - none of which I'd ever heard of and none of which our server could describe. Wound up with something O.K. but overpriced. I felt sorry for our server because it was clear that this was the last place on earth she wanted to be that night. I'm not familiar with the Sturbridge restaurant scene but I hope there are better choices than the Cedar Street Grille.

Visited June 2013
Southbridge, Massachusetts
“2nd Time a charm”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2013

I reviewed this eatery a few months ago after my first visit and rated it a "Do not return" because of the very bland and tasteless food, the loud background music and other noise. On the invitation of a friend, we returned for a second try. This time I had the steak Pablo and my wife the apricot glazed Salmon. On this occassion both were great with plenty of flavor, just the opposite of our 1st visit. The steak was cooked to order and sliced into 4 large, tender pieces. We ended with coconut creme broulee and that was great as well. The noise level and music were diminished by the fact that we were seated in a side room that was quieter. The 2nd try was significantly better than the first, and I would now recommend it to friends, depending on what they ordered. I would still stay away from the bland pork chop and swordfish.

• Visited June 2013